PDA

View Full Version : More martial art ideas... (remember the blast?)

Ryu
11-19-2001, 08:21 PM
I've mentioned again and again that the straight blast (at least for me) doesn't always push people backwards in a "wounded crane" stance, etc.
And some people will stand their ground, block it, and try to fight back.
(The one person I could never blast, even at 60 years old was my father...a Golden Gloves boxing champ long time ago)

However, I do feel that the blast does get some kind of reaction whether it be covering up, trying to escape it, etc.
I am going to try and see how good of a transition the blast is in getting to the clinch (the wrestler's clinch).
I've tried it before, with okay results, but I'm going to work it a bit with drills, and then try it out on my old man :D LOL

I may just throw it out again, and go with just the basic clinch. Seems safer to clinch if the guys arms are at least trying to protect himself and not punch you on the way in.

Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Ford Prefect
11-19-2001, 08:37 PM
A cross that is slipped can easily grab the back of the neck. Grab the suckers wrist with your left hand, and you have wrist and neck control, so you can go to work. I work out with a wrestling club every once in a while and I can osoto gari those guys decently from this position. With the hand a have on the back of their neck, I bring my forearm down and press it into the side of the neck. (kind of like a half plum position) I find that I can load them up pretty decent from here.

KC Elbows
11-19-2001, 08:38 PM
Let us know what your research yeilds. You definitely take a scientific approach to your fighting. I've been trying to approach it that way lately.

And what would you do with a brain if you had one? -Dorothy to the Scarecrow

LEGEND
11-19-2001, 10:52 PM
RYU...from Paul Vunak way of fighting...if they stand there ground with a boxing type coverup...they suggest you go for a limb destruction...like use muy thai elbows to bang against his forearms then clinch and use knees and slowly supposely his coverup should break...

A

ma_newbie
11-20-2001, 07:43 AM
When I was introduced to the straight blast, I was told that when they cover up, that is when you do things like legend said, along with groin shots (in a self defence situation only obviously), knees, elbows, head butts, etc. Just wherever there defense isn't.

--------------

Ryu
11-20-2001, 08:19 AM
ehhhhhh.... I dunno if I like it or not.

Changing levels with it seems kinda difficult. I didn't really spar it that hard, just some light foolin around, but there's always been something about the blast I just don't like.

I started working on my double leg takedowns.
Gonna just drill those a little bit.

This is some of my thoughts on things to try...
With sparring,
jab, stop-kick, double leg, stand, kick head, stomp.

Jab, double leg, get to back, ground and pound.

Sprawl, knee to head,

Etc.

Hmmm.
Well I'll keep training some stuff. Just gonna do some drilling with the ground and pound dummy tonight. :)

Ryu

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Sharky
11-20-2001, 08:22 AM
"Just gonna do some drilling with the ground and pound dummy tonight. :) "

So er, you and your bird getting on well then eh?

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Ryu
11-20-2001, 08:44 AM
Very! :D

Ryu