PDA

View Full Version : Kev's many "Clip" Threads in One Place

k gledhill
11-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Ex twc master now wsl pb vt , showing pak and outside jut with movement and angling. http://youtu.be/xcb4TskcksY

hunt1
11-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Got it! Pb wing chun is based on back up as far as you can and hope you don't run out of room!

Wayfaring
11-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Movement is alive so exchange is more realistic. uke is throwing punches with the intent of hitting a target a foot in front of the partner though, so that will tend to train the wrong instincts - pre-emptive pak/jut before necessary and a little behind when strike is in realistic range.

Frost
11-14-2013, 08:48 AM
I give it 30 mins before this is deleted BUT for the love of god put some gloves on and actually try to hit someone so range and reactions can be realistic that is breeding some horrible habits into the defender, reaching too far For the pak and moving straight back for example. BOTH will get him koed in a fight

k gledhill
11-14-2013, 11:15 AM
I give it 30 mins before this is deleted BUT for the love of god put some gloves on and actually try to hit someone so range and reactions can be realistic that is breeding some horrible habits into the defender, reaching too far For the pak and moving straight back for example. BOTH will get him koed in a fight

You wouldn't know a good habit unless it broke your jaw ; )

k gledhill
11-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Deja vu just to mess with frosty ;) http://youtu.be/xcb4TskcksY

Frost
11-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Deja vu just to mess with frosty ;) http://youtu.be/xcb4TskcksY

pass the time anyway you want Kevin, anyone with any real training still knows what's wrong with it :) hopefully the mods are getting tired of you spitting your dummy our everytime someone questions the great and mighty chosen one and his students :)

Vajramusti
11-15-2013, 07:19 AM
pass the time anyway you want Kevin, anyone with any real training still knows what's wrong with it :) hopefully the mods are getting tired of you spitting your dummy our everytime someone questions the great and mighty chosen one and his students :)

-----------------------------------------
The clip? neither fish nor fowl.

Sihing73
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Just wondering if that would be an example of "chasing hands"?

Maybe it is just me, but I remember doing some light sparring with a guy who was a Golden Gloves boxer in NYC back around 88-89. I did not have that much of a problem dealing with him, of course at that time I was training fairly heavily and lived in the home of my Sifu. Now perhaps he was not that good of a boxer after all, or maybe he was taking it easy on me or perhaps I just got lucky, but the biggest thing I recall was that I moved into him constantly.

In the clip I do not see the receiver doing anything but attempting to block. There is not counter attack at all that I can see, no angling only stepping backwards. Sorry, but once you start moving backwards you will always have a harder time reversing direction. That does not mean you will never step back, but that should not be all you are doing. Also, if you only play defense you will eventually get hit. No way around that, sooner or later something will get through.

When I did Judo, many years ago ;) , we were always taught that we may need to accept or absorb some hits in order to get in and get a good throw. Same when I was taught to use a knife in the Army, we were taught to sometimes take a cut on the outside of the arm if it would allow us to get a good kill shot.

Just saying...............

k gledhill
11-15-2013, 08:37 AM
:D thanks I forgot how much this place made me laugh.:D:D:D

Wayfaring
11-15-2013, 08:45 AM
I guess kev deleted the last thread on this clip?

It's a blocking drill. Good parts are it's alive and deals with typically thrown punches rather than just WCK punches. Bad parts are that the punches thrown aren't done with much skill including being in the right range. That's more of a discipline / skill issue with the uke, not anything wrong with the drill. Footwork IMO contrary to other opinion is not going straight back but fading on an angle. I think that particular angle is taught by PB. Other approaches I have seen is take one or two steps straight back then angle off with a sidestep sharply. That could draw someone in a little better, but it has exposure too.

More helpful than deleting threads might be a little more explanation of the angle he is fading on and that approach.

hunt1
11-15-2013, 08:46 AM
:D thanks I forgot how much this place made me laugh.:D:D:D

What always makes me laugh is somebody posting a clip of nothing thinking it is something!

Then of course they remove the embarrassing thread!

k gledhill
11-15-2013, 08:55 AM
What always makes me laugh is somebody posting a clip of nothing thinking it is something!

Then of course they remove the embarrassing thread!

What's embarrassing ? It's a clip of a guy throwing random punches and another moving and angling, end . The rest is the usual ( you too ) forum noise. :D

People kick too ;).

Frost
11-15-2013, 08:55 AM

It's a blocking drill. Good parts are it's alive and deals with typically thrown punches rather than just WCK punches. Bad parts are that the punches thrown aren't done with much skill including being in the right range. That's more of a discipline / skill issue with the uke, not anything wrong with the drill. Footwork IMO contrary to other opinion is not going straight back but fading on an angle. I think that particular angle is taught by PB. Other approaches I have seen is take one or two steps straight back then angle off with a sidestep sharply. That could draw someone in a little better, but it has exposure too.

More helpful than deleting threads might be a little more explanation of the angle he is fading on and that approach.

For every fade step he does he does at least one or somethimes two straight moving back steps, and the only time the attacker has to alter his angle is when the defender pivots away before the attack starts, otherwise the movement isn’t enough to throw off the shots opr make the attacker have to change angle, not to mention when he does move slightly off the line or pivot its to the right or the attackers strong hand, add that with the fact he is reaching for the block as he moves back and he is going to get lit up like a Christmas tree against a semi decent puncher

k gledhill
11-15-2013, 08:56 AM

Yes I did to mess with frost ( aka uninformed .anker ) it is angling.

Frost
11-15-2013, 08:58 AM
What's embarrassing ? It's a clip of a guy throwing random punches and another moving and angling, end . The rest is the usual ( you too ) forum noise. :D

People kick too ;).

Random punches?? endless jab and crosses thrown out of range, one hook punch which wouldnt have hit a barn door and a single terrible double jab.......that does not make for random punching it makes for embarrassing training :)

Frost
11-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Yes I did to mess with frost ( aka uninformed .anker ) it is angling.

half the time its straight back, the rest its walking into his powershot

k gledhill
And before you dig yourselves in too deep, it's not showing the angler striking. That is a something to stop the entry ...just a clip of movement .
Frost isn't far off the idea but alas doesn't know the details. It's all in the details.

jimhalliwell
my view for what is worth.

it would be better after the first punch to get in and hit back! all that pak sau stuff which is so bloody negative you will get hit by a guy that's really trying to hit you for sure! but a drill is a drill suppose!

Jim

Frost
11-18-2013, 02:43 AM
doesnt this count as spamming, and trolling
I mean endless threads started with no explanation....isnt that the definition of spamming ?? :) :)

Frost
11-18-2013, 03:00 AM
Nothing to do with going my way ;) I just like messing with the troll king aka frost

Of course its not, that is why you have a track record of defending your position with intelligent, articulate point by point come backs backed up with good clips of yourself and your system in hard contact sparring against various styles……and YOU don’t have a track record of deleting threads where people have questioned what you put up, and even worse dare to question your glorious leaders methods, but …oh wait my bad I got you mistaken with someone else :)

KPM
11-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Why? Makes no sense to me. Why would anyone bother to delete this clip? Doesn't seem to be anything special about it to me....good or bad. :confused:

KPM
11-18-2013, 04:57 AM
There is only so much we show publicly. I do pads with students and many kicking drills, we deliberately DONT show anything else :D. Philipp asks this of all his crews.

Why is that? What's the big secret? From what I understand, WSL himself was very open with what he taught. If what PB is teaching is EXACTLY the same thing as what WLS taught (as has been stated in the past) then why hide anything?

Sihing73
11-18-2013, 05:18 AM
Trying to clean the plethora of "Clip" Threads posted by Kevin.
Here they are in one place. Enjoy

Vajramusti
11-18-2013, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=Sihing73;1257639]Trying to clean the plethora of "Clip" Threads posted by Kevin.
Here they are in one place. Enjoy[/QUOTE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overloading.--
The PB related posts are repetitious imitations - lop lop and push etc-
wow! we now have KG's explanation that he does not want his crews to show more.

Frost
11-18-2013, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=Sihing73;1257639]Trying to clean the plethora of "Clip" Threads posted by Kevin.
Here they are in one place. Enjoy[/QUOTE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overloading.--
The PB related posts are repetitious imitations - lop lop and push etc-
wow! we now have KG's explanation that he does not want his crews to show more.

that's probably because they don't actually do much more..
Well either that or its so super secret and devistating that the whole organisation is scared someone will watch it, steal what they do then hunt them down and use it against them......which of those two explanations is more credible bearing in mind its the 21st century and death match school challanges ended a few generations ago .....:)

Sihing73
11-18-2013, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1257648]It's the 21st century and death match school challanges ended a few generations ago .....:)

That's not fair, I have had several death matches and I've only lost once

Frost
11-18-2013, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=Frost;1257650]

was it to PB by any chance??!:)
Were you pushed repeatidly until you went under a bus?? :)

Phil Redmond
11-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Ex twc master now wsl pb vt , showing pak and outside jut with movement and angling. http://youtu.be/xcb4TskcksY
So Kevin, the gist of your post is that a former Sifu in TWC is now doing PB VT so PB VT is better? btw, I don't think Nenad made Master Rank. I think he was a Provisional Master.

Phil Redmond
11-18-2013, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=Frost;1257650]

That was fairly witty for a soldier.... ;)

Sihing73
11-18-2013, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=Sihing73;1257652]
That was fairly witty for a soldier.... ;)

Well you know I was going to be a Marine but I PASSED the IQ test, lol.

Phil Redmond
11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=Phil Redmond;1257661]

Well you know I was going to be a Marine but I PASSED the IQ test, lol.
There was an I.Q. test??? :o

Sihing73
11-18-2013, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Sihing73;1257662]
There was an I.Q. test??? :o

You were a Marine so I doubt you noticed. :)

I will send you the entry exam for the Marine Corp sometime.
Has questions like: How do you spell Bush? and others like it. LOL

Oh, what does the crew of a Coast Guard Cutter do when it sinks?
They wade ashore.

BPWT
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Some good pushing here. Not sure if this guy is from the PB camp... might be. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91mOoHziYk&feature=player_embedded

sihing
11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCRlAApvw8Q - Nenad pad/bag work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQP3ig3seI - ABMVT mind of a trainer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyS-TLC2kc - Alan Orr old school boxing trailer, :51 is where the pad work starts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcRzK6aDNY0 - my own lil version of pad work vid...

It's there, just look for it, not chi sau or laap sau training..

J

sihing
11-18-2013, 01:58 PM
So Kevin, the gist of your post is that a former Sifu in TWC is now doing PB VT so PB VT is better? btw, I don't think Nenad made Master Rank. I think he was a Provisional Master.

Rather than think of it this way Phil, as the word "best" is very subjective in nature. Maybe Nenad just prefers what he is doing now, as I do. That can change too, as for me I'm not nearly as intense or interested in VT matter as I used to be...

James

KPM
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Trying to clean the plethora of "Clip" Threads posted by Kevin.
Here they are in one place. Enjoy

Uh, this thread is rather "schizophrenic" now and kind of pointlessly hard to follow. Not sure that its an improvement.

Sihing73
11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Uh, this thread is rather "schizophrenic" now and kind of pointlessly hard to follow. Not sure that its an improvement.

Not so sure that it is better. Unfortunately it seems to lose some consistency in merging. Still, I think I would rather have one thread rather than 20 or 50 or 100. Besides, this way Kev cannot delete them since he "technically" did not start this thread.

anerlich
11-18-2013, 05:16 PM

Nearly all threads on this forum are like that.

LFJ
11-18-2013, 07:56 PM
There is only so much we show publicly. I do pads with students and many kicking drills, we deliberately DONT show anything else . Philipp asks this of all his crews.Why is that? What's the big secret? From what I understand, WSL himself was very open with what he taught. If what PB is teaching is EXACTLY the same thing as what WLS taught (as has been stated in the past) then why hide anything?

Good question...

bawang
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
clip 454646

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ0s6LMapnY

k gledhill
11-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Good question...

And no answers from me, you might challenge me to a death match and beat me :rolleyes:

Frost
11-19-2013, 03:12 AM
And no answers from me, you might challenge me to a death match and beat me :rolleyes:

come on kevin be serious...no one would dare challange you after seeing the way you man handle all those pro boxers :) :)

k gledhill
12-05-2013, 07:04 AM
come on kevin be serious...no one would dare challange you after seeing the way you man handle all those pro boxers :) :)

On a serious note, all the coaches ( ex pros, Olympic , etc..) agree vt with kicks is a game changer, hands alone they know they can dodge and slip all day. I know this too ; )
Boxers place weight on the front foot to strike and duck, this allows an oblique kick to the leading leg when used with counter movement. As far as knees and elbows ? The Thai boxing coach tries to stop boxers using ducking for knee attacks.

Btw great new forum , let the games continue : )

Frost
12-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm sure all those coaches agree with you kev...then when you walk away they just raise their eyebrows and go back to sparring :D

k gledhill
12-07-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm sure all those coaches agree with you kev...then when you walk away they just raise their eyebrows and go back to sparring :D

Ah yes they all go back to sparring :rolleyes: