PDA

View Full Version : RIP Richard Branden

GeneChing
12-12-2013, 01:17 PM
This was just announced on the Studio Kicks facebook (https://www.facebook.com/StudioKicksPaloAlto) (I also received an email with the same missive).

We are deeply saddened and shocked by the unexpected passing of Rich Branden Wednesday evening. Diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic cancer this past May, we were hopeful that despite the odds - if anyone could beat this it would be Rich.

It was his desire and request to keep it a private matter as he was always considerate and didn't want to burden others with the news, in addition to being fiercely protective of his business and family. He didn't want people to get caught up in the drama of the illness and always wanted the studio to be a positive sanctuary to focus on their health and physical and mental well-being. His attitude is "the studio is strong and my staff is incredible so things should always run great and normal whether I'm here or not."

Despite his decline and severe weight loss, he always had a positive attitude and was determined to continue to do what he loves - teach, motivate and inspire. There would be days where Lavinia would suggest he stay home and rest but unless he was truly physically incapacitated he would tell her "I'll just go in for a little bit to check things out."

Though the past month has been difficult for him we were still optimistic and hopeful as the recent scan was overall positive, and miraculously he was approved to try a new drug that had encouraging off-label use for pancreatic cancer, after the previous two regimes had become ineffective. Though he had been feeling better the past few days a trip to the ER late Tuesday night showed he had developed a serious infection which caused pneumonia and other complications.

It was his desire and plan that the studio will always continue to flourish and grow, and that his staff and students should always represent him to the fullest. We hope everyone will continue to support each other and the studio, and keep his amazing legacy alive for many generations to come.

At this time, we thank you for respecting the wishes and privacy of the family.

For those interested a memorial fund will be established to support the education of the loves of his life - his children, Lulu (6) and Becks (2) in addition to helping to relieve medical expenses and immediate needs and will be posted here in the next few days.

Details of the memorial will also be posted here when confirmed.

Our sincerest appreciation for your continued support, love and well wishes.

MightyB
12-12-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NSQM-upKHA

Lokhopkuen
12-14-2013, 01:08 PM
He was a good man. Rest in peace