PDA

View Full Version : kicks to the balls

Pete
11-01-2013, 09:17 AM
so while training how many times have you been kicked in the nuts? and have you still been able to have kids after? :eek:

Spiked
11-01-2013, 09:23 AM
so while training how many times have you been kicked in the nuts? and have you still been able to have kids after? :eek:

MMA people like to claim that they will not feel a hit to the nuts in the streets because of adrenaline but they wear cups during matches and sparring for safety. You cannot base your opinion of getting hit there when you are not taking shots there.

I was sparring with a guy and I kicked him in the nuts by accident. He had a cup on and I am not sure if I hit under the cup somehow or just hit the cup hard. He went down so quickly I was in shock. A good ball shot will take anyone down, imo.

Scott R. Brown
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM

Yes, MANY times.....I would say over 10 but not quite 20! I have 4 children ages 22, 17, 5 and 3 months.

It all depends upon how hard you are kicked. If you actually rupture a nut you are in trouble and should go to the hospital. It is possible to die from that.

I have been kick in the balls so much unless someone gets me particularly good, I can keep going now.

I have also been kicked in the eye so hard I thought I lost my eye, I couldn't feel it. Kicked in the mouth so hard I thought I lost my front teeth, I couldn't feel them. And I have had at least 4 concussions, but only one knocked me out!

Your body can take a lot of punishment.

Pete
11-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Yes, MANY times.....I would say over 10 but not quite 20! I have 4 children ages 22, 17, 5 and 3 months.

I have been kick in the balls so much unless someone gets me particularly good, I can keep going now.

that makes me feel better :D

my shifu has this habbit deeply ingrained into him of kicking there first... we were just play fighting a little in the park tonight when i tried a kick and bam! he dropped me with a really "light" tap to the balls :rolleyes: lol

thats about the 5th time in a few months, he always promises not to aswel!

Scott R. Brown
11-01-2013, 09:34 AM
that makes me feel better :D

my shifu has this habbit deeply ingrained into him of kicking there first... we were just play fighting a little in the park tonight i tried a sidekick and bam! he dropped me with a really light tap to the balls :rolleyes: lol

A light tap is all it takes. Practice recovering as quickly as you can. A lot of the immediate drop to the ground is due to surprise. You will always react, cuz it hurts of course, but try not to drop at all and cover yourself, not your balls, while you are trying to recover, or even try to strike. It might not work, but eventually you will improve you reaction and recovery time.

Syn7
11-01-2013, 09:37 AM
It depends on a few things. Any strike can down anyone if it is hard enough and/or accurate enough. That being said, I've seen many people try to kick others in the nuts and just get beaten for it. If you go there, just understand that it may earn you a more aggressive ass kicking should it not be successful.

Even if it is on point, some people can fight through intense situations, others can not. I mean, some people get hit by cars and walk away only to collapse later and find out that there was some serious damage.

As martial artists I'm sure we can all relate to the broken hand thing. When fighting in a sport venue, the necessity to win isn't as strong as it is when you think you may get seriously injured or worse in a real fight. Being in a sport venue does give you a sense of security that is not always present in a real combat situation. Some people can do amazing things when they believe it means life or death. Others are just weak and give up. There is no one rule when it comes to these kinds of things. Skills, conditioning, heart, intelligence... they all factor in.

Scott R. Brown
11-01-2013, 09:43 AM
....when it comes to these kinds of things. Skills, conditioning, heart, intelligence... they all factor in.

And being Canada-arian!:cool:

Syn7
11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
In mma matches you see guys get hit hard in the nuts and the ref doesn't see it and they fight through it. You see guys get hit and back right off hold up their hands and hope the ref steps in. You see guys get hit, keep fighting and then when the ref steps in they drop. That speaks volumes. Not hard to interpret what is going on there. Reaction is dictated by circumstance more than the strike itself. You can fight through it most of the time, even if serious damage is done.

Syn7
11-01-2013, 09:49 AM
And being Canada-arian!:cool:

Either that or we'll ask you nicely to please stop it. :rolleyes:

bawang
11-01-2013, 10:10 AM
In mma matches you see guys get hit hard in the nuts and the ref doesn't see it and they fight through it. You see guys get hit and back right off hold up their hands and hope the ref steps in. You see guys get hit, keep fighting and then when the ref steps in they drop. That speaks volumes. Not hard to interpret what is going on there. Reaction is dictated by circumstance more than the strike itself. You can fight through it most of the time, even if serious damage is done.

how much getting kicked in the nuts hurts depends on how strong you are mentally.

Syn7
11-01-2013, 10:28 AM
how much getting kicked in the nuts hurts depends on how strong you are mentally.

That carries over to a lot of injuries, but still, there are other factors. Having experienced something like that first hand and having fought through it, even once, is a pretty big advantage over somebody who has not as far as taking a shot like that goes. Those who are most prepared mentally are the ones who have faced such adversity and proven to themselves that they can push through it. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Knowhatimsayin!

Faux Newbie
11-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Been kicked there, but I'm pretty sure that a ruptured testicle might affect me differently.

sanjuro_ronin
11-01-2013, 11:06 AM
There is being kicked in the balls and then there is BEING KICKED IN THE BALLS !!

I've been kicked in the balls in the middle of fights and it wasn't enough to stop me and other times a tap is enough to knock me on my ass.

Now, a good kick that gets it done regardless of anything is the kind the injures pubic bone, now THAT is a kick !

Faux Newbie
11-01-2013, 11:07 AM
There is being kicked in the balls and then there is BEING KICKED IN THE BALLS !!

I've been kicked in the balls in the middle of fights and it wasn't enough to stop me and other times a tap is enough to knock me on my ass.

Now, a good kick that gets it done regardless of anything is the kind the injures pubic bone, now THAT is a kick !

It's sort of scary when you say it.:p:D

TaichiMantis
11-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't have nuts but birthed three kids...beat that pain! ;)

Jimbo
11-01-2013, 11:31 AM

This is the truth.

A lot really depends on the situation and the strike itself. No two situations are exactly alike.

I've been kicked/kneed in the nuts now and then over the years, on purpose and by accident, with various results. Most often, I've fought through it. Oddly enough, the absolute worst ball shot I ever took was while playing tennis; I was running to my right to hit the ball underhanded when I completely miscalculated its position and missed it. Instead, it shot right into my nuts. That one put my @ss on the ground, and I couldn't get up for what seemed like a long time. Obviously, at that time, my fighting adrenalin was not active, as I was neither fighting nor sparring. But it hit so perfectly that I probably would've gone down anyway, though.

Kellen Bassette
11-01-2013, 02:45 PM
But, seriously, a lot of times...way too many...I wear a cup whenever I train with a partner these days...

jimbob
11-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Holy Christ at this. Sign me up for the mental midget's class.

I've been hit in the nuts on occasion - 2 times with full on power shots. Once a kyokushinkai teacher missed my inner thigh with a leg kick and caught me in the nads instead. That was it for me that day. I was in too much shock to even puke.

Each time it hurt a lot. A lot. Maybe I've just got big sensitive stones, i don't know. I don't think I ever want to get hit there so often I stop noticing the pain.

Kellen Bassette
11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
That was it for me that day. I was in too much shock to even puke.

Adrenaline plays a big roll, but there are times when the body just crashes...

Worst pain I ever experienced, I was about 18, and sparring with a much larger man. He punched me, knocking me down and dropped all his weight on one knee, punching me in the chest while I was on the ground. The knee came down on the frank, not the beans....I was still consciousness, but I couldn't see or hear, it took about 15 minutes before my hearing and vision were back to normal...

Pete
11-01-2013, 11:15 PM
I don't have nuts but birthed three kids...beat that pain! ;)

i just woke up...took me a few minutes to work that out, almost like an early morning riddle :p i'm sure a kick to the shins is more painful! just doesn't last as long lol

I wear a cup whenever I train with a partner these days...

i was considering just wearing a cup at all times from now on as i never know when it's going to happen! usually wear one in sparring but hardly get kicked there then

interesting points about different situations and reactions, i'm confident i wouldn't drop like a sack of **** if it was in a life or death situation, at least from a light tap!

Those who are most prepared mentally are the ones who have faced such adversity and proven to themselves that they can push through it. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Knowhatimsayin!

maybe i'll work on creating my first child before incorporating that kind of 'mental' conditioning into training :eek:

GoldenBrain
11-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Ball shots can definitely hurt but as it's been said most of the time you can push through the pain and keep fighting. I've been kicked there a bunch and have a little boy genius so I don't think there's much to worry about after your stones heal.

I'd like to point out one thing that hasn't been mentioned. Most men grow up protecting their balls so even the amateurs who don't know how to fight will block that area pretty well. It's just natural. With that in mind I don't think it should be the first place to target in a fight.

Syn7
11-02-2013, 07:15 AM
maybe i'll work on creating my first child before incorporating that kind of 'mental' conditioning into training :eek:

lol... I didn't mean to insinuate that it was something to be done on purpose. I'm just sayin... It happens. When it does you should try to get through it rather than just drop and give up. Anyone who has sparred has been accidentally kicked in the nuts. If you haven't, how hard could you be sparring? Inside leg kicks miss their target, it happens. If you call a time out every time you get fouled, then how prepared are you for a real confrontation or a sport fight, really? In sports, some fouls get by the ref. What are you gonna do? Give up? You should at least try to push passed it. Knowhatimsayin?

-N-
11-02-2013, 08:14 AM
I'd like to point out one thing that hasn't been mentioned. Most men grow up protecting their balls so even the amateurs who don't know how to fight will block that area pretty well. It's just natural. With that in mind I don't think it should be the first place to target in a fight.

Many years ago, when I did Kenpo, it was mandatory for us to wear cups at all times in class. Groin shots were a common and even preferred target in sparring.

We made contact there in sparring and in partner exercises. Everybody knew when you hit the target because the cup would make a popping sound. Even if you knew you could get kicked, you couldn't always defend from it. One guy passed out from getting kicked so hard that his cup broke.

A few years ago, a Karate school I was working out with went to visit a Kenpo school for friendly sparring. The Karate guys all got dropped with groin shots, even the blackbelts. They grew up protecting their balls, but they still got dropped. The Kenpo guys trained for that target. The Karate guys didn't.

I had an adult student get dropped by a groin kick from a six year old during practice.

Pete
11-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Knowhatimsayin?

yeah i get ya :p

although i was just play fighting with my shifu after class so not really a good test if i would drop 'on the street' or not but next time i hope i'll take it better lol

hmm thinking about nutshots i may have a few vids i can upload from sparring :D

I had an adult student get dropped by a groin kick from a six year old during practice.

lol!

GoldenBrain
11-02-2013, 09:22 AM
One guy passed out from getting kicked so hard that his cup broke.

Ouch!:eek: It takes a lot to break a cup so I imagine that did hurt a bit.

Cups were mandatory in everything I've studied. In my last school it was a valid target as well, but we normally only use a kick to the groin as one of the counters for certain kicks such as roundhouse, side and spin kicks. The preferred kick to use for that counter is what we call a snake kick which is something like a front kick and crescent kick combined with the toe or top of the foot being the striking point. It's a pretty fast kick that sort of comes out of nowhere.

Jimbo
11-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Many years ago, when I did Kenpo, it was mandatory for us to wear cups at all times in class. Groin shots were a common and even preferred target in sparring.

We made contact there in sparring and in partner exercises. Everybody knew when you hit the target because the cup would make a popping sound. Even if you knew you could get kicked, you couldn't always defend from it. One guy passed out from getting kicked so hard that his cup broke.

A few years ago, a Karate school I was working out with went to visit a Kenpo school for friendly sparring. The Karate guys all got dropped with groin shots, even the blackbelts. They grew up protecting their balls, but they still got dropped. The Kenpo guys trained for that target. The Karate guys didn't.

Back when I studied Kenpo, we also used groin attacks. My teacher not only used kicks, but also hand strikes (hard slaps from different angles, back fists, etc.).

Common counters to mid-or-high kicks included 'lift kicks', which were similar to low front or side leg raises coming up from underneath; a back heel snap by simply whipping your heel up with the knee down; if you parried his kick so his back's to you, a 'scoop' kick, which you extended underneath then sharply pulled back and upwards, using the instep and toes to hook his groin. To initiate, most common was the lead-leg round kick. The 'flip' kick could be either initiating or countering...keeping the knee down and flipping the lower leg to hit with the outside edge of your foot.

Often, when stylists from styles like TKD, TSD, Shotokan, etc., came in to spar, they would quickly realize how open they're groins were. Many of those other stylists were used to sparring without any thought to protecting their groins. Yes, cups were always a mandatory thing in our Kenpo school.

GoldenBrain
11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Common counters to mid-or-high kicks included 'lift kicks', which were similar to low front or side leg raises coming up from underneath; a back heel snap by simply whipping your heel up with the knee down.

Heel snap, or as I call it, slap kick works well to counter mid to high kicks. I like to use front kicks or snake kick from the center line in front and slap kick from the 45's to the outside.

Often, when stylists from styles like TKD, TSD, Shotokan, etc., came in to spar, they would quickly realize how open they're groins were.

This was my experience as well. It's kinda funny to watch that realization flash across their face.

Something I noticed TKD guys doing when they would come to our school is bouncing up and down just before they kick. It's a huge telegraph. I'm not sure if it's particular to TKD but I've seen it a lot so I just assume it is.

-N-
11-02-2013, 01:40 PM
The preferred kick to use for that counter is what we call a snake kick which is something like a front kick and crescent kick combined with the toe or top of the foot being the striking point. It's a pretty fast kick that sort of comes out of nowhere.

Brendan Lai called that a side cutting kick.

-N-
11-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Common counters to mid-or-high kicks included 'lift kicks', which were similar to low front or side leg raises coming up from underneath

First tournament I went to, I used that kick to catch a guy coming at me with a tornado kick.

-N-
11-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Something I noticed TKD guys doing when they would come to our school is bouncing up and down just before they kick. It's a huge telegraph.

Another one is tilting up the lead side hip.

GoldenBrain
11-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Another one is tilting up the lead side hip.

Indeed. I know there's good TKD out there and the kicks can be brutal but it's been so watered down in the U.S., kind of like many TCMA schools that the martial value has all but disappeared.

Brendan Lai called that a side cutting kick.

I've always found it fascinating how many names there can be for the same technique. It would be nice if things could be standardized but then which language would it be in and who gets to decide? (Now where's that shrugs my shoulders emoticon?)

bakmei121
11-03-2013, 01:15 AM

Let me ask you, brother...... if I may call you a fellow brother??

How many times have YOU been kicked in the groin??
BTW...it is no shame being kicked in the NUTS....
but, you knew that, right? :)

Hmm..... as for me, about 19~27 times I guess.............live and learn...heheheh... and regards to kids, she ran off........ohhh, my!!:D

wiz cool c
11-03-2013, 01:32 AM
back in my tang soo do days, all the time, didnt even hurt much after a while, i dont have any kids,so maybe.... i have also kicked people in the balls in at least a couple of real fights. works well,but doesn't end the fight. push him,he will change at you wildly you quickly kick him in the nads,then after a few seconds stunned a few seconds later,they will charge again,and thenyou use your fist.

-N-
11-03-2013, 07:27 AM
push him,he will change at you wildly you quickly kick him in the nads,then after a few seconds stunned a few seconds later,they will charge again,and thenyou use your fist.

Praying Mantis uses that as a strategy.

Head shot, groin kick, jump back. When he charges, counter and takedown. Very common sequence seen in forms.

Yum Cha
11-03-2013, 02:01 PM
It happened a lot in my early tae kwon do training, it was hard core and no pads. Sometimes worse than others, rarely full on. Like any pain, conditioning is part of learning how it works.
I learned you have a few seconds until the pain really swells up, and the SOB is usually fat and happy they just scored and are waiting for you to go green faced. You have a window to attack to surprise them, and then a little window while they try to figure out how they just kicked you in the balls and you didn't go down, to gather yourself. Its just instinct to drop to your knees, but unless you've been properly racked, its just pain, not injury.
Worst, by far and without equal was running down a guy setting up a cross in Soccer and catching a full cross field tee off from about 2 metres square in the wedding tackle. When I put my hand down to check, I expected to pull back blood....

TaichiMantis
11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I'm a soccer player too, played a lot of coed. I've seen guys get dropped many times...:eek:

Pete
11-04-2013, 03:06 AM
i'm in the blue shirt...maybe the other night was karma :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2cx6TnhVc&feature=youtu.be

wiz cool c
11-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Praying Mantis uses that as a strategy.

Head shot, groin kick, jump back. When he charges, counter and takedown. Very common sequence seen in forms.

yeah man that **** works great,push him,he charges wildly kick him in the groin,when he returns wildly start striking in the face.

Yum Cha
11-04-2013, 03:12 PM
yeah man that **** works great,push him,he charges wildly kick him in the groin,when he returns wildly start striking in the face.

Why wait until he returns to finish it? Aren't you giving up an opportunity to carry your advantage?

-N-
11-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Why wait until he returns to finish it? Aren't you giving up an opportunity to carry your advantage?

Groin shot takes a second or so to have an effect.

Going in immediately is one option. But he probably can fire off a few shots before the pain hits.

Or you can wait for split second, then go back in.

Or you can let him try to come to you.

But attack while he is mentally or physically compromised.

gunbeatskroty
11-04-2013, 09:10 PM

It all depends upon how hard you are kicked. If you actually rupture a nut you are in trouble and should go to the hospital. It is possible to die from that.

I have also been kicked in the eye so hard I thought I lost my eye, I couldn't feel it. Kicked in the mouth so hard I thought I lost my front teeth, I couldn't feel them. And I have had at least 4 concussions, but only one knocked me out!

the real question is, were any of these ladies that you fought, ok?

and it doesn't take much to knock out your front teeth, and therefore you weren't kick that hard if they didn't get knocked out (especially at your age).

Faux Newbie
11-05-2013, 08:44 AM
and it doesn't take much to knock out your front teeth,

Like the jaw, that is dependent on the person's individual physiology.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2013, 08:51 AM
the real question is, were any of these ladies that you fought, ok?

and it doesn't take much to knock out your front teeth, and therefore you weren't kick that hard if they didn't get knocked out (especially at your age).

You really are a know nothing Pu$$y aren't you?

It takes quite a bit to knock out front teeth. I have been hit in the mouth 4 times so hard my teeth went through the skin of my lip, twice I couldn't feel my front teeth; they were jarred so hard. they were numb And I still have them and they haven't been cracked. You are way to young to know anything about what you are spouting tripe about.

Perhaps you are smoking too much meth.

You are not tough, no one here believes you are tough. All you are doing is repeatedly looking like a wannabe, weak, little insecure troll.

gunbeatskroty
11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
You really are a know nothing Pu$$y aren't you?

It takes quite a bit to knock out front teeth. I have been hit in the mouth 4 times so hard my teeth went through the skin of my lip, twice I couldn't feel my front teeth; they were jarred so hard. they were numb And I still have them and they haven't been cracked. You are way to young to know anything about what you are spouting tripe about.

Perhaps you are smoking too much meth.

You are not tough, no one here believes you are tough. All you are doing is repeatedly looking like a wannabe, weak, little insecure troll.

Haha oldtimer, I'm just asking a question....were those ladies ok afterward?

gunbeatskroty
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Like the jaw, that is dependent on the person's individual physiology.

Yea, but don't forget to account for an old guy having an old jaw.

David Jamieson
11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Yea, but don't forget to account for an old guy having an old jaw.

Ugh... How old are you? Osteo problems in men are for those at advanced age. Your knowledge of physiology is thin at best judging from your statements.

If you don't want to be branded a troll, don't behave like one.
Or keep it up and lose your account here I guess.

your choice.

P.S we are dictators in the mod/admin group here. We have hammers. We will use them on a whim. So go ahead, make fun of us. :)

lol

gunbeatskroty
11-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Ugh... How old are you? Osteo problems in men are for those at advanced age. Your knowledge of physiology is thin at best judging from your statements.

If you don't want to be branded a troll, don't behave like one.
Or keep it up and lose your account here I guess.

your choice.

P.S we are dictators in the mod/admin group here. We have hammers. We will use them on a whim. So go ahead, make fun of us. :)

lol

I just think Scotty is a delusional old man, that's all. Why does he get to say crap against me and I can't reply in kind? I'd have more respect if one of you nearby would meetup and kick my butt in some friendly sparring. Wear all the gear you want.

Scott R. Brown
11-06-2013, 10:48 PM
I just think Scotty is a delusional old man, that's all. Why does he get to say crap against me and I can't reply in kind? I'd have more respect if one of you nearby would meetup and kick my butt in some friendly sparring. Wear all the gear you want.

What you need is a parent to spank your butt. If you act like a child you get treated like a child.

Yum Cha
11-06-2013, 11:53 PM
I'd have more respect if one of you nearby would meetup and kick my butt in some friendly sparring. Wear all the gear you want.

You aren't a Tranny Thai kickboxer by any chance?

Pete
11-07-2013, 05:37 AM
What you need is a parent to spank your butt.

hey keep it on topic, what he needs is a kick to the balls! :o

GoldenBrain
11-07-2013, 09:10 AM
hey keep it on topic, what he needs is a kick to the balls! :o

Bwaaahahahahaha!

Cataphract
02-12-2017, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js_3bIni52I

wiz cool c
02-19-2017, 05:00 PM

I don't know just my style, I'm a defensive fighter. I feel like I never want to underestimate my opponent .

GeneChing
02-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Another facebook video. :)

Sputnik
23 hrs ·
Meet Master #WeiYaobin who's been teaching the art of ‘Iron Crotch Kung Fu’ for 10 years. It's not your ordinary gym, right? http://bit.ly/2lXTQnk

https://www.facebook.com/SputnikNews/videos/10154878204126181/
Play
-0:45
Mute
Additional Visual SettingsEnter Fullscreen
835K Views
1.9K Likes2.6K Comments8.8K Shares