PDA

View Full Version : Ok, here's a germane topic :D

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 12:27 AM
should I delete all of ralek's posts without prejudice as I find them, or should I continue letting them clutter up the scene here.

I know, I know, "but Kung Lek, there's lots of stupid posts here" you may say, to which I answer, well yes there is...GIGO :D

anyway, whadda ya say, seeing as I can't ban the troll, I can certainly stop his activity here.

peace

Kung Lek

IronFist
10-03-2001, 12:28 AM
what does GIGO mean? I haven't heard that one before.

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 12:29 AM
GIGO= Garbage in/Garbage Out

peace

Kung Lek

Chang Style Novice
10-03-2001, 12:31 AM
I want ralek to post updates about how his aggravated assault charges are working out. That should be amusing. Of course, I'll understand if he doesn't, since he's a lying heap of marmoset stool and never clocked that tai chi teacher.

BTW, KL, there's no "i" in "germane."

Wongsifu
10-03-2001, 12:33 AM
torture him, every time he posts just before closing his topic , write something about how good kung fu is and he just cant take it thats why he is still trying to prove bjj to us ....
then close the post so he cant reply :D

I wongsifu shall strike fear into the hearts of trolls and mma guys who **** me off on these forums oh and in real life.

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 12:33 AM
thanks for the spelling correction :D

peace

Kung Lek

Chang Style Novice
10-03-2001, 12:38 AM
Normaley Eye wooden mes wyth yt, butt ewe matteraiders rili shoot sat uh gewd eckzampal.

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 12:41 AM
ar ar ar, ho ho ho, ha ha ha ewev gaut eh poynt :D

Kung Lek

RedDragon
10-03-2001, 12:48 AM
even though ralek is annoying sometimes, i still think his trolls are pretty entertaining, especially the ones that display his ignorance, i say let him stay! :cool:

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall."

prana
10-03-2001, 02:00 AM
Silliness is catchy sometimes :)

Ralek
10-03-2001, 02:22 AM
Kung Lek. I appreciate your concern about what people view here.

But if you choose to delete my stuff....... I have learned a really cool trick that will counter all your attempts to censor me.

Josh "I respect all styles" Fernando

joedoe
10-03-2001, 02:24 AM
ROTFLMAO. :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 03:50 AM
ok ralek...

I'll be sure to keep an eye open for that "left hook" of yours :D

peace

Kung Lek

Kram1
10-03-2001, 05:30 AM
What will all the people who post in his threads (Nearly everyone), do with all their spare time?

MArk

And So It Goes...

Fish of Fury
10-03-2001, 06:15 AM
good idea kung lek,
ban the germanes (with their sausages and their expensive cars...ban them all!)

sorry, did i miss something?

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Stumblefist
10-03-2001, 07:03 AM
Nah, Freedom of right to spew garbage and all that but:
Delete his threads over 30 days expiry time.
Since they don't really contain any information.

"A wish to go to Heaven is the very beginning of falling into Hell."

Mr. Nemo
10-03-2001, 07:36 AM
Who are these people saying let him stay? He's not funny anymore, he doesn't put any effort into his trolls. And the new people on the board who don't know him just get suckered in and get all hot and bothered about his smack talking.

David
10-03-2001, 12:08 PM
How about adding a feature so admins can give users a fool/dunce icon next to their posts. Then you wouldn't have to read anything to know the guy concerned is an idiot.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

SLC
10-03-2001, 02:15 PM
Why not give him the supreme honor of his own "room"... or whatever we call it. Then move all his posts there. Call it "Under the Bridge", where the trolls lurk, or some such. Let him be Troll Lord. Anyone who wants to challenge him can decend there to do it.

It's almost allegorical as in Lucifer being cast into the under world by "God". :D

He's earned it, doncha think. :)

Ben Laden, your operation was good; real good in fact. But you fu*ked up one little thing... you didn't get all of us.

toddbringewatt
10-03-2001, 02:22 PM
I like Ralek now. He's improved. Reward him for it and let him stay.

If he reverts lock his **** up, but let him keep posting new topics. They're always entertaining no matter how absurd. :)

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

shaolinboxer
10-03-2001, 03:31 PM
His posts are some of the most entertaining on this forum, and his perspective, although obviously annoying to some members, is at least honest.

Personally, I find his posts to be hilarious....and it is interesting to see them evolve.

I think hindering him would be a big mistake, especially since some of the mystical kungfu dragonball ninjas on this site need this kind of thing to keep them on their toes.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 03:42 PM
well apparently most of you who have replied want to keep him.

I guess that could be all those poster with multiple identities who lost there home over on the other forums available for submission wrestlers and their ilk.

For the most part, Ralek has been a thorn in the side but I see the tide turning towards kids and wrestling here, which to me is a crying shame, oh well.

So, I'll just pop back to clean out the smut that has become the way of communicating for most of these folks.

peace

Kung Lek

Stranger
10-03-2001, 04:07 PM
How could we be "kept honest" by a poster who is dishonest about his training, trolls under false names, makes up facts without bothering to research martial arts he talks about, and makes disrespectful comments about martial artists that he has no knowledge of?

Meanwhile the kung fu threads, or MA threads in general, slide off the board rarely getting more than a couple of replies when you know there are many people in this forum who are able to reply with more info.

You would think that it would be considered a bonus for all forum members when highly skilled MA fighters, teachers, and trainers post on this board. In stead the board embraces the trolls who offends these people and limits their presence by creating a disrespectful environment.

It isn't about "OT" threads. They exist on every forum. Troll threads that alienate real martial artists are the problem.

We have REAL BJJ and MMA practitioners to voice that side of any debate.

Free press, free speach, blah, blah, blah..
There is nothing wrong with 86-ing a disruptive presence.

Multiple ID's and loopholes for the banned to re-register through are what hurts this forum.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

[This message was edited by Stranger on 10-04-01 at 07:16 AM.]

[This message was edited by Stranger on 10-04-01 at 07:17 AM.]

[This message was edited by Stranger on 10-04-01 at 07:18 AM.]

Mr. Nemo
10-03-2001, 04:20 PM
Stranger is correct.

"his perspective, although obviously annoying to some members, is at least honest."

No, it's not. His perspective is calculated to get a rise out of people. And it works very well.

SifuAbel, a person who in other circumstances might be a knowledgable, valuable asset to this forum, is reduced to posting "complete this sentence" posts about Ralek.

I think the reason people say let him stay is, in part, because they don't want to admit that they were once troll bait too. They make a show at not being offended or affected, or say that they think he's funny, to prove to everyone reading that they're now in on the joke.

Okay, I'll admit it: once Ralek successfully trolled me as well, back when he was Rolls. But now he's clogging up the forum, more with anti-Ralek sh*t than his own posts. Lo and behold, after all these months or whatever, he still has bait. This post itself is a form of bait.

Ban him. This forum will be much much better without him.

[This message was edited by Mr. Nemo on 10-04-01 at 07:28 AM.]

JWTAYLOR
10-03-2001, 04:38 PM
If somebody can find his home address for me I can make sure the entire problem goes away.

And again, fu(k you Rolls.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

shaolinboxer
10-03-2001, 04:40 PM
Bull****terz like Ralek are a dime a dozen in martial arts.

He serves as a reminder of what to expect during your MA travels.

At least here he is easy to identify.

Honest was probably the wrong word to use... consistent? predictable? I dunno.

He doesn't make me uncomfortable at all and I enjoy his posts... they are funny because they are calculated and excessive.

He reminds us not take take ourselves to seriously.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Chang Style Novice
10-03-2001, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure what your problem with kids and wrestling is, Kung Lek. Youngsters, no matter how callow need to start somewhere, and kung fu has many fantastically interesting and effective techniques for joint locks, takedowns, pins, and the rest of the stuff that wrestling is all about.

Your problem with Ralek is self explanatory and requires no elaboration.

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 07:17 PM
gee thanks for correcting my ethical problem.

"kids" have a tendency to be very annoying when empowered, via anonymity and the internet. mind you there are a few adults that have about as much control as a chimp in a cage.

Kung Fu training contains a myriad of techs across a myriad of styles. I started coming here for Kung Fu info, I could care less about uhb, nfc, ddt, wwf and other tv shows.

so, my point is, "kids" that are enamored with all that stuff have places to go to express themselves and make wee wee jokes and type out poo poo over and over again as long as their tiny brains and fingers can handle it.

Posters who have valid points about Kung Fu and the study and practice of it are not into coming to a place where the atmosphere is that which I have just described.

So, I ask the people here what they think. The last time I went into delete mode, we actually enjoyed a return (all be it short lived) of some posters who hadn't started a topic in a long time.

anyway, the results will speak for themselves.

peace

Kung Lek

Scarletmantis
10-03-2001, 08:32 PM
The reason I have something against encouraging you to censor/ban people, topics, posts etc. has nothing at all to do with the relavance of Ralek's flames.

If you recall, the last time we asked you and Renegade Monk to get rid of trolls, you both showed a pronounced lack of restraint. You moved and deleted posts that you didn't like without consulting anyone, and if it hadn't been for Sept. 11th, this Forum might have died altogether.

I don't trust you with the power that you have at your fingertips. In fact, I find your efforts to gain support for another censorship effort, when no one has expressed the need for it, somewhat disturbing. It must be fun telling people what they can and can't say. :(

"Master, here is a stick. Please beat me for my insolence." - KC Elbows

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 08:41 PM
ok, sm, point taken.

peace

Kung Lek

Mr. Nemo
10-03-2001, 09:05 PM
Kung Lek = unreasonably biased against grappling
Ralek = annoying, useless, not even funny
This forum = weighed down by Ralek's useless presence.

Kung Lek
10-03-2001, 09:47 PM
Mr.Nemo.

Not true. i thoroughly enjoy KumNa/Chin Na/ Kum La Sao.

my bias isn't against grappling, it's against those who think that grappling is the be all and end all force in the martial arts. which of course is not true.

I also don't think much of all the twits who taunt masters and practitioners of chinese martial arts with "why don't you come into ufc/nhb matches and fight our way with our rules"

I find them absurd and ridiculous and reflective of many "issues".

Otherwise, I have great respect for grappling arts or grappling techs embedded within other arts that do not have them as a mainstay but rather an aspect.

I think you are correct on your second and third equations though :D

peace

Kung Lek

Mr. Nemo
10-03-2001, 10:26 PM
What are kumna and kum la sao?

I agree that grappling is not the be all and end all of martial arts.

Kung Lek
10-04-2001, 05:08 PM
kum na is a dialectic transliteration of Chin Na.

Kum La Sao is the grabbing/seizing/Locking hands in application and motion. Kind of "free style locking hands" grabs, holds and releases in practice and application.

peace

Kung Lek