PDA

View Full Version : Another crappy IKF article

IronFist
11-17-2001, 01:41 AM
I was just at Borders, one of my favorite stores, and I was flipping through an issue of IKF. On the cover, it said "Increase Your Kicking Power Overnight." "Wow!" I thought, I can Increase my kicking power over night. But then I laughed and thought "wait, I bet this article sucks." So I decided to read it...

Well, "skim" it is a more accurate word, but I didn't see any mention in the article of "overnight" increases (someone correct me if I'm wrong here, like I said, I didn't read every word).

Are you wondering what magical exercises will increase your kicking power overnight? I sure was.

There were a lot of girly (no offense) exercises where you attach your ankle to one of those straps on a cable machine. Hey, these will turn you into Superfoot Wallace!

Then it talked about squats. Hell yeah, I thought, the "king of all exercises." But what's this? The guy doing squats was going down maybe half way. It looked like he was doing a high horse stance with a barbell on his shoulders.

(Side note: we call these "Frat boy squats" because all the frat boys at my university that think they are tough shìt do them this way. That way, they can put 405 lbs on the squat bar, go down 2 inches, and the feel like a stud in front of the sorority hos . Ok, back on subject)

So yeah, partial rep squats will just make your kicks fly out like lightning!

Also they had leg extensions, something else I forgot, and jumping squats (no weight). I must say, jumping squats (imagine jumping Hindu squats) are actually a pretty bad ass exercise.

Also the artile pointed out (paraphrase) "bodybuilders train to look good in posing trunks on stage, not to throw a spinning crescent kick" or something like that. That's pretty true, but it was probably somehow ripping on bodybuilders so boo that. I read that quote in one of those excerpts that you find on top of the page in big letters, so I don't know the actual context of it.

But I kept looking for how to increase my kicking OVERNIGHT. Sorry, couldn't find it. Oh wait, I forgot! If I do girly cable exercises, partial squats and leg extensions I'll be an awesome kicker in 24 hours! My bad.

Iron

SevenStar
11-17-2001, 01:48 AM
Man, didn't you know??? All you need is one of those cables, a thighmaster and 15 mins a day. I thought that was common knowledge.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Shaolindynasty
11-17-2001, 01:52 AM
Has there ever been a good article in IKF? Even when Gene used to have articles in there..... somehow just being in that magazine made them suck. IKF lacks integrety, maybe it's all the ads or the fact that Inside Kungfu barely has any Kungfu.

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)