PDA

View Full Version : Another Legend Passes

MightyB
02-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Some of you don't have Facebook and I know you would like to participate in the memorial, so I'll temporarily post this letter from my Sifu.

A letter from my Sifu:

"Dear Friends, students and family,
Sifu has sad news. On February 23rd, at 4:30 pm Grandmaster Chung Ho Yin left the body he has inhabited for almost 90 years to continue his spiritual journey. Sifu thanks the many people who have already sent messages of love and support to him and his family, and those who will continue to send more messages. As you all know, Grandmaster, your Sigung, is a legend in the Praying Mantis world, well respected by all. His caring nature and deep knowlege of not only kung fu, but traditional Chinese medicine as well as philosophy enabled him to help countless people throughout his lifetime on two different continents. Sifu is honored to have called this man "father," and will continue his legacy for as long as nature and spirit allows me to. We will have a ceremony and memorial in approximately 7 weeks at my Kung Fu school in Midland, MI. I will keep you all posted of the exact date and time. Peace to all, and as our Chinese saying goes: "Let the sorrow be broken and yield to the changing circumstances." (jié āi shùn biàn.节哀顺变)
Thank you all,
Sifu"

Information on how to contact the Chung's School can be found here:
http://www.chungsprayingmantis.com/

-N-
02-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Sad news.

RIP.

B.Tunks
02-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Indeed a great loss. My condolences to the family. May he Rest in Peace. Respect!

MightyB
02-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Sifu Chung wants to let people know that the memorial ceremony will be held at Chung's School, 620 Cambridge St., Midland MI 48640, on Saturday, April 12th, 2014, at 11:00 AM.

It will be immediately followed with a banquet. All friends and family are welcome, and, if you met Sigung Chung, there's a good chance he considered you a friend.

There's a map to Chung's School on this web page http://www.chungsprayingmantis.com/contact-us/

Thank you everybody for your well wishes and support.

TaichiMantis
03-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Greetings and condolences from Sifu Ly Hoa Yen and our school. We used to go to the tournaments in Midland.