PDA

View Full Version : how hard can you punch

Shinakira
11-18-2001, 06:06 AM
this is a general question.
u can consolidate strength, speed, and conditioning. name some of the hardest things you have either punched through.

(ie. i have punched through a pumkin)-
or bricks of any sorts..

Id rather punch things that give alittle, like the human body, solid structures seem too britle.
if you punch through a brick it breaks.. if you punch through wet clay.. u might just break your hand.

S.Teebas
11-18-2001, 06:24 AM
..Pumpkins...dont hit back!

S.Teebas

Sharky
11-18-2001, 06:25 AM
neither do helpless teenage girls

=================================
Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Johnny Hot Shot
11-18-2001, 06:27 AM
Really Fu Cking hard.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Jeff Liboiron
11-18-2001, 06:28 AM
hard enough to hurt someone bad

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

EARTH DRAGON
11-18-2001, 06:34 AM
about 3 years ago I bought one of those break apart boards from century products, my student was holding it and we were taking turns punching and kicking it. After a couple of nice heel palms I started using my fist.....I broke it! not on the seam mind you but next to it, if you ever held one of them you know they are pretty dense and thick, well I called century and they told me to send it in and they would replace it, they sent it back and told me it wasnt a manufactures defect and that I must have hit with something other than my hand so it would not be covered under warranty! So I kept it and hung it in my office at the school as a trophey of power! LOL

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Xebsball
11-18-2001, 06:36 AM
I punch good, but i kick like a girl sometimes.

-------------------------
"I AM EFFECTIVNESS"

Sharky
11-18-2001, 06:36 AM
apart from actual people, i've never hit anything that isn't designed to be hit, i don't think. Maybe a few doors and walls maybe.

=================================
Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Water Dragon
11-18-2001, 04:47 PM
I can pop you off your feet :D

Only about 4-6 inches though :(

neptunesfall
11-18-2001, 06:46 PM
i prefer scratching biting pulling your hair while calling you things like "filthy b*tch" and "cheap wh*re"

shaolinboxer
11-18-2001, 08:36 PM
The strength of a punch is relative to the objects position and tragetory.

Let's say I can smash a brick. Can I smash it when it's is 5 inches from my face? Can I smash it if I drop it before it hits the ground? Can I smash it if it is spinning or rotating or swinging on a string that will break at the slightest touch?

Kristoffer
11-18-2001, 08:40 PM
I've smashed solid rocks (the ones u find in nature, but preferably as flat as possible, about 2-3 cm thick) with knife hand.

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

jimmy23
11-18-2001, 09:07 PM
Ive killed a full grown grizzley bear with a punch to the skull.

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

IronFist
11-18-2001, 09:10 PM

Iron

JWTAYLOR
11-18-2001, 09:34 PM
IronFist, oh yeah, well I can punch Pi.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Chang Style Novice
11-18-2001, 10:18 PM
I can punch at about 120 proof, but I usually add water.

IronFist
11-18-2001, 11:05 PM
JWT said:
IronFist, oh yeah, well I can punch Pi.

****e! I bow to your supremacy.

I can eat Pie.

Iron

JWTAYLOR
11-18-2001, 11:09 PM
I like cheap pie, if ya know what I mean.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Wongsifu
11-18-2001, 11:26 PM
i donno if this counts but my father used to have a friend when he was younger that could break walnuts with his winkie head, they used to go to diff bars and drink up loads and his mate used to perform the trick to get them free drinks.

the dude was hung like a donkey and then some..

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

IronFist
11-18-2001, 11:27 PM
JWT: The pootang kind?

Iron

JWTAYLOR
11-18-2001, 11:48 PM
Wongsifu, I have absolutely nothing to say to that. Nothing at all.

JWT

MonkeySlap Too
11-18-2001, 11:50 PM
I've got a nice Hawaiin Punch.

Fruit Juicy Red, no less...

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

IronFist
11-19-2001, 12:02 AM
I'd like a nice Hawaiian punch!

Iron

Now why the **** would you censor "****?"

[This message was edited by IronFist on 11-19-01 at 02:23 PM.]

jun_erh
11-19-2001, 02:10 AM
I did that the other day! It took me a million tries though. Have you ever seen "Operation Scorpio"? It's a great but sort of obscure Kung Fu flick featuring this awesome guy with this scorpion kung fu. But anyway, this kid goes to this boxing academy taught by a weightlifter where they punch this device that measures how many pounds and thhe goal is a 500 pund punch. But, his kung fu teacher puts an egg in his hand and has one in his. They punch each other's hand and the kids egg breaks and the kung fu teacher's doesn't. ya get it? ;)

Martial Joe
11-19-2001, 04:26 AM
My punch is nothing...you might aswell ask me to tickle you!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Kristoffer
11-19-2001, 10:21 AM
uhh, just for the recod.. i was not making up about the stones. and YES, it hurts :(
(smashing stones that is)

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

Budokan
11-19-2001, 06:46 PM
I have a hammer fist that can shatter skulls like Popeye blasting Bluto in the face and then banging Olive Oyle as a well-earned reward.

Hey, wait a minute. That doesn't sound so good, does it...? :D

K. Mark Hoover

SantaClaus
11-19-2001, 06:54 PM
with my sword hand strike I can chop a man's head right off.

Jaguar Wong
11-19-2001, 07:14 PM
I don't think we're running around measuring our punching power, but I do know that I should be able to punch harder than I actually do, given my weight increase. The problem was that my technique isn't sharp enough, so my power didn't increase proportionally with my weight :)

But I'm working the heavy bag seriously, and also dropping weight, so they should be somewhere in the middle soon. Then I can start worrying about hitting harder for a lighter guy. I swear nothing increases your punching power like a heavy bag. It also makes sure your alignment is spot on, because if not, your wrist will definitely complain about your lack of technique.

Of course power is nothing without speed and precision. The real key to power is precise technique, and staying relaxed for speed and penetration. Once that's all in check, then adding weight/strength only helps from there.

Jaguar Wong
The 6th Deadly Venom!

Jaguar's Wife (To "Judo" Gene Lebell): "Excuse me, my friend (Tigerstyle) wants to know if we can take a picture of you choking him."
Gene LeBell (in a gravely voice): "If he don't mind, I don't mind."
- actual event from DragonFest 1999

jun_erh
11-20-2001, 04:57 AM
I agree about the heavy bag being crucial for power. two other things:
1. At shaolinwolf.com he makes a good point "Power and Flexibility are inextricably linked"
2. Yeah, what good is a fantastic whirlwing superpunch if you can't land it? Or even get your raise your arm because you were so slow you got knocked out and woke up in the corner. :p