PDA

View Full Version : The screw and driver of Wck

Hendrik
03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC4ljSf66pI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Many people never know the exist of the driver part. Many default their driver to random or basic human muscle handling.

In DNA research one can read the driver characteristic.

In lineage scanning one can compare driver.

Many import taiji, boxing, Xing yi, spm ......etc try to patch up snt driver part and fail because their import doesn't fit Wck technology platform or they don't have a clear understanding of there exist the driver part and its details in a systematic way.

Wck screw is core in white crane of fujian screw.

Thus, very rare one could develop the SNT fully because the driver part never get develop.

Not to mention, driver is not structure it is not Nim Lik or mind power. Driver is driver, bows, compressor , motor. Time to reveal these to the Wck world.

Wck Jin cannot be work on without knowing the driver exist.

JPinAZ
03-07-2014, 08:07 AM
To sum this video up: your body has to be connected behind the technique in wing chun. It took 8 minutes to say this? This is very basic information ALL wing chun knows. :rolleyes:

Again, more hot gas from Hendrik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khMYrQkA4fo

wtxs
03-07-2014, 11:42 AM
To sum this video up: your body has to be connected behind the technique in wing chun. It took 8 minutes to say this? This is very basic information ALL wing chun knows. :rolleyes:

Again, more hot gas from Hendrik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khMYrQkA4fo

Thanks for the video link JP, now all one needed are couple glasses of "WC Screw Driver" to set the mood ... just saying ... ;):p:D

BPWT..
03-07-2014, 02:00 PM
To sum this video up: your body has to be connected behind the technique in wing chun. It took 8 minutes to say this? This is very basic information ALL wing chun knows. :rolleyes

Agreed! Snake engines, wriggling worms, screw drivers, double helix, bows, batman's utility belt, etc, etc... It isn't "time to reveal this to the WCK world", much of this already exists and is known in YM WC/VT/WT, just not using Hendrik's sometimes odd terminology.

JPinAZ
03-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Agreed! Snake engines, wriggling worms, screw drivers, double helix, bows, batman's utility belt, etc, etc... It isn't "time to reveal this to the WCK world", much of this already exists and is known in YM WC/VT/WT, just not using Hendrik's sometimes odd terminology.

Agreed. It's just repackaging of basic information that should be very common knowledge in any good wing chun. Only he's got a nice shiny new his-story to go with it! :rolleyes:

sihing
03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Agreed. It's just repackaging of basic information that should be very common knowledge in any good wing chun. Only he's got a nice shiny new his-story to go with it! :rolleyes:

It's all a story, unless it's a personal experience. JPinaz, or whomever, pls share on video your experience and explaination of Wing Chun, for you all it is real, for us a story, that is the way it is when one is sharing what they know. Others can accept it or not accept it, what does it matter to the person presenting it? Nothing really, it seems here that it only matters to those that are commenting..

At the least, Hendrik's is sharing, that is the most important thing, and what the forum is about fundamentally isn't it? Whether what he shares is true or not true to anyone else besides Hendrik's is besides the point, as is what his motivations are, know one here really knows what the motivation is, except Hendrik, why speculate? Either enjoy the sharing or don't, commenting on it does it make any difference?

J

JPinAZ
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
It's all a story, unless it's a personal experience. JPinaz, or whomever, pls share on video your experience and explaination of Wing Chun, for you all it is real, for us a story, that is the way it is when one is sharing what they know. Others can accept it or not accept it, what does it matter to the person presenting it? Nothing really, it seems here that it only matters to those that are commenting..

At the least, Hendrik's is sharing, that is the most important thing, and what the forum is about fundamentally isn't it? Whether what he shares is true or not true to anyone else besides Hendrik's is besides the point, as is what his motivations are, know one here really knows what the motivation is, except Hendrik, why speculate? Either enjoy the sharing or don't, commenting on it does it make any difference?

J

I hear ya and my lienage's history has been shared here many times in the past as well. Some accept it some don't - no big deal. But this isn't about me.

Yes, Hendrik isn't just sharing his 'story' (and I have no issue with him sharing) - the rub is when he (or anyone else) starts saying it is the 'truth' for ALL wing chun. An example would be their insisting that WC=fusion of snake+crane. Is that true for the lineages you've studied? It isn't for mine. And some say he isn't even qualified to speak for his one lineage, let alone everyone else's.
And, it's not just a history thing. Simply looking at the body mechanics and engines of these arts and comparing them to WC's will be a clear indicator. It's fine if he's just sharing as 'his own family WC perspective', but he doesn't - he uses a broad brush to paint us all. Sorry, but I don't want hendrik's stinky chi brush anywhere near me ;)

Minghequan
03-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Wck screw is core in white crane of fujian screw.

Thus, very rare one could develop the SNT fully because the driver part never get develop

Hendrik, You have already screwed Wing Chun's History... please for the love of God leave White Crane out of this! :p;):p

Okay, please explain this further and while your at it perhaps you could share with us of your White crane knowledge and from whom gave it to you?

stonecrusher69
03-08-2014, 12:05 AM

There is nothing new in M.A. all we can do repackage it and put a twist on it. What's helpful IMO is making it as clear as possible to a new generation of chunners.

BPWT..
03-08-2014, 03:55 AM
@ Sihing

I don't have any problem with Hendrik posting/sharing, but my problem is when he talks about methods and says it is time to "reveal this to the WCK world." It is a statement that others don't know these methods... and this is not accurate.

Even his latest collaborator, Sifu Sergio, would surely disagree with this. In one of Segio's videos he shows a picture taken from a LT seminar in the 90s. In that photo LT is writing on a whiteboard, detailing how the joints and the spine are used in Wing Tsun. This knowledge was being shared in Europe 20 years ago, and LT was teaching it in a wider sense from the 70s.

Edit: The same is true for what Hendrik would call force change and momentum handling, etc, etc. LT doesn't use Hendrik's terminology, but it's all there in LT's writings from the mid 70s onwards.

sihing
03-08-2014, 02:09 PM
@ Sihing

I don't have any problem with Hendrik posting/sharing, but my problem is when he talks about methods and says it is time to "reveal this to the WCK world." It is a statement that others don't know these methods... and this is not accurate.

Even his latest collaborator, Sifu Sergio, would surely disagree with this. In one of Segio's videos he shows a picture taken from a LT seminar in the 90s. In that photo LT is writing on a whiteboard, detailing how the joints and the spine are used in Wing Tsun. This knowledge was being shared in Europe 20 years ago, and LT was teaching it in a wider sense from the 70s.

Edit: The same is true for what Hendrik would call force change and momentum handling, etc, etc. LT doesn't use Hendrik's terminology, but it's all there in LT's writings from the mid 70s onwards.

Yes I understand, as I learned about these things too, and I'm not from LT lineage, so the information is there, Hendrik is just sharing what he knows, and bringing it back the forefront in his own way, I have no problem with that, and I don't recall him saying he is the only one that knows it or is it exclusive to his lineage...so I still don't get where the problem is, even if he did say this, so what, ppl can believe and think what they want. How many personal trainers are there out there? Tons. How many methods are there to body building and increasing muscle size and shape, tons, all the ways have value and can work, one just has to choose in which way they want to go, by doing that they don't have to see the other ways as inferior or worse/bad, nor do they have to put them down, just do your own thing, be open minded and be able to see other things as value that are different from what you are doing..

J

KPM
03-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Yes I understand, as I learned about these things too, and I'm not from LT lineage, so the information is there, Hendrik is just sharing what he knows, and bringing it back the forefront in his own way, I have no problem with that, and I don't recall him saying he is the only one that knows it or is it exclusive to his lineage...so I still don't get where the problem is, even if he did say this, so what, ppl can believe and think what they want. How many personal trainers are there out there? Tons. How many methods are there to body building and increasing muscle size and shape, tons, all the ways have value and can work, one just has to choose in which way they want to go, by doing that they don't have to see the other ways as inferior or worse/bad, nor do they have to put them down, just do your own thing, be open minded and be able to see other things as value that are different from what you are doing..

J

+1, I agree. Hendrik may be guilty of over-stating his case some of the time, but hey..aren't we all guilty of that! ;)

BPWT..
03-08-2014, 02:19 PM
What I mean is this. How can it be a case of "revealing" this knowledge, when it has already been revealed and taught for decades already?

Hendrik paints a picture that implies he is shedding light on something previously forgotten, or something new to many in the WCK world. But the fact is, many lines already know this and train it, just not by the definitions Hendrik chooses to use.

sihing
03-08-2014, 02:38 PM
What I mean is this. How can it be a case of "revealing" this knowledge, when it has already been revealed and taught for decades already?

Hendrik paints a picture that implies he is shedding light on something previously forgotten, or something new to many in the WCK world. But the fact is, many lines already know this and train it, just not by the definitions Hendrik chooses to use.

Because he's revealing it from his own experience and learning, which is the unique part of it, the knowledge itself is objective and complete and there to be understood and explored, the person doing this, their experience and expression of it will be unique, so that is the importance of the sharing, each of us will bring a unique aspect to it when we share it, which may also open our eyes to something that was before unseen.

J

BPWT..
03-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Because he's revealing it from his own experience and learning, which is the unique part of it, the knowledge itself is objective and complete and there to be understood and explored, the person doing this, their experience and expression of it will be unique, so that is the importance of the sharing, each of us will bring a unique aspect to it when we share it, which may also open our eyes to something that was before unseen.

If the above was written in jest: That's hilarious :D I'm not sure what it's a parody of exactly, but it cracked me up :D

If you were being serious: :confused:

"Driver is driver, bows, compressor, motor. Time to reveal these to the Wck world." You're agreeing that it is time for Hendrik to reveal to the world his own experience and learning, which is the unique part of it?

Good Lord. :(

Hendrik
03-08-2014, 08:12 PM
@ Sihing

For those who can read signature

Lt ways and the seven bows , force flow, momentum handling which I present in the utube are different things .

Watch Sergio this and next Monday video and find out what I am presenting. If it is the same thing Sergio will have no need to make these two new videos.

I suggest one watch and listen to what I present in the utube closely before making any conclusion .

The following is the seven bows I am talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtvFTcPbepQ&feature=youtube_gdata

Paddington
03-09-2014, 01:45 AM

Lt ways and the seven bows , force flow, momentum handling which I present in the utube are different things .

Watch Sergio this and next Monday video and find out what I am presenting. If it is the same thing Sergio will have no need to make these two new videos.

I suggest one watch and listen to what I present in the utube closely before making any conclusion .

Hendrik, I find it very hard to find justifications for titling that video "7 Bows skill demonstrated by Sifu Sergio during an IWKA Wing Tjun Instructor Seminar". The specific bit of that title that I am struggling with is the first part, '7 bows skill demonstrated...'. There are so many other elements important to what is demonstrated, such as the stepping and where he steps to cause such movement in his training partners, that I find the title somewhat disingenuous.

To comment on your collaboration with Sergio I feel I must voice caution. I downloaded all of his DVDs and have watched most of them and I question to what extent money and wealth acquisition make up Sergio's modus operandi. I thought this very much after watching Sergio's so called 'spiritual life coaching' DvD which reminded me of the snake oil salesmen of old and the modern equivalents. I also noticed Sergio use quite a bit of NLP (neuro linguistic programming) too and that always sets alarm bells ringing.

I tend to agree with what others have said with respects to some of the knowledge having been already taught and shared for quite some time, such as the 7 bows. However, I would say your average wing chun practitioner in the 'west' would be unaware and I have found the exercises you have shown very useful for relaxation and enjoyable to do. I recommend people try them.

BPWT..
03-09-2014, 02:28 AM

I do watch your videos, Hendrik - especially now that you're making them a bit shorter and more to the point. So I'm drawing my conclusions based on what you show/talk about, what Sergio posts on YouTube and what I myself learn.

In this clip of Sergio, I see him exaggerating movements in order to make the teaching easier for the students, but the methods he shows are indeed present in LT WingTsun.

To be honest, I like many of Sergio's videos. What he teaches is basically the LT system as he learned it in Hong Kong, plus material added in from some non-Yip Man WCK lineages.

Why does he make new videos? Well, he likes to present, he is quite free with 'some' knowledge (in order to promote his organization and his products, and he needs to keep his public awareness high.

I think Sergio has skill and knowledge - I also think he's put a lot of effort into marketing himself and his organization. It's quite expensive to learn from him - and he needs to package what he does in a way that makes that cost justifiable in the minds of his students.

Paddington
03-09-2014, 03:51 AM
[...] I think Sergio has skill and knowledge - I also think he's put a lot of effort into marketing himself and his organization. It's quite expensive to learn from him - and he needs to package what he does in a way that makes that cost justifiable in the minds of his students.

I was doing a little chi sau over Christmas with my kung fu brothers, some of whom have been running their own classes for a while now. One of them was talking about how much they charged for a 90 min group session, to which another replied 'wow, that is a lot of money'. The first then replied, 'well, it is wing chun isn't it?'. I agree with you BPWT.

BPWT..
03-09-2014, 04:39 AM
Sure, Wing Chun can be expensive :D I spend quite a lot, as I travel to various countries (some near, some less so), to learn.

I see nothing wrong with high costs if the training is very good and you take away a lot from it. For example, I only occasionally attend a LT seminar as he's really slowed down in his teaching these days, and doesn't pack his seminars the way he once did. Other guys in our line from HK give seminars with more to take away.

Sergio charges maybe double what I pay for a seminar with LT, and about 2.5x what I would pay from other HK Sifus.

But if you get what you're looking for from Sergio, then it's worth the money ;)

Paddington
03-09-2014, 05:00 AM
Sergio charges maybe double what I pay for a seminar with LT, and about 2.5x what I would pay from other HK Sifus.

Well, had I paid 69 Euros for each of his DvDs, particularly the 'spiritual / lifestyle advice' one, I would feel like I had been robbed.

Grumblegeezer
03-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Well, had I paid 69 Euros for each of his DvDs, particularly the 'spiritual / lifestyle advice' one, I would feel like I had been robbed.

A "Spiritual/Lifestyle" video??? I haven't heard of that one. Would that be a Sifu Sergio or a Leung Ting video?

To buy such a video from Sergio would be stupid. To buy from from my old Sifu, LT would be insane and ...hilarious.

Paddington
03-09-2014, 08:54 AM
A "Spiritual/Lifestyle" video??? I haven't heard of that one. Would that be a Sifu Sergio or a Leung Ting video?

To buy such a video from Sergio would be stupid. To buy from from my old Sifu, LT would be insane and ...hilarious.

I was referring to Sifu Sergio and this title he offers for 69 Euros.

http://sifusergio.com/shop/10-wisdoms.html

He is wearing white and striking lounge poses, so it must be very spiritual indeed!

LFJ
03-09-2014, 09:10 AM
So the guy's a predatory nut. Perfect collaboration partner choice for Hendrik to sell his beliefs to the gullible.

Hendrik
03-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Seriously,

Most people is not familiar with the development of driver thus they can't see the difference.

Drive is a big issue needs to address in Wck. Structure is not drive, using of joints is also doesn't mean it is drive. Not to mention there are crazy idea out there of using the spine. That will just cause one to expose to serious injury.

But, these days everyone think they can interplate anything they like. So, I respect everyone's free will.

I do watch your videos, Hendrik - especially now that you're making them a bit shorter and more to the point. So I'm drawing my conclusions based on what you show/talk about, what Sergio posts on YouTube and what I myself learn.

In this clip of Sergio, I see him exaggerating movements in order to make the teaching easier for the students, but the methods he shows are indeed present in LT WingTsun.

To be honest, I like many of Sergio's videos. What he teaches is basically the LT system as he learned it in Hong Kong, plus material added in from some non-Yip Man WCK lineages.

Why does he make new videos? Well, he likes to present, he is quite free with 'some' knowledge (in order to promote his organization and his products, and he needs to keep his public awareness high.

I think Sergio has skill and knowledge - I also think he's put a lot of effort into marketing himself and his organization. It's quite expensive to learn from him - and he needs to package what he does in a way that makes that cost justifiable in the minds of his students.

BPWT..
03-09-2014, 10:08 AM

To be honest, Grumblegeezer, I think even LT would find the idea of him doing a spiritual DVD... hilarious

:D