PDA

View Full Version : form interpretation

bawang
10-31-2013, 08:49 PM
hu lan shaolin taizu wombat yi lu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKxsyYlHyg

0:00 tiger catching stance, chicken step, single whip

0:06 child worships Buddha, chain tan tui, bawang raise cauldron

0:18 zai quan, chenxiang pushes mountain, twin wind fills ears, jingang holds guitar

0:22 cover palm, chenxiang pushes mountain, sky cannon, close iron door

0:28 iron bull plows field, hopping centipede, scorpion raises tail, fish takes flip

0:50 sleeping luohan, single whip, child worships Buddha, chain tan tui

0:59 jade maiden pierces shuttle, flower, tan tui, luohan worships buddha

Spiked
10-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Faux newbie is going to love this video since he did not like watching hot scantily clad women wrestle.

In this form I see hip throw, uppercut, back kick to balls, putter reap, sweeping, bjj

bawang
10-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Faux newbie is going to love this video since he did not like watching hot scantily clad women wrestle.

In this form I see hip throw, uppercut, back kick to balls, putter reap, sweeping, bjj

In this form I seepince hot seepince is form I sweeping to since watchip to love dideo bjj Faux newbie is form I since hot like he wreap, balls, puttercut, uppercutter reap, puttercuttercutter reap, seeping he hing hot like watchis form I sing to sweeping, upper reap, sing hot scantily clad watchis vid wreap, back this going to love did newbie women to like hot love he throw, uppercutter restle.

In women to balls, upper reap, upper restle.

In thip this going hing he his form I see thip this goin

PalmStriker
10-31-2013, 08:57 PM
LOL ! Those are modern gayfu fighting forms, not TCMA.

bawang
10-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Those are modern gayfu fighting forms, not TCMA.

with reform through proper training and sparring, these combat techniques can be rescued.

we can see agile high kicks, long range handwork, and jixing bu, chicken shape footwork.

Spiked
10-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Bawang, you said that I was going to be your prey. Lol. You are only good at making unsuspecting newbs mad.

Post more tcma grappling pictures. We need proof.

bawang
10-31-2013, 09:06 PM
Bawang, you said that I was going to be your prey. Lol. You are only good at making unsuspecting newbs mad.

Post more tcma grappling pictures. We need proof.

I was more newbs good prood are only grappling unsuspecting that more only grappling, you at ma goof Bawang newbs going, youre that mores. Youre only going that making unsuspecture only going prood to be you at I was goof Bawas more you at ma good to be your prood are only going unsuspecting need at ma going picting, you arey. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. You arey. Lol. Lol. You said at I was going to be need pres. You said prood prood proof Bawas making to be to be need that making, you ares. Yo

bawang
11-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Lay off the pipe brother:)

at Halloween I was possessed by the ghost of an angry chocolate man. now I suffer from dyslexia.

Syn7
11-01-2013, 08:14 AM
at Halloween I was possessed by the ghost of an angry chocolate man. now I suffer from dyslexia.

But certainly had nothing to do with excessive drinking.

David Jamieson
11-01-2013, 08:20 AM
In this video, I see 3 guys from 30 years ago doing what many here cannot do.

P.S Using "gay" as a derogatory term is lame. Just saying. Come, come out of the dark ages and start accepting the world isn't about you and your tiny set of beliefs and convictions. :p

bawang
11-01-2013, 08:24 AM
In this video, I see 3 guys from 30 years ago doing what many here cannot do.

P.S Using "gay" as a derogatory term is lame. Just saying. Come, come out of the dark ages and start accepting the world isn't about you and your tiny set of beliefs and convictions. :p

you missed the point. its about the foolishness of finding "interpretations" in kung fu.

Syn7
11-01-2013, 08:25 AM
If you can't do that, you're training is weak. Straight up.

bawang
11-01-2013, 08:27 AM
we need some northern shaolin guys to come and confirm my list of techniques. u guys think im joking.

If you can't do that, you're training is weak. Straight up.

tbh average Canadian Chinatown kung fu looks pretty much like this.

Syn7
11-01-2013, 08:34 AM
we need some northern shaolin guys to come and confirm my list of techniques. u guys think im joking.

tbh average Canadian Chinatown kung fu looks pretty much like this.

Pretty close, except the video shows better fitness. Most of the people I have trained with who are good at forms would get absolutely destroyed in a real aggressive situation. Not to mention the fact that their endurance is usually seriously lacking. It's one thing to break a sweat doing forms, it's another level when somebody is actually trying to dump you on your head.

bawang
11-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Pretty close, except the video shows better fitness.

they got very strong and agile legs. in Canadian Chinatown kung fu, everybody got floppy rabbit feet. you know what im talking about? where they flop their feet around and their legs wobble like rubber.

Syn7
11-01-2013, 08:39 AM
they got very strong and agile legs. in Canadian Chinatown kung fu, everybody got floppy rabbit feet. you know what im talking about? where they flop their feet around and their legs wobble like rubber.

I do know what you're talking about. There are exceptions, of course. But that seems to be the rule.

pazman
11-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Interpreting forms reminds me of people who did seminars back in the 1990s attempting to "reveal" the secret bunkai from their karate kata. None of this stuff is really secret. There are many, many books which explain these things, and friendly masters that teach publicly who will gladly show you if you aren't one of those oriental fetish people.

Spiked
11-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Interpreting forms reminds me of people who did seminars back in the 1990s attempting to "reveal" the secret bunkai from their karate kata. None of this stuff is really secret. There are many, many books which explain these things, and friendly masters that teach publicly who will gladly show you if you aren't one of those oriental fetish people.

Anyone remember when William Cheung taught the secret biu gee form back in the day? What a joke. I do not doubt he won his fair share of street fights in Hong Kong but not with the help of that form.

wenshu
11-01-2013, 10:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IYrEimG.gif

Faux Newbie
11-01-2013, 10:13 AM
you missed the point. its about the foolishness of finding "interpretations" in kung fu.

Amen. It's one thing for something to evolve into something else, another entirely to presume that it was the original intent. There is usually one, MAYBE two things a particular move applies WELL to, and where there's two, it's because the body mechanics of the two activities are very similar.

pazman
11-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Anyone remember when William Cheung taught the secret biu gee form back in the day? What a joke. I do not doubt he won his fair share of street fights in Hong Kong but not with the help of that form.

Is this a wing chun thing? Then no, I do not.