PDA

View Full Version : No mercy.

Tigerstyle
11-18-2001, 09:22 PM
I was just curious about this because of some of the responses in the "defending a takedown" threads.

Is there any training or technique(s) that you use when the situation escalates physically, but your "opponent" is your (drunk, angry, panicked, etc.) friend or someone not intentionally looking to do you harm?

Ex: How would you defend a takedown given the above circumstances? Do they get the same "treatment" as a mugger, criminal, etc.?

Thanks for reading this far.

"No Pain - Good."
- neptunesfall

JWTAYLOR
11-18-2001, 09:33 PM
Well, after the sprawl, they might just get a push down or I might flip them over on their back, instead of a guillotine or repeated elbows to the noggin.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Merryprankster
11-18-2001, 09:34 PM
You use a takedown with less amplitude and immobilize them in any one of various different pins until they settle down.

If THEY try to tackle you, there are two options:

As the Martial Artist, you may be more skilled in falling. You may wish to control your descent, if possible, then use the ground skills you have to immobilize (pin) the guy.

Or, sprawl, and use the minimum ammount of force necessary to keep them underneath you as you control and immobilize with a pin.

shaolinboxer
11-18-2001, 09:35 PM
Techniques involving immobilization (let say pinning your friend to the bar until he agrees to chill out or the calvary who can help control him arrives) are very useful, since, although they can be painful, inflict less lasting damage.

The idea is to take the fight out of him without having to take the fight to him.

Shaolin36
11-18-2001, 09:38 PM
In my opinion a person who is faded or "not coherent" but attacks you should be handled a different way. If they can in fact be confirmed that they are not in the right mind(for lack of a better term)I would fight normally with no mercy until I had the upper hand, then I would choke them out or hit a couple of pressure points in order to knock them out.

Whereas if I am being brutally attacked by a mugger or gang exct... Im goin all out till the end.

I dont think people should have to suffer too much for things they cannot control. Who knows why this person is drugged up or drunker than shiat, it may not be their fault totally. Maybe they have a medical condition that causes them to "lose time"- thats where im commin from.

Shaolin36

Sharky
11-18-2001, 10:26 PM
i can't see it happening - if they kick off they kick off.

i can't imagine a situation where i wouldn't want to hurt someone trying to do me harm.

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.