PDA

View Full Version : Better this, better that

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 10:54 AM
I am sick and tired of hearing...
oh my style is better, and i am better than you on the kung fu forums..
I am hoping these are the younger students who don't know there @$$ from there elbow, cause if not, all there classes have amounted to nothing.

For those who feel the *REAL* aspects of martial arts.. Its a way of life. and the learning of past cultures, bettering yourself from the skills of the people who came before you.

If your tring to put Martial arts on a scale to see which is best. then your not really interested in martial arts... Your interested in power.. If so, get a gun and that will settle whos best.. unless someone has a better, faster gun than you.. ofcourse your back to square one again. Hahah..

oh and another thing.. its the person not the style. Dedication and heart can bring to bare one who is capable of anything and doubts nothing.

Thank all the instructors who teach wisely, and give there students the tools and knowlege to grow and make themselves better than the day before.

"Oh!! Your tough... but can u kick my @$$."

SanHeChuan
11-17-2001, 11:02 AM
Your quote seems to deify your post :p

i like what you said but i've heard it before.
do you train in the beating the dead horse style? :D (jk)

Good post (golf clap)

===============================

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

Hou fa xian zhi
-start later, but reach first.

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 11:34 AM
the quote is F- in funny, from chris rock. although see it serves its purpose.. in the arena of friendly sparing.

it might seem similar

these bjj guys or jbb or kgb whatever these guys and i don't want to down a whole group. but some run there mouth a little to much.

straight up 1 or 1,000,000 don't speak for the entire marital art nation. which is bigger than all of us, because its history was build in war, and rotted thoughout civilization.. some Deep Shi_t

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 11:35 AM
i train in smash the pumkin.. when u can master the pumkin with ease.. any skull will be putty between your knuckles.

"fight for real, or don't fight at all"

SanHeChuan
11-17-2001, 11:44 AM
Ok something a little more constructive. Keep in mind it is 3:00am here.

I'm trying to get my San shou coach to teach me some traditional martial arts, but he's busy and I respect that. Anyway recently he asked me kinda out of the blue, why I wanted to train traditional martial arts. I fumble a lame answer that barley made sense to me a he still learning English.

Traditional martial arts are like you said, I’ve said, and everyone and their mother have said, "a way of life". They aren’t about competitions or ego. Although the combative aspect should not be forgotten or neglected, because they are an integral part of that "way of life".

As was said on some other post, mixed martial artist seem soul less. They are missing out on so much trying to be the badest mofo on the block. I train in and get snap shot of many styles of martial arts, and I deny the term mixed martial artist.

Traditional martial arts strengthen the spirit, and hopefully make us better, and stronger mentally, emotionally, spiritually, as well as physically. You don't see the UFC promoting that. I like the forms, and the histories, and the friends, and communities, and the esoteric. I am looking for a hell of a lot more that just how to fight. I will never be the badest mofo on the block, and even if I just train in TKD I could probably handle my self in any situation I’d find my self in (provided I came to kfo;) ), and I’ll probably never be in a real fight in my life. I don't put my self in risky situations, and if you find you're self in a fight with someone like tank abbot you deserve to get your ask kicked.

Ok I can think no more, I hope that this make sense and is useful.

===============================

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

Hou fa xian zhi
-start later, but reach first.

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 06:13 PM
so are you saying ufc is a bunch of soulless *******s...

HAhaahahahaha..
oops, i hope i didn't say the wrong thing.

MonkeySlap Too
11-17-2001, 07:32 PM
yeah, the person is important, but a superior training methodology can take a mediocre person and train him to beat a superior practitioner of a mediocre training methodology.

While it is PC to say 'it's the person that counts' - I do not think that is 100% accurate, and it is misleading.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 08:05 PM
that is a very wise statement.

"true true" no argument here

SevenStar
11-17-2001, 08:21 PM
"As was said on some other post, mixed martial artist seem soul less. They are missing out on so much trying to be the badest mofo on the block."

In whose oppinion? If that's not what they are interested in, then they aren't missing out on anything. They can have the same argument by saying "You CMA guys are missing out on so much because many of you do not spar full contact, grapple or compete. Your physical training is nowhere near as intense and you are not certain that you can actually use your skills in the time of need, as all your training is forms and drills."

It's all a matter of oppinion and perspective.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 08:31 PM
don't get cought up inyourself, ur loosing it message in this ongoign telephone game..

there is no need for this style is better
and i can kill you with my martial art skills cause there better than yours..
there is no place for that. The person the syle the desire. fine.. but try and do it without all the hate'in.

if you promoting that (which your not) then something is wrong. That was the original post.

"Oh your tough..but can you kick my @$$!"

SevenStar
11-17-2001, 08:38 PM
R-I-F - Reading is Fundamental

If you notice, I wasn't responding to your post. I was replying directly to something San he Chuan said. That response didn't have anything to do with your thread.

shinakira? what happened to the old akira?

P.S. If you look at my profile, I train in CMA anyway. So unless my northern style is better than whatever you train in, then that's irrelevant anyway :p

" - nightair

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 08:42 PM
well i know when i am beat...

PLZ. accept my appology...

if not Screw you.. j/k.. correction noted.

god bless all

"Oh your tough.. but can you kick my @$$!

SevenStar
11-17-2001, 08:45 PM
no probs. Anyway, what happened to the old akira? and what style of karate did you train in?

" - nightair

Shinakira
11-17-2001, 08:48 PM
shaolin kung fu & shorinryu
I wanted both aspects included in my training

Shorinryu = the path to the shoulin
Shaolin = my final destination.

Wooooh..

"oh your tough.. But can you kick my @$$!"

SevenStar
11-17-2001, 08:52 PM
shin=new
shinakira=new akira

How similar is shorin and the style you are trainin in now, other than the crane influence?

" - nightair

Shinakira
11-18-2001, 06:01 AM
they are very far and few inbetween..
although the terminology path to the shaolin, this is straight up katate to the fullest.

shin= new
shin= true depending on the language.. i am the true and the only.... the real akira.. all other akira's like multiple gods.. will fail you.