PDA

View Full Version : Muay Thai vs. 4 thugs with weapons

gunbeatskroty
11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
My friend is a bartender at a big DC club and they're known to carry home lots of tips. These 4 punks waited for him with brass knuckles and jumped him after work when he was walking home. He knocked out 2 of them and the others ran away. He was F'ed up pretty bad too.

In court, their attorneys tried to blame my friend for excessive force vs. FOUR robbers, haha. That didn't work for them. He's updating his Facebook with scanned court documents of the proceedings. Looks like they're getting charged with felony robbery.

He's a 3rd degree black belt in TKD, but that never helped him against us in Muay Thai. Probably McDojo since I've seen pics of him with a Black Belt at around 8 years old. His real fight training was when he joined our MMA gym where he trained mostly MT and some BJJ (still White belt), some Boxing and some MMA.

Here's the kicker, he's only like 5' 3" with a short reach. He doesn't even fight in the ring neither. Just training on pads and sparring (light to all out). He's about an advanced student, but not a seasoned fighter. And this wasn't the first time he got jumped by multiple people neither and either whooped them or fared decently. His friend used to own a smaller club where he managed it..... and you know how that goes with having to throw people out, etc.

Striking someone in the face repeatedly always works as REAL self defense, and never stopped working. More importantly, he's used to getting punched in the face for the KO as part of normal Muay Thai training....and not just tap sparring.

Raipizo
11-07-2013, 08:13 PM
That's pretty good for him, this sort of thing happens quite a bit.