PDA

View Full Version : MMA Killed Kung Fu?

wiz cool c
10-20-2013, 04:27 AM
I was in a barns and noble yesterday in long island new York. first time I have been back in the states in 5 years. the first thing I did was go right to the sports section of the magazine stand, and to my surprise no kung fu tai chi magazine, about three mma mags and a grappling mag. then latter to the martial art book section, I think I saw two or three kung fu books at least.

then I met my first kung fu teacher I ever had. an American guy from my home town, we hung out and chatted .one of the first thing he said[kung fu is dead, mma killed it] if anyone wants to learn to fight they just go to mma, ...... I thought this happened to some extent ,but not to the point that kung fu would be wiped out. how about the kung fu school owners here. are you guys doing ok?

SoCo KungFu
10-20-2013, 06:27 AM
MMA didn't kill kung fu, just stole its girlfriend. Kung fu committed suicide in a Denny's parking lot

mooyingmantis
10-20-2013, 06:49 AM
We are far from dead. :)

In Northeastern Ohio alone you can study:

1. Four styles of Mantis
2. Four styles of Monkey
3. Choy Li Fut
4. Hung Gar
5. Northern Shaolin
6. Two styles of Shuai Chaio
7. Three styles of Taijiquan
8. Wushu taught by a "shaolin monk"
9. Wing Chun
10. Bagua
11. Hsing I

All that is within about an hours drive from my school.

Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine and several kung fu books can be found at Books A Million less than 2 miles from my house.

wiz cool c
10-20-2013, 07:16 AM
that is very good to hear, are you a school owner?

bawang
10-20-2013, 07:19 AM
mma didn't kill kung fu. the tightey whitey killed kung fu.

wiz cool c
10-20-2013, 07:27 AM
it is the opposite in reality, but I like that name tightly whitey cause in china cause of our size it fits tightly ,you know with the women there and all

Wuxia007
10-20-2013, 08:30 AM
I don't know if it is killing CMA, but it certainly is challenging its current model. As far as learning practical fighting skills, it's a little hard to compete against the MMA model when many CMA schools in America have been playing it safe with their family-friendly promoted environment for so long. American CMA students put on big gloves and a bunch of pads and then are told not you strike the face or below the waist, to pull all kicks and punches, and to approach sparring with a 3 point score mentality. In addition, when training chi-na, how many partners are actually resisting and fighting back rather than simply stand there quietly and allow the other to perform the technique in a repititious fashion? MMA schools train with resisting partners/opponents who aren't pulling their punches... to a certain degree. Like American Boxing, they are constantly training with a resisting/aggressive partner.

In the eyes of MMA, we're nothing more than corner street after-school TKD and Karate programs. CMA schools play it safe to protect their family-friendly environment in a sue happy society in order to protect their business. It's understandable. Unfortunately, it comes at a price.

Interestingly enough, the few CMA schools that I have been to that try to focus more on a pragmatic approach and less on promoting a family-friendly environment tend to have horrible foundations in their techniques. Not really sure why that is.

Just my two cents. I'm probably wrong, but... eh... live and learn.

wenshu
10-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Kung fu committed suicide in a Denny's parking lot

I've heard reports that Kung fu is still alive.

It was too much of a ***** to go through with it.

wiz cool c
10-20-2013, 08:54 AM
in my experience ,most of the schools in the states will spar and do application, which is more then you will get from traditional kung fu teachers in china. it is like pulling teeth trying to get that stuff from them, don't get me wrong if you travel with a group of tourist to train and pay them a half a years salary they are willing to open up. but that is not my case. I live there and train with teachers that never had a foreign student before.

mickey
10-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Greetings,

In the past, if anybody wanted to learn to fight they would go to a boxing school, a karate school, a judo school, a tap dancing school, a pilates school, a beautician school. They would stay ten thousand hells away from a kung fu school. MMA has not done any damage at all. And SanDa only serves to justify what people "knew" all along: TCMA does not work. This is what is killing kung fu: The perception and the transmission of said perceptions through improper teachings.

mickey

Syn7
10-20-2013, 09:21 AM
We are far from dead. :)

In Northeastern Ohio alone you can study:

1. Four styles of Mantis
2. Four styles of Monkey
3. Choy Li Fut
4. Hung Gar
5. Northern Shaolin
6. Two styles of Shuai Chaio
7. Three styles of Taijiquan
8. Wushu taught by a "shaolin monk"
9. Wing Chun
10. Bagua
11. Hsing I

All that is within about an hours drive from my school.

Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine and several kung fu books can be found at Books A Million less than 2 miles from my house.

What do you think the ratio is between serious wrestlers and serious kung fu in Ohio? What do you think is more likely for one to train after or during a wrestling career, kung fu or MMA?

MMA hasn't killed kung fu because for so long kung fu has refused to engage. The examples are few and far between.

Anyways, they are two different things. Two different goals. Kung fu is more than just fighting, whereas MMA is pretty much all about sport fighting. Where MMA may win in the cage, they will probably not win in a sword fight. MMA is a big deal in pop culture these days, but kung fu will always push along. In some cases it will readjust with the times, in others it will stand tall on it's original principles. Depending on the style, this may or may not be a good thing. The only thing kung fu really needs to do is recognize that old doesn't mean better. What was tried and true at one point is not always the case at another. Like any martial strategy, it should adjust to the times. You don't see people flank tanks with horses and sabers because it's obvious that is just stupid. When it comes to kung fu larpers, it's not so obvious because so many are caught up in the romance of it and never actually have to use it in diverse ways. But those who do use it in modern context with a wide variety of opponents and styles seem to do ok. Time will tell. And as far as it compares to MMA, again, we'll see. MMA is growing in China, it will be interesting to see how much of their kung fu core they bring into the ring five/ten years from now.

Jimbo
10-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Do I think MMA has killed CMA? No. For one thing, CMA is still in existence. Secondly, CMA has always lagged far behind TKD, karate, boxing, wrestling, etc., in popularity and visibility. Many people from these arts have long belittled CMA. If anything, MMA has probably had a far more chilling effect on these various arts, particularly karate, TKD, etc., in a certain age bracket.

In Taiwan, TKD has been the number one MA for *decades*. I've also heard the same was true in Hong Kong. This was long before the rise of modern MMA.

Syn7
10-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Do I think MMA has killed CMA? No. For one thing, CMA is still in existence. Secondly, CMA has always lagged far behind TKD, karate, boxing, wrestling, etc., in popularity and visibility. Many people from these arts have long belittled CMA. If anything, MMA has probably had a far more chilling effect on these various arts, particularly karate, TKD, etc., in a certain age bracket.

In Taiwan, TKD has been the number one MA for *decades*. I've also heard the same was true in Hong Kong. This was long before the rise of modern MMA.

You could argue that MMA is more related to JMA's, KMA's, western boxing, wrestling etc than it is to CMA's. One could also argue that most of the crossover between MMA and CMA is purely incidental. This is just a natural consequence of self segregation. It doesn't really speak to the quality.

wiz cool c
10-20-2013, 09:58 AM
I would be interested in hearing from any full time school owners, how has this effected the student enrolment, and can some still make a living running a traditional kung fu school in America?

YouKnowWho
10-20-2013, 01:10 PM
If TCMA can use these 2 clips as model (partner training 1st, solo training 2nd) and develop 1 skill after another, it will last forever.

1. partner training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgVrUMzZZE

2. solo training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kzCn-SAKsM

Why can't the TCMA striking art systems also use this model to develop the striking skill?

Do we always have to start our TCMA training from this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvF6r6DOvc

or from this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTbbzgjJZA

Kellen Bassette
10-20-2013, 01:29 PM
MMA is the best thing to happen to Kung Fu in a long time. It is forcing people to look at reality, or be resigned to the Wing Chun forum. :p

But seriously, you can adopt the realistic training of Kung Fu, preserve the art and be relevant, or you can live a fairy tale and be a joke.

Last night I went to a Muay Thai show. Two sanshou fighters fought and each won their match by TKO. I went to ask how they came to do sanshou, there is none around here...their coach had learned TCMA and sanshou...he said, "We knew it worked, it only needed some minor adjustments."

Kung Fu is alive and relevant to his two fighters at least....I believe there are more.

mooyingmantis
10-20-2013, 02:42 PM
that is very good to hear, are you a school owner?

Yes, I am. I have practiced martial arts for about 45 years and taught for 35 years in Indiana and Ohio. The last decade that I have taught, I have only charged other instructors. All others can train without a fee.

My students are always looking for people to train with/against. If you are ever in or passing near North Canton, Ohio, please look us up. Anyone that has a school within a reasonable distance that would like to invite my students to come and spar, we would be honored to accept the invitation.

In my school we practice mantis boxing. We use both ancient and modern training methods.

I can tell you which kung fu schools in my area don't have a clue about fighting and which have some of the toughest fighters that I have seen. Sadly, the clueless ones are the majority.

I believe that kung fu schools will always survive because we have the most to offer over the course of one's lifetime. Exercise, strength building, flexibility, self-defense, sport fighting, forms, weapons, Chinese medicine and Chinese philosophy/religion. We are a cradle to grave art.

SoCo KungFu
10-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Yes, I am. I have practiced martial arts for about 45 years and taught for 35 years in Indiana and Ohio. The last decade that I have taught, I have only charged other instructors. All others can train without a fee.

My students are always looking for people to train with/against. If you are ever in or passing near North Canton, Ohio, please look us up. Anyone that has a school within a reasonable distance that would like to invite my students to come and spar, we would be honored to accept the invitation.

I like your business model, and your open door policy. By removing the necessity of student income in making overhead, do you find you attract those more willing to go hard, at least more so than other TCMA schools? Or rather, do you find you can go harder without losing too much of what would otherwise be a timid student base, in favor of those more willing to come in and bang?

PalmStriker
10-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Those who want to learn to fight and have some capacity as a fighter for whatever reason have many traditional options to choose from. MMA is now one of those popular options. Kungfu offers many other benefits as do a number of other cultural schools of thought/practice. Different times and space but Kungfu is more popular now, internationally than ever, special thanks to the WWW Viewer's Association. :D http://www.blackbeltmag.com/category/daily/martial-arts-history/?topicid=9327

bawang
10-20-2013, 04:05 PM
MMA is the best thing to happen to Kung Fu in a long time. It is forcing people to look at reality, or be resigned to the Wing Chun forum. :p

But seriously, you can adopt the realistic training of Kung Fu, preserve the art and be relevant, or you can live a fairy tale and be a joke.

Last night I went to a Muay Thai show. Two sanshou fighters fought and each won their match by TKO. I went to ask how they came to do sanshou, there is none around here...their coach had learned TCMA and sanshou...he said, "We knew it worked, it only needed some minor adjustments."

Kung Fu is alive and relevant to his two fighters at least....I believe there are more.
mma is the best thing that happened to kung fu. anybody that complains and miss the good ol days are aging hippy nerd poosy.

Kellen Bassette
10-20-2013, 04:07 PM
mma is the best thing that happened to kung fu. anybody that complains and miss the good ol days are aging hippy nerd poosy.

I have to agree with this.

bawang
10-20-2013, 04:14 PM
it is the opposite in reality, but I like that name tightly whitey cause in china cause of our size it fits tightly ,you know with the women there and all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecwRObqxUQ8

IS YOU LOL

mooyingmantis
10-20-2013, 05:12 PM
I like your business model, and your open door policy. By removing the necessity of student income in making overhead, do you find you attract those more willing to go hard, at least more so than other TCMA schools? Or rather, do you find you can go harder without losing too much of what would otherwise be a timid student base, in favor of those more willing to come in and bang?

First, my student base is limited. I only take students age 13 and up. I feel that what I teach is inappropriate for children. I also limit some material to ages 18 and above.

Second, I limit the number of students that I take at any one time. I teach EVERY class personally and work hands on with each student individually. Not really something one can easily do with a larger class.

Third, every student is told at the time that they join they I will receive payment in their sweat. Train hard, accept bitter or leave! I don't need students who will be an embarrassment to me or the art. So, yes my students train hard or I ask them to leave. And yes, I have told individuals to leave.

My students are quite diverse in why they come. Most desire self-defense, some also are interested in fitness and philosophy. Regardless of why they come, every student must do conditioning, a minimum number of forms (I only require five at most) and sparring. We spar probably five out of eight classes. Here are our sparring rules:

1. Students may wear as much gear as they desire. Mouth guards, cups, MMA gloves, and head gear with shield are required.

2. Punching, kicking, gouging, locking, throwing and grappling are permitted to everywhere except the neck, knees and back.

3. Grabbing may be done limit-lessly to any part of the body. We are a mantis school after all. :)

4. Everyone spars everyone else regardless of sex or weight class.

5. If you learn a weapon, you will spar with that weapon versus any other weapon that I choose.

No other kung fu school that I know of in Northeastern Ohio spars with the same open rule set that we do. NONE! If another does, I hope that they correct me here.

Finally, two kung fu schools that I believe deserve recognition here: Ho Chun (Gene Chicoine's shuaijiao school) and the Shaolin Kung Fu Institute (Gino Belfiore/John Ervin) are two of the toughest kung fu schools in Northeastern Ohio and definitely stand out as schools that represent true fighting TCMA.

-N-
10-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Why can't the TCMA striking art systems also use this model to develop the striking skill?

or from this?

Not all TCMA start from forms.

-N-
10-20-2013, 06:54 PM

or from this?

http://youtu.be/7EsJf5_JFC8

Study this form closely.

SavvySavage
10-20-2013, 08:41 PM
First, my student base is limited. I only take students age 13 and up. I feel that what I teach is inappropriate for children. I also limit some material to ages 18 and above.

Second, I limit the number of students that I take at any one time. I teach EVERY class personally and work hands on with each student individually. Not really something one can easily do with a larger class.

Third, every student is told at the time that they join they I will receive payment in their sweat. Train hard, accept bitter or leave! I don't need students who will be an embarrassment to me or the art. So, yes my students train hard or I ask them to leave. And yes, I have told individuals to leave.

My students are quite diverse in why they come. Most desire self-defense, some also are interested in fitness and philosophy. Regardless of why they come, every student must do conditioning, a minimum number of forms (I only require five at most) and sparring. We spar probably five out of eight classes. Here are our sparring rules:

1. Students may wear as much gear as they desire. Mouth guards, cups, MMA gloves, and head gear with shield are required.

2. Punching, kicking, gouging, locking, throwing and grappling are permitted to everywhere except the neck, knees and back.

3. Grabbing may be done limit-lessly to any part of the body. We are a mantis school after all. :)

4. Everyone spars everyone else regardless of sex or weight class.

5. If you learn a weapon, you will spar with that weapon versus any other weapon that I choose.

No other kung fu school that I know of in Northeastern Ohio spars with the same open rule set that we do. NONE! If another does, I hope that they correct me here.

Finally, two kung fu schools that I believe deserve recognition here: Ho Chun (Gene Chicoine's shuaijiao school) and the Shaolin Kung Fu Institute (Gino Belfiore/John Ervin) are two of the toughest kung fu schools in Northeastern Ohio and definitely stand out as schools that represent true fighting TCMA.

Those sparring sessions sound awesome. Can you post some video?

SavvySavage
10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecwRObqxUQ8

IS YOU LOL

The funny thing about that video is I hear a little Chinese in there. The part where they ask him if he had one or two girlfriends sounded like it was in Chinese.

SavvySavage
10-20-2013, 08:46 PM
I was in a barns and noble yesterday in long island new York. first time I have been back in the states in 5 years. the first thing I did was go right to the sports section of the magazine stand, and to my surprise no kung fu tai chi magazine, about three mma mags and a grappling mag. then latter to the martial art book section, I think I saw two or three kung fu books at least.

then I met my first kung fu teacher I ever had. an American guy from my home town, we hung out and chatted .one of the first thing he said[kung fu is dead, mma killed it] if anyone wants to learn to fight they just go to mma, ...... I thought this happened to some extent ,but not to the point that kung fu would be wiped out. how about the kung fu school owners here. are you guys doing ok?

Was traditional gung fu ever big outside of Chinese communities in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s?

David Jamieson
10-21-2013, 04:42 AM
Killed?

I doubt it. Kung fu never was a ring sport.
MMA has had a more adverse effect on western boxing in my opinion.

MMA bouts are fast becoming bigger draws than boxing matches and especially at the amateur levels where mma has become very popular.

Even traditional boxing clubs had to go out and start white collar boxing clubs to generate interest. lol Those are now as common as pigeons.

P.S Kung Fu is the secret well that mma visits when it wants to change up the game a little by being unpredictable.

mooyingmantis
10-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Those sparring sessions sound awesome. Can you post some video?

Below is a clip of various beginner and intermediate sparring sessions from 2013.

Since we train mantis boxing, I emphasize fast combinations and "sticking" to our opponent. To train this we fight on an eight foot round carpet. No where no run, no time to pause.

These guys are still a bit sloppy, but again they are beginners and beginner/intermediates. None of them are interested in becoming professional fighters. They just want to be able to handle themselves if they need to defend themselves. I think they are showing progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsArkm55b_0&feature=youtu.be

Kellen Bassette
10-21-2013, 03:21 PM
MMA has had a more adverse effect on western boxing in my opinion.

No doubt. Many boxing coaches are now teaching hands for MMA gyms. It's the best avenue for them in many places.
Boxing still seems to be able to bring in a lot more money, though....

GeneChing
10-21-2013, 03:30 PM
It only has KO power and power until the tap. :p No deaths in MMA (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48919), right? That would be bad for the sport.

Seriously however, MMA has dominated the newsstands. The only non-MMA print magazines on the newsstands nowadays (assuming you can even find a decent newsstand) are Black Belt (which is half MMA nowadays anyways), Tai Chi, and us. From the newsstand measure, if MMA killed anything, it would be Karate (http://www.martialartsmart.com/karate-styles.html) and TKD (http://www.martialartsmart.com/tae-kwon-do-styles.html).

Snipsky
10-21-2013, 04:00 PM
man, there tons of traditional kung fu schools all over the world. MMA didn't kill sh1t.
it did however cause some schools to change direction and get with the times.

Snipsky
10-21-2013, 04:01 PM
MMA produces spousal abuse

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't think it killed TCMA, I think it's pointed out some gapping flaws, but has also taken some gems or is acquiring them from TCMA and adapting them within it's bounds. evolution, evolution, evolution always

-N-
10-21-2013, 04:43 PM
From the newsstand measure, if MMA killed anything, it would be Karate (http://www.martialartsmart.com/karate-styles.html) and TKD (http://www.martialartsmart.com/tae-kwon-do-styles.html).

MMA didn't even know it was fighting some of the "TCMA" that's out there.

lkfmdc
10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
people always make lame excuses when the fighting footage from their classes is a slop-fest

none of the people in these clips are professionals, and only one has even had a sport fight, and only 2 of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VAufGeqm1I

wiz cool c
10-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Seriously however, MMA has dominated the newsstands. The only non-MMA print magazines on the newsstands nowadays (assuming you can even find a decent newsstand) are Black Belt (which is half MMA nowadays anyways), Tai Chi, and us. From the newsstand measure, if MMA killed anything, it would be Karate (http://www.martialartsmart.com/karate-styles.html) and TKD (http://www.martialartsmart.com/tae-kwon-do-styles.html).

Gene do most of the barns and nobles carrying kung fu tai? the one out in long island didn't have it. beside the mma and bjj they had a tkd and traditional fighting arts mag

JamesC
10-21-2013, 07:09 PM
people always make lame excuses when the fighting footage from their classes is a slop-fest

none of the people in these clips are professionals, and only one has even had a sport fight, and only 2 of them

Nice clip. The guy with the black under armour shirt on threw a nice crisp combo. He looks new to takedown defense. Or perhaps it was a drill for that purpose? We used to do drills where one person could only strike and the other could only do takedowns. I had a 14 year old very nearly knock me out doing that once.

Also, that girl towards the end has some fantastic MT.

TenTigers
10-21-2013, 07:48 PM

Long Island, ya say?Hmmm..well, my school is doing better than ever, and all the full-time, traditional Kung-Fu schools I know are doing fine, if not better in the last ten years.
Certainly not dead, not by a longshot.

GeneChing
10-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Gene do most of the barns and nobles carrying kung fu tai? the one out in long island didn't have it. beside the mma and bjj they had a tkd and traditional fighting arts mag It's market dependent, so each B&N makes it's own decisions based on point-of-sale results. Some might never have had us on their newsstand. With major chains, magazines have to buy in to their newsstands and its an investment that doesn't always pay back. Basically, you invest $10K+ and the chain will add a certain number of issues to new markets, but if you fail to make your quota (usually 40-50%), they don't carry the next issue. It's an antiquated system, one of the many reasons that newsstands are dying in America. We have not invested in a B&N insertion program in some time, so it's sort of a death of a thousand cuts.

Frost
10-22-2013, 08:37 AM

nice technical sparring clip, crisp skills and no one trying to kill each other,and everyone wearing the appropriate protective gear to ensure no one gets hurt.....whenever I see tcma clips they are normally at the extreme ends of the sparring spectrum ; either way to much contact for the skill level of the guys involved and the protection they are using, or no contact compliant stuff that simply never works in a free setting, what this clip shows is how easy it is to work real skills without people killing each other all you need is decent coaching and proper gear......its not that hard

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2013, 01:40 PM
what this clip shows is how easy it is to work real skills without people killing each other all you need is decent coaching and proper gear......its not that hard

you would think but I've seen people on here say that gloves, boxing or mma, are not practical and teach bad habits. as for coaching, seems like most are scared to come into the modern era.

lkfmdc
10-22-2013, 01:45 PM
you would think but I've seen people on here say that gloves, boxing or mma, are not practical and teach bad habits. as for coaching, seems like most are scared to come into the modern era.

I spend too much time on Facebook, because I wanted to "like" this post :p

mooyingmantis
10-22-2013, 02:32 PM

Nice clip! Very typical of a school that emphasizes sport fighting, rather than self-defense.

Take away the amount of space that they can run around in so that they must hit or be hit continuously, make them fight for ten to fifteen minutes straight (no breaks, timeouts, no rounds), do not allow clinching as a means of resting and make them fight one opponent after another without a break in-between. Then see if your students can avoid a "slop-fest".

lkfmdc
10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
more **** talking from wannabes :rolleyes:

make them fight for ten to fifteen minutes straight

How do you have any idea how long they are sparring for? Easy answer, you don't.... you have ZERO idea how long my people spar for

do not allow clinching

yes, because in "real fights" clearly don't have clinching :rolleyes:

do you have any idea how serious an ass clown you are......

mooyingmantis
10-22-2013, 04:55 PM
more ****do you have any idea how serious an ass clown you are......

You are probably the lowest character martial artist I have ever encountered. I tried to talk to you like you are a mature adult. I should have known better.

As I stated earlier, your put downs would only hurt if I had any respect for you, which I don't. So, I won't waste anymore time on you.

lkfmdc
10-22-2013, 05:13 PM
You are a complete waste of time,

and a complete FRAUD, with your three students in a room teaching them complete slop

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7853&stc=1&d=1382043195

and drinking the koolaid telling them it is all deadly stuff

like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJC9GdxBvWk

Kung Fu isn't dead, it's just been turned into a cartoonish shadow of its former self by clowns like you....

Kellen Bassette
10-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Nice clip! Very typical of a school that emphasizes sport fighting, rather than self-defense.

Take away the amount of space that they can run around in so that they must hit or be hit continuously, make them fight for ten to fifteen minutes straight (no breaks, timeouts, no rounds), do not allow clinching as a means of resting and make them fight one opponent after another without a break in-between. Then see if your students can avoid a "slop-fest".

"Sloppiness" will increase with increased contact. Many good technicians turn sloppy under heavy pressure, even when they can maintain great technique under moderate pressure. I believe the only real fix for that is lots of experience under heavy pressure, to expect anyone to look like a pro in that environment.

"Clinching as resting" makes no sense to me. We are not talking about boxing, there is no rest in a Muay Thai clinch. Clinching may save you from eating punches, but that's when the knees start. The grappling that ensues, combined with clinch striking, is far more taxing than striking and moving. The clinch is the last place you want to be if your tired.

I'm glad to see your students are sparring, it is critical to the art.

Frost
10-22-2013, 11:30 PM
out of interest how is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJC9GdxBvWk
anyway related to what we see in this clip??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsArkm55b_0

wiz cool c
10-23-2013, 04:17 AM
Long Island, ya say?Hmmm..well, my school is doing better than ever, and all the full-time, traditional Kung-Fu schools I know are doing fine, if not better in the last ten years.
Certainly not dead, not by a longshot.

that is great very glad to here that, because i would like to open a school one day myself not in long island though,i was just there to meet my dad, but got to meet my first kung fu teacher ever again and we got to do some freestyle drills,was a lot of fun

Pete
10-23-2013, 05:04 AM
You are a complete waste of time,

and a complete FRAUD, with your three students in a room teaching them complete slop

whats wrong with only having 3 students? :p

from what i've seen on here your always aggressive to pretty much anyone who speaks to you, is it a new york thing? lol

MightyB
10-23-2013, 05:49 AM
The people that appear the happiest seemed to figure out their place in the world. Boxing is for boxing, Judo is for Judo, BJJ is for BJJ, & MMA is for MMA.

The same can be said if you're into Kung Fu or Wushu. Train hard and be your best.

GeneChing
10-23-2013, 09:04 AM
And then there are those who have found out that their place in the world is no more than being a troll on our forum here.

And bless them for that.

:p

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:16 AM

Mma is helpful to kung fu I believe. Kung fu is cool because it has that keeping with tradition while embracing the new mentality. Know what I mean? So people want to fight and but also want to know what the ancestors were doing. It gives you a connection to something ancient.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Below is a clip of various beginner and intermediate sparring sessions from 2013.

Since we train mantis boxing, I emphasize fast combinations and "sticking" to our opponent. To train this we fight on an eight foot round carpet. No where no run, no time to pause.

These guys are still a bit sloppy, but again they are beginners and beginner/intermediates. None of them are interested in becoming professional fighters. They just want to be able to handle themselves if they need to defend themselves. I think they are showing progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsArkm55b_0&feature=youtu.be

Isn't this what sparring is? Sparring is an approximation of fighting. They are going at an agrees upon pressure to try and work on skills but also try to win.
I like the clip.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:25 AM

They are hitting very light in this clip. Do you guys do harder sparring too or is this the general level of contact?

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 12:01 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/398235_2659619550236_608592019_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/399042_2659620150251_344596429_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/527346_2659620510260_1881248527_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/206073_3559831974984_1603425102_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/538670_2659621950296_1713140570_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/156256_2659623070324_329716770_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/305509_442537099106086_381424908_n.jpg

I'd say so far, our striking seems to have some effect....

Spiked
10-23-2013, 12:07 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/398235_2659619550236_608592019_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/399042_2659620150251_344596429_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/527346_2659620510260_1881248527_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/206073_3559831974984_1603425102_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/538670_2659621950296_1713140570_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/156256_2659623070324_329716770_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/305509_442537099106086_381424908_n.jpg

I'd say so far, our striking seems to have some effect....

I meant during class sparring. Obviously in competition you hit hard.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 12:09 PM
clean under pressure....

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/542927_2659618750216_303019348_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/389338_2659619150226_343266856_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/535151_2659619750241_95253164_n.jpg

YouKnowWho
10-23-2013, 12:14 PM
If you spar like this in training, you won't be able to find any training partner after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJ8lrbhDuA&feature=youtu.be

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 12:15 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/485865_2659619870244_73153254_n.jpg

youknowwho will like that one, "headlock" aka "head and arm throw"

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/555534_2659622190302_1706002659_n.jpg

the long fist throw bawang was talking about

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/427890_2666395519631_65330838_n.jpg

that one got "fight of the night"

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534920_2666387039419_1639226715_n.jpg

if you want to talk about "real fights" don't you think a full rules MMA fight is closer to a "real fight" than the tap play sparring so many of these wannabes are doing? :rolleyes:

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/483995_4543445404705_902024263_n.jpg

our most recent MMA title won in MA under full rules...

everyone an opinion, not all opinions are equal....

Dragonzbane76
10-23-2013, 04:04 PM
nice pics.

you don't happen to have a vid of this one do you? They got some altitude on it for sure. Like to have seen the full force of it. Can't really tell what is happening from a pic.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/555534_2659622190302_1706002659_n.jpg

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 05:28 PM
nice pics.

you don't happen to have a vid of this one do you? They got some altitude on it for sure. Like to have seen the full force of it. Can't really tell what is happening from a pic.

that is 1999 nationals, so old it was on VHS and we lost it when sandy flooded our storage room...

Spiked
10-23-2013, 05:32 PM
that is 1999 nationals, so old it was on VHS and we lost it when sandy flooded our storage room...

Did you lose all of your lama san da training/sparring and takedown training videos during Hurricane Sandy as well?

You did not lose any of the forms videos. Thank goodness those were stored on high ground.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Did your uncle touch your wee wee in a dark closet?

Spiked
10-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Did your uncle touch your wee wee in a dark closet?

You can dish it out but you cannot take it.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 05:40 PM
You can dish it out but you cannot take it.

no I am just laughing at your utter patheticness....

Spiked
10-23-2013, 05:42 PM
no I am just laughing at your utter patheticness....

Funny, those are the same thoughts I have when I see your teaching videos.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 05:43 PM
you really have to try harder...... :rolleyes:

Spiked
10-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I am done with this thread. Keep overrunning it with your "we trained so hard back then but I have no proof" nonesense. :)

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 05:45 PM
I am done with this thread.

bet you $1 you will keep posting, because you are a troll and trolls just can't help themselves

LaRoux
10-23-2013, 05:51 PM
I am done with this thread. Keep overrunning it with your "we trained so hard back then but I have no proof" nonesense. :)

He didn't do anything other than forms and some crappy pretend sparring "back in the day."

Spiked
10-23-2013, 05:57 PM
He didn't do anything other than forms and some crappy pretend sparring "back in the day."

Not true. He got a blackbelt in tae kwon do when he was a skinny teenager. He also got knocked out. :)

LaRoux
10-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Not true. He got a blackbelt in tae kwon do when he was a skinny teenager. He also got knocked out. :)

KO'd? Where?

Spiked
10-23-2013, 06:03 PM
KO'd? Where?

I will not respond to his childish posts anymore. Ask him to post the footage of his one fight. It was like a teenagers first time in the sack as in it did not last long. He retired from fighting after that.

The funny thing is he reinvented himself as this tough guy who learned so much from that old fat Chinese guy. Any mma he learned from the seminars he attended he mis-credits to his lama teacher. "We did all this stuff back in 1980." Sure he did.

He is emailing right now to try and get us banned.

GoldenBrain
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
You should at least pay him a dollar before you leave again.:rolleyes:

LaRoux
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I will not respond to his childish posts anymore. Ask him to post the footage of his one fight. It was like a teenagers first time in the sack as in it did not last long. He retired from fighting after that..

I guess the "tough training back in the day" didn't serve him so well.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 06:15 PM
I guess the "tough training back in the day" didn't serve him so well.

No it did not. But he had a lot of Chinese food and can be the mall Santa Clause due to the lack of hard training.

bawang
10-23-2013, 06:19 PM
at the end of the day he makes 100k a year and produces elite level fighters. you teach 5 guys at a yoga studio.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 06:24 PM
at the end of the day he makes 100k a year and produces elite level fighters. you teach 5 guys at a yoga studio.

At the end of the day you make no dollars a day sucking up to him.

His gym produces them. They have really good bjj and striking coaches there that train the fighters. David Ross does not train the real fighters. He watches the womens kickboxing classes and touches himself.

Read some of the reviews of his gym from women on yelp he tried to cheat.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/new-york-san-da-new-york

bawang
10-23-2013, 06:32 PM
At the end of the day you make no dollars a day sucking up to him.

His gym produces them. They have really good bjj and striking coaches there that train the fighters. David Ross does not train the real fighters. He watches the womens kickboxing classes and touches himself.

Read some of the reviews of his gym from women on yelp he tried to cheat.

I commend david ross because I think he is taking the right direction for kung fu, the steps that I want to take but cant.

I commend his success because my first teacher who had similar views as ross now works at a Chinese restaurant.

david ross himself was not remarkable as a martial artist, but he wants to build a different path for his students. that's what makes him fist saint.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 06:34 PM
david ross himself was not remarkable as a martial artist

You are a smart man, bawang. I could not have said it better myself.

bawang
10-23-2013, 06:35 PM
You are a smart man, bawang. I could not have said it better myself.

david ross himself was not a remarkable martial artist.

you don't seem to understand that my jimmies remain unrustled. they are jimmies of iron.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 06:37 PM
david ross himself was not a remarkable martial artist.

you don't seem to understand that my jimmies remain unrustled. they are jimmies of iron.

I am not trying to ruffle your jimmies. I do not even know why you are replying. Go do tai chi

bawang
10-23-2013, 06:39 PM
I do not even know why you are replying. Go do tai chi

I once swore an oath to malcom x to never bow down to the tightey whitey. I must break you.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 07:08 PM
I once swore an oath to malcom x to never bow down to the tightey whitey. I must break you.

If Malcolm X thought your people were in power he would have marched against you instead of whitey.

bawang
10-23-2013, 07:14 PM
If Malcolm X thought your people were in power he would have marched against you instead of whitey.

I am black.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 07:15 PM
I am black.

No you are not. You are an asian tai chi person. I saw your video where you did that form with a shoe in your hand.

wiz cool c
10-23-2013, 07:26 PM

bagwang's mom loves tightey whitey,that is why she brought him to this country,so she can have her share of them.she love you long time

Spiked
10-23-2013, 07:34 PM
bagwang's mom loves tightey whitey,that is why she brought him to this country,so she can have her share of them.she love you long time

Ouch. Bawang, you going to take that in the anus??

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 07:38 PM
You should at least pay him a dollar before you leave again.:rolleyes:

I am sure you are not the only one who noticed :D

Spiked
10-23-2013, 07:40 PM

That is the only win you can take from this. I hope you learned your lesson about internet bullying. Now go wipe the dust off your black belt.

GoldenBrain
10-23-2013, 07:44 PM

Indeed. I just about spewed Newcastle Brown Ale all over my keyboard when I saw his next post.

Kellen Bassette
10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Ok, I admit it..Ross really does have a swarm of strange, angry people hovering around him like moths...or whatever that signature says...

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 07:50 PM
spiked really has learned nothing if he thinks he is going to drive me away from here...... :cool:

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Indeed. I just about spewed Newcastle Brown Ale all over my keyboard when I saw his next post.

trolls are completely predictable, and never learn their lessons

Spiked
10-23-2013, 07:52 PM
spiked really has learned nothing if he thinks he is going to drive me away from here...... :cool:

David Ross has really learned nothing if he thinks I am trying to drive him away. Likely, he will ban himself.

I do not care if David Ross stays or goes. He will continue to eat, pretend to train, and be online anyway. Mall Santa.

Does anyone notice how nice David Ross became all of a sudden? :). The big bully cannot handle the heat. We like him better this way.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Ok, I admit it..Ross really does have a swarm of strange, angry people hovering around him like moths...or whatever that signature says...

they just can't get past their meaningless, trivial little lives and the fact that they will never mean anything

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
David Ross has really learned nothing if he thinks I am trying to drive him away. Likely, he will ban himself.

I do not care if David Ross stays or goes. He will continue to eat, pretend to train, and be online anyway. Mall Santa.

Does anyone notice how nice David Ross became all of a sudden? :). The big bully cannot handle the heat. We like him better this way.

think I am going to get banned, please hold your breath until it happens.....:rolleyes:

nice? I just called you a worthless no one, but heck, it is true and everyone here already knows that

Spiked
10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
they just can't get past their meaningless, trivial little lives and the fact that they will never mean anything

I hope the bully learned his lesson about crapping on tcma and on established teachers. Seems like he has. His bark is like a meow now.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 07:56 PM
think I am going to get banned, please hold your breath until it happens.....:rolleyes:

nice? I just called you a worthless no one, but heck, it is true and everyone here already knows that

I said you would ban yourself. I thought you were a trained historian. Did they not teach you to read?

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 08:09 PM
There is something remarkably funny about someone self appointing themselves the defender of TCMA who doesn't even know TCMA has throws :rolleyes:

But you know what is even funnier? How consistently these trolls here are pathetic no ones who just vent their frustrations at their own failure and in the process reveal how they can't grasp simple logic or even build a simple argument....

it like watching those crazy guys with the signs saying the aliens are coming and the end of the world is near :cool:

Spiked
10-23-2013, 08:13 PM
There is something remarkably funny about someone self appointing themselves the defender of TCMA who doesn't even know TCMA has throws :rolleyes:

But you know what is even funnier? How consistently these trolls here are pathetic no ones who just vent their frustrations at their own failure and in the process reveal how they can't grasp simple logic or even build a simple argument....

it like watching those crazy guys with the signs saying the aliens are coming and the end of the world is near :cool:

I said tcma did not have the throws from your video, mainly the single leg and double leg. I never said it did not have throws in general. Please learn to read, Mr historian.

Why don't you post all the videos of you training wrestling with your old kung fu Sifu? :). That would prove you trained wrestling back in the good old days. Everyone hold their breath.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 08:20 PM
here's the real truth, I went out into the dessert to meditate and an angle delivered all that I currently teach on two stone tablets directly from the lord almighty.... and CTS I just photoshopped into a bunch of pics... he never actually existed.....

considering some of the crap put out here by the trolls this is totally credible LOL

Spiked
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
here's the real truth, I went out into the dessert to meditate and an angle delivered all that I currently teach on two stone tablets directly from the lord almighty.... and CTS I just photoshopped into a bunch of pics... he never actually existed.....

considering some of the crap put out here by the trolls this is totally credible LOL

Desert only has one s, Mr Trained Historian. You have definitely had plenty of dessert though. Too many pork buns while doing lama forms and "other hard training". No one is doubting whether or not the guy existed. People have doubted for years what he really taught you guys because he was old as fuk when you met him. You are telling me he wrestled with you guys? :). Ok. He might have shown you some throws.

It is clear he taught you lots of useless forms and you are angry about that. That is why you are always ranting and raving about tcma.

And as for what you teach now? Anyone can go to weekend seminars and then pass of those techniques. That is what you did and do. And you have coaches that train the real fighters. I am not sure what you do but if anyone else is wondering just click the help link. Bawang keeps talking about how rich you are but he does not know you are charging peoples' credit cards who try to cancel with you and then sending them to collections.

Click the yelp link below if anyone doubts.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I guess he doesn't realize that every post he makes from the point he said "I am done" I get a $1

and people wonder why I am rich! It's because I get royalties on all these troll threads

Gene and I have matching golden and diamond villas overlooking naked chicks covered in nacho cheese

That's why Gene loves me and will never ban me, I made him all that nacho cheese

Yes, aliens teach all my classes...

You can click links to learn how the free masons and the aliens run the school :rolleyes:

Man, these guys never catch on, the more they post the sillier they look

Someone suggested that spike is mooyingmantis, but I think even Mooying is smarter than this guy!

It could be ladouche talking to himself.... he may even be doing it without being conscious, multiple personalities hah hah

Spiked
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I guess he doesn't realize that every post he makes from the point he said "I am done" I get a $1

and people wonder why I am rich! It's because I get royalties on all these troll threads

Gene and I have matching golden and diamond villas overlooking naked chicks covered in nacho cheese

That's why Gene loves me and will never ban me, I made him all that nacho cheese

Yes, aliens teach all my classes...

You can click links to learn how the free masons and the aliens run the school :rolleyes:

Man, these guys never catch on, the more they post the sillier they look

Someone suggested that spike is mooyingmantis, but I think even Mooying is smarter than this guy!

It could be ladouche talking to himself.... he may even be doing it without being conscious, multiple personalities hah hah

Keep meowing away. Meow meow. I like the new and nice David Ross.

What stories do you regal your students with when they ask your fighting experience?

Someone said I might be mooying mantis? Aww, are you rallying the troops to come defend your stained name soon? Lol. Fight your own battles. Feel free to cry to the moderators. Ha!!

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I am done with this thread.

that was post #71

bet you $1 you will keep posting, because you are a troll and trolls just can't help themselves

and the money keeps rolling in

Spiked
10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
that was post #71

Little cat had his claws taken away? Aww. Little internet bully who ate too many pork buns instead of training the "real lama".

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
wait, you think me calling you a complete idiot is me being nice? :rolleyes:

he really is brain dead folks :D

dlcox
10-23-2013, 08:51 PM
that was post #71

Hey, how do I get in on the dollar deal? It would come in handy when hitting the strip clubs.....as long as there's no nacho cheese on em'. They hate being handed sticky singles.:D

mooyingmantis
10-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Isn't this what sparring is? Sparring is an approximation of fighting. They are going at an agrees upon pressure to try and work on skills but also try to win.
I like the clip.

Thank you! SavySavage asked for a clip, so I put one up.

I don't have a problem with beginners looking sloppy. They have to start somewhere. And as you can see my students aren't muscle bound jocks. They are just normal guys and gals. As I mentioned in my initial post, none of them are interested in becoming professional fighters. They are happy with just learning to defend themselves.

As for the picture Dave put up. Wow! I wish that was my school. It is actually the Case Western Reserve College training room at their gymnasium. The photo shows me teaching a traditional mantis technique during a seminar that I was asked to teach. And if you look in the mirror, you will see more than three people. If I remember correctly there were about ten at the seminar. Some of Earthdragon and Ginosifu's students were there, so they can substantiate the above.

But who cares about facts. The stories people make up are far more interesting. LOL!

Spiked
10-23-2013, 08:55 PM
wait, you think me calling you a complete idiot is me being nice? :rolleyes:

he really is brain dead folks :D

Good job. Play by the rules on the playground and you will be fine.

I am not the delusional one who hides behind his students' accomplishments and his ridiculous lineage.

Me: "Are you a good fighter?"
David Ross: I'll have you know that Chan Tai San was a killer in his day. My students fight all over the place.
Me: You are ignoring my direct question

David: My students can beat you to a pulp. I will sue you for making me cry.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Thank you! SavySavage asked for a clip, so I put one up.

I don't have a problem with beginners looking sloppy. They have to start somewhere. And as you can see my students aren't muscle bound jocks. They are just normal guys and gals. As I mentioned in my initial post, none of them are interested in becoming professional fighters. They are happy with just learning to defend themselves.

As for the picture Dave put up. Wow! I wish that was my school. It is actually the Case Western Reserve College training room at their gymnasium. The photo shows me teaching a traditional mantis technique during a seminar that I was asked to teach. And if you look in the mirror, you will see more than three people. If I remember correctly there were about ten at the seminar. Some of Earthdragon and Ginosifu's students were there, so they can substantiate the above.

But who cares about facts. The stories people make up are far more interesting. LOL!

Your pal DAvid Ross has been unruly and allowed to run around buying people. I got sick of it. You missed a lot do great stuff. Stay tuned! He can dish it out but he cannot take it. He is crying to Gene right now. I guarantee it! I have effectively declawed the little internet bully.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
But who cares about facts. The stories people make up are far more interesting.

I guess you don't see the irony?

and, alternately, this is in fact the motto of this forum

LaRoux
10-23-2013, 09:07 PM

Thanks for that link. That was the best entertainment I've had in a long time. Can't say I'm surprised that so many people were put off.

Here were some of my favorites:

I'm not exactly sure why this place is so overpriced. The room smells horrible. There's absolutley no place to change, bathroom is DISGUSTING, and the instructor/owner is pretty creepy.

But to have a strange man stare at the class, while he's not even the one teaching is awkward. Something about him just completely puts me off. Not to mention the fact that i always like to have a trainer/instructor who is in shape

The room smells, and I'm pretty sure the smell is coming from the owner- it only seems to smell when he's around.

What he did was sneaky and underhanded and David had the audacity to accuse me of trying to be 'smooth', but he 'caught' me.

AND!!! He complains about annoying customers on his Facebook page. I mean, you are a business man! You're complaining about customers in a forum that you speak to customers through??? Unbelievable.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that link. That was the best entertainment I've had in a long time. Can't say I'm surprised that so many people were put off.

Here were some of my favorites:

Bro, where you been? You are missing the party.

David Ross is crying to his wife and Gene right now about all the mistreatment.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
you are increasingly obvious, you must be way desperate :p

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Please enjoy this clip of David doing real training. I have to get up early to go to work. Unlike him I do not have people to open up for me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAZloVS024

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
I have to get up early to go to work.

you at work

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DTYkWhCjsKk/T2zcUh5dH3I/AAAAAAAAAqM/5Gxc_5Jacks/s1600/black-ops-burger-flipper.jpg

LaRoux
10-23-2013, 09:15 PM
More from another Yelp site:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/i-love-kickboxing-manhattan

Dirty. Smelly. I came to a class and the sweat from a previous class was still on the matts and on the punching bags. They do not wipe it down. I guess that's where the smell comes from. The staff, especially, the manager (bald fat guy) needs some customer service training.

When i got there, the owner was rude and wouldn't let me take the class. I had my facebook account hacked so i had trouble showing my groupon on my app. Terrible Gym. Go at your own risk. The owner has no people skills and is rude to new customers. Never ever going back to that place again.

I show up early for the 6:30 class, and the first thing I notice is that the 5:30 class is being taught by an overweight man. Not just a little pudgy - I'm talking about overweight in an unhealthy way. If this is what teaching kickboxing on a daily basis does for you...well I'm a little turned off.

I bought a 10 package class off of groupon and it was a complete waste of money! First let me start off by saying that when I got off the elevator (I hadn't even arrived inside) the smell was so bad it took all my might to actually walk in the door...While I was still holding my breath and gagging from the smell...the gentleman at the front desk was so rude he told me I was 5 mins late and that they wouldn't let me into the class. Although I don't think I should have cared since I was in better shape then the instructor.

Even when we politely declined, he kept asking why and offering to sell us more and more classes at slightly smaller prices per class. I have never been more pressured by anyone to buy anything in my life. He just kept throwing out different numbers and conditions. The man trying to intimidate our money out of us was a short, portly, bald white man with beady eyes.

What is annoying is the facebook posts (I assume from the owner) complaining about the members. Its very unpleasant, posts like if you chew gum on the mat we will charge you for the cleaning. Meanwhile I dont think they have ever cleaned anything.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 09:19 PM
go to sleep, you have to get up early and clean the grease trap, and flip the burgers :D

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:20 PM
you at work

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DTYkWhCjsKk/T2zcUh5dH3I/AAAAAAAAAqM/5Gxc_5Jacks/s1600/black-ops-burger-flipper.jpg

Of course you know where I work. You come in every morning and order 3 breakfasts and a diet coke for yourself. I got your back. You want me to cook with low fat butter?

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 09:23 PM
first he's done with the thread, then he's going to sleep to go to work :rolleyes:

he can't keep to his story..... and honestly I think we all know he isn't even qualified to clean the grease trap :D

does it bother you that despite your best efforts, I am not taking you the least bit seriously?

Does it bother you that I am making A LOT OF MONEY and am well known while you are a complete failure in life?

Well, I have news for you

TOO BAD

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
and, once again, back to the topic, you know what "killed" kung fu? idiots like this who think they are the defenders of kung fu........

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
David,

Give it up. Or better yet call in the cavalry cause you are not winning the Internets with this one.

You are getting beat at your own game. The last time you had this deer in the headlights head scratching moment was during your coveted San da match. You probably want to forget all about that. Sorry for bringing it up.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:27 PM
first he's done with the thread, then he's going to sleep to go to work :rolleyes:

he can't keep to his story..... and honestly I think we all know he isn't even qualified to clean the grease trap :D

does it bother you that despite your best efforts, I am not taking you the least bit seriously?

Does it bother you that I am making A LOT OF MONEY and am well known while you are a complete failure in life?

Well, I have news for you

TOO BAD

I recommended the egg whites instead of regular eggs. Your cholesterol is going through the roof right now!

You are not taking my posts seriously and yet you are reading every one of them and responding. You are a bad liar, Mr Trained Historian who made up his martial arts background.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 09:27 PM
yup. I am getting under your skin, and you can't scratch it :D

keep talking, keep trying to tell yourself that you aren't a pathetic failure

keep telling yourself that you are being clever .... :rolleyes:

I am laughing at you....

hah hah hah hah hah hah

dlcox
10-23-2013, 09:28 PM
C'mon guys. You're gonna have to dig deeper than that if you want to win the quote of the week. Now stop with the sissy jabs and go for the jugular!

bawang
10-23-2013, 09:29 PM
and, once again, back to the topic, you know what "killed" kung fu? idiots like this who think they are the defenders of kung fu........

im pretty sure this guy is the same guy from 2011. he doesn't actually know that much kung fu, and was in high school

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:29 PM
yup. I am getting under your skin, and you can't scratch it :D

keep talking, keep trying to tell yourself that you aren't a pathetic failure

keep telling yourself that you are being clever .... :rolleyes:

I am laughing at you....

hah hah hah hah hah hah

Keep telling yourself that your pants will fit you in the morning.

lkfmdc
10-23-2013, 09:31 PM
you need better material....

aren't I keeping you up and you have work in the morning :cool:

bawan thinks you are a highschool kid, you're too stupid to be a highschool kid

maybe they kicked you out? ;)

now, let's keep an idiot in suspense

bawang
10-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Keep telling yourself that your pants will fit you in the morning.

ur the worst baiter I ever seen. I used to mind fuk jehovahs witnesses for fun.

Spiked
10-23-2013, 09:37 PM
you need better material

David Ross needs new manpons. His just got soaked.

dlcox
10-23-2013, 09:38 PM
ur the worst baiter I ever seen. I used to mind fuk jehovahs witnesses for fun.

Atta boy! That'll get you on the quote of the week thread. Keep it up!

bawang
10-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Atta boy! That'll get you on the quote of the week thread. Keep it up!

its a true story. I made a Jehovah witness old lady cry when I was 13.

dlcox
10-23-2013, 09:49 PM
its a true story. I made a Jehovah witness old lady cry when I was 13.

I know you're a righteous fella, but that's nothin' to brag about.:(

bawang
10-23-2013, 09:50 PM
I know you're a righteous fella, but that's nothin' to brag about.:(

i single handedly saving my naïve parents from an evil cult.

dlcox
10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
i single handedly saving my naïve parents from an evil cult.

Ok, fair enough.

bawang
10-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Ok, fair enough.

I found out that old lady was daughter of a Chinese man and a prostitute, abandoned in an orphanage. then I dig in and open the cracks of her soul. she had a mental breakdown.

dlcox
10-23-2013, 10:00 PM
I found out that old lady was daughter of a Chinese man and a prostitute, abandoned in an orphanage. then I dig in and open the cracks of her soul. she had a mental breakdown.

You are a twisted and deranged little man, but I'm OK with that:D

.....mostly.

Somehow I don't think Soul Cracking is found in Taijiquan, Moshan maybe but not Taijiquan.

bawang
10-23-2013, 10:00 PM
You are a twisted and deranged little man, but I'm OK with that:D

.....mostly.

Somehow I don't think Soul Cracking is found in Taijiquan, Moshan maybe but not Taijiquan.

they harassed my parents for over 2 years.

dlcox
10-23-2013, 10:02 PM
they harassed my parents for over 2 years.

Did Ross and Spiked leave us?

Kellen Bassette
10-24-2013, 05:13 AM

If you would only use your powers for good....:rolleyes:

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 06:15 AM
Did Ross and Spiked leave us?

You can be sure that (1) spiked will claim he is done and then (2) continute to post for another hour or two :D

Spiked
10-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Dave Ross loves this thread because of me and because it is the story of his kung fu life.

He was led around with a chain around his neck following his old teacher. That is just a metaphor. The old man would show him lama forms and some applications and he thought he was learning the secrets of the universe. Dave Ross found in his teacher the one Ring that rules them all. He felt enormous power but did not realize one truth. The ring magnifies the power of the individual and since Dave is a hobbit he has no powers. Not knowing this he went to fight San da and his wittle ring got taken away by a big strong human(changed the story a bit).

Ever since that day he turned in to Golem and has been lookin for his ring and tearing apart kung fu since. My Precsious...Kung fu

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 06:36 AM
That's another dollar for me and Gene :D

I'll bet you plaed D and D, but not AD&D because that was too much for you :p

Kellen Bassette
10-24-2013, 06:41 AM

Who is funding this promotion???

Spiked
10-24-2013, 06:48 AM

I'll bet you plaed D and D, but not AD&D because that was too much for you :p

That is your way of calling Gene to shutdown this thread that is making you cry?

Dave Ross has to resort to using the bat signal to call for back up.

Gene, Dave is losing the Internets. Please help him. He lost his Ring.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I guess he got fired from his job cleaning the grease traps :D

I guarantee you that Gene is reading all this and just laughing his nacho cheese covered balls off....

You started this thinking you had a brilliant idea, and you've failed....

But that is the story of your life isnt' it ;)

Spiked
10-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Dave,

This could have all been avoided. You said in the other thread you could point to where in your style those throws exist. I asked you to provide video proof of you actually training those takedowns or any throws at all back in the day with your teacher. Instead of declining or admitting you did not you turned into yourself.

The problem with someone like you is that you left kung fu but you still talk about "hard training" from the good old days. And yet there are only videos of you doing long lama forms slowly. For some reason you keep talking about how good the training was with the old man but have no proof for it except forms videos and still photos of "other stuff".

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Dave,

This could have all been avoided.

I agree 100%

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/626044/thumbs/r-CONDOMS-PROM-large570.jpg

If only your patents had had just one more that night....

Spiked
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
If only your parents had a Chinese baby instead of you. Then you could finally let the old man and his kung fu go.

You are lacking an identity. I understand now. Being linked to an old Chinese guy with an altar and a lineage makes you special.

I thought you had classes to teach. :). Let the real coaches do the real training. This forum needs you anyway.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Like all trolls, eventually he runs out of steam and material :D

LIke I said, by now you have to be used to failure.....

Small minds can never wrap their heads around nuance or anything the least bit complex, so you will never grasp anything said here...

Spiked
10-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Like all trolls, eventually he runs out of steam and material .

You ran out of Kung fu the day you fought san da.

Spiked
10-24-2013, 07:30 AM
I like how you keep talking about me in the third person like you are speaking to an audience. That is your way of begging for outside help. You have been exposed as the pork bun eating form warrior you really are.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Well, the best part of you ran down your mommy's leg :D

And as I already said, your simple mind can't grasp NUANCE....

Totally on topic of the original topic of this thread, kung fu became a cartoonish shadow of its former self when self appointed defenders of truth who didn't really know kung fu tried to bully anyone with an opinion out of the way

When anyone dares point out the many things standing in the way of kung fu's evolution they are called haters and accused of disrespect.

People who have never learned "secrets" because there are no "secrets" accuse anyone with an opinion of never having seen the "real secret stuff" WHICH DOESN"T EVEN EXIST

MMA didn't kill TCMA, YOU DID

Spiked
10-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Well, the best part of you ran down your mommy's leg :D

And as I already said, your simple mind can't grasp NUANCE....

Totally on topic of the original topic of this thread, kung fu became a cartoonish shadow of its former self when self appointed defenders of truth who didn't really know kung fu tried to bully anyone with an opinion out of the way

When anyone dares point out the many things standing in the way of kung fu's evolution they are called haters and accused of disrespect.

People who have never learned "secrets" because there are no "secrets" accuse anyone with an opinion of never having seen the "real secret stuff" WHICH DOESN"T EVEN EXIST

Is this the Kung fu evolution you wasted so much time training?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAZloVS024

That is not an evolution.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 07:44 AM
It extremely funny that you don't even have basic reading comprehension

But it is abundantly clear that your simple mind can't grasp anything....

Aren't you late for work? :D

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:21 AM
It extremely funny that you don't even have basic reading comprehension

But it is abundantly clear that your simple mind can't grasp anything....

Aren't you late for work? :D

I think you have been misunderstanding me or maybe I have not been clear. I do not disagree with your post. I would never defend tcma. The reason I am here is to defend people against your internet bullying. You are the epitome of an idiot. You constantly degrade tcma but always link yourself back to that old fat guy when it is convenient.

I just want to point out how full of crap you are when you said you trained all that stuff with your sifu. He was an old man and you have NO videos proving your did the "hard stuff" so just stop talking about it. Then you make fun of Richard Tolson for posing in a traditional bow in front of 3 students and accuse him of teaching crap but your only proof is a still photo. Your ONLY defense is, "My students are walking the walk" and then allude that you did so as well. The truth is your teacher was an old man and you ate up every form(and all the food he cooked you) he taught you. Reality hit you that day when you were knocked out and people have been suffering your anger since. You suck and your teacher was too old to teach you "real kung fu."

That is really it. Other than that continue bashing tcma.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:24 AM
looks like you've gained tons of fans :D

who the **** is spiked? seems like he's just hit puberty or something :o

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:26 AM
looks like you've gained tons of fans :D

I do not need the support of others like you do. You poosey as bawang would say.

You have an audience here which makes you feel good on the inside. Meow meow, little kitty. Stop trying to scratch the furniture

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:28 AM
We understand, you are used to not having any friends :D

I still think it's funny

who the **** is spiked? seems like he's just hit puberty or something :o

You DO come off as a petulant child who wants people to notice you....

We noticed you, we noticed you have some serious issues ;)

MightyB
10-24-2013, 08:30 AM
http://onthecheapanamericandream.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/ilovelamp.gif

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM
We understand, you are used to not having any friends :D

I still think it's funny

You DO come off as a petulant child who wants people to notice you....

We noticed you, we noticed you have some serious issues ;)

We? WE? WE?

Stop calling for help from your friends. Fight your own battles please.

I wish Ray Pina had went to New York and fought you back then. You see no one can do that because you are surrounded by people who would help you. The day you got knocked out the only thing surrounding you was the qi you had built up from your years with the old man. You must have not built up enough qi around your head to defend his attack...

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:33 AM
ATTN: we have a nervous breakdown in ailse one :D

BTW you just outed yourself as an old troll :D

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:35 AM
ATTN: we have a nervous breakdown in ailse one :D

BTW you just outed yourself as an old troll :D

When you and Gus were going to fight back in the day you had to call lamapaisifu to help you on the forum. The way you avoid getting your arse kicked is by slandering people with the help of others.

Every time a fight comes up you either get knocked out or you use internet intimidation. LOL. The old man is rolling in his grave.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Yup , nervous breakdown

You probably don't want to use Gus' name, he's trying to clean up his net reputation since when you google his name the first things that come up are a bullshido investigation on his 10 black belt claims and the time he backed out of the fight the same night and had a lawyer call threatening a restraining order (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=811052&postcount=11)

That aside ;) I must say the entire forum must be rolling on the floor laughing out loud at this melt down

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Yup , nervous breakdown

You probably don't want to use Gus' name, he's trying to clean up his net reputation since when you google his name the first things that come up are a bullshido investigation on his 10 black belt claims and the time he backed out of the fight the same night and had a lawyer call threatening a restraining order (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=811052&postcount=11)

That aside ;) I must say the entire forum must be rolling on the floor laughing out loud at this melt down

I remember you trying to slander him on Bulshido and nobody believed you atleast from what i remember. That is all you do, man. You get this anger in you and you have to try to hurt other people. Why don't you go to one of your coaches kickboxing classes so you can lose a few pounds?

Do I care about Gus's reputation? Not in the least bit. But stop trying to divert attention from yourself.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Do I care about Gus's reputation? Not in the least bit.

that's pretty obvious, bringing up his lowest moment :D

you don't care about his, or yours or the fact that the entire forum by now probably wants you to run and play in the traffic

now, say you are done with this thread and continue to post for another three hours :D

GeneChing
10-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Stop calling for help from your friends. lkfmdc doesn't have any friends. :p

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:51 AM
lkfmdc doesn't have any friends. :p

I know he does not. Gene, I know this seems bad and if you need to ban me then so be it. I only came on here to keep that foo from bullying people like MooyingMantis.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:51 AM
You know, when I log out of this trolling account and log back in as Gene Ching, I am about to ban someone, and it looks like it is going to be YOU spiked :D

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:52 AM
if you need to ban me then so be it.

paging Gene Ching, the granter or wishes, paging Mr Ching :D

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:53 AM
paging Gene Ching, the granter or wishes, paging Mr Ching :D

You need to be banned more than I do. LOL. Fair is fair. Put down those donuts.

GeneChing
10-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Gene, I know this seems bad and if you need to ban me then so be it. Somehow I feel I would be enabling your ban fetish if I banned you for this. Yea, I know, that's just how dysfunctional our relationship is. ;)

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Somehow I feel I would be enabling your ban fetish if I banned you for this. Yea, I know, that's just how dysfunctional our relationship is. ;)

I do not have a ban fetish. Lol. You are funny.

lkfmdc
I know you are, but what am I? neener neener neener

You can't make this stuff up ;)

MightyB
You guys still haven't figured out who has the biggest p3nis?

Here, I'll help:

http://media.showmeapp.com/files/167219/pictures/thumbs/421437/last_thumb1350994640.jpg

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Somehow I feel I would be enabling your ban fetish if I banned you for this. Yea, I know, that's just how dysfunctional our relationship is. ;)

all those years dealing with mential patients prepared you for this forum.....

Spiked
10-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Here, I'll help:

http://media.showmeapp.com/files/167219/pictures/thumbs/421437/last_thumb1350994640.jpg

It was going great until Gene took the fire out from under the arguments.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm inclined to agree with lkfmdc for the most part here

.................................................. ...................

Spiked
10-24-2013, 09:05 AM
.................................................. ...................

I just want to point out that your biggest fan, bawang, said you were not a remarkable martial artist Do you agree or disagree with his assessment?

Kellen Bassette
10-24-2013, 09:16 AM

http://www.comedycentral.co.nz/gsp/south-park-1504-3-500x314.jpg

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
when your appeal to authority is bawang? :eek:

wiz cool c
10-24-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1JoJcRvJg

Kellen Bassette
10-24-2013, 09:23 AM
when your appeal to authority is bawang? :eek:

I immediately reassess any view point I have that does not line up with Bawang's world view. I am currently considering undergoing a negroplasty.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 09:30 AM

oh please :D

Spiked
10-24-2013, 09:33 AM
oh please :D

Dave, that guy is way too muscular to be you. Even if you tried a serious photoshop nobody would believe you.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
http://lpaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/crying-baby-300x300.jpg

at this point, pretty much what every one of his posts sound like

Spiked
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
at this point, pretty much what every one of his posts sound like

I hope you have learned your lesson. Now we can go back to ignoring each other.

lkfmdc
10-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I hope you have learned your lesson.

yes, we have all learned that you are a troll with emotional problems :D

gotta love how he tries to turn this into victory :rolleyes:

Kellen Bassette
10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
I hope you have learned your lesson. Now we can go back to ignoring each other.

Ignoring each other? You created the screen name just to troll him! Your only contribution to the forum was creating a troll thread that inadvertently, briefly spun out of control into a productive conversation!

I realize you got beef with Ross but don't be so one dimensional. Take a tip from LaRoux. He can come over and join in on the Ross hating, but he doesn't let that get in the way of his other interests...ie. telling the WC peeps how much they suck...

Don't let it consume you bro! :)

Spiked
10-24-2013, 09:51 AM
yes, we have all learned that you are a troll with emotional problems :D

gotta love how he tries to turn this into victory :rolleyes:

I do not need to turn this into anything because I won.

I won because of the ridiculous form fairy videos of you and your teacher. Here is Chan tai san doing "real kung fu".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOu74elEDQE

They had the technology to capture the "real stuff" but they only chose to capture this crap? I definitely won.

GeneChing
10-24-2013, 10:06 AM
all those years dealing with mential patients prepared you for this forum..... The only difference is with intense psychedelic reactions, sometimes I get to physically restrain some one. Can't do that here. Oh, and they usually sober up eventually. That almost never happens here. :(