PDA

View Full Version : comparing notes

deejaye72
04-29-2014, 05:50 PM
what is your understanding of comparing notes? a cup of tea? doing forms? comapring parlour tricks? putting gloves on?
everyone please tell your story. i'll tell you the different styles i've compared notes with, you guys go first!

deejaye72
04-29-2014, 07:15 PM
does anybody want to tell me how many times they had there a$$ handed to them at another school or with a certain practioner?
come on guys get your ego's out of the way. i'm willing to step up to the plate. i already told you on another post one of them. i can go into more detail. i have many more. cheng man ching called it "investing in loss" bruce lee called it "finding the cause of you own ignorance", i call it "comparing notes" same concept. i'm not asking for names or dates, we dont need to go there.

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 05:18 AM
i can't believe no replies yet, maybe i need to talk about history? do you know what happened when sifu hernandez kicked my a$$ ? when i talked to him several years later, he told me the only reason why he was able to do that to me, was because my kung fu was young. my kung fu was young! not my kung fu sucked! not your kung fu is lazy!, not your kung fu is missing pieces. imagine training with someone humble. he gives lectures about how to develop your kung fu. it's about self development, and helping your juniors.

cheng man ching got the sh!t beat out of him...kept going back, and getting the sh!t beat out of him. one day no one could do it anymore.
why do you think bruce lee developed jeet kune do after his fight with wong jack man? everyone talked sh!t of how they could kick bruce lee's a$$ when he died. no one said it to his face when he was alive! why train if you dont improve? isnt your kung fu better then the day you started? do you think that process stops?

kung fu fighter
04-30-2014, 07:21 AM
cheng man ching got the sh!t beat out of him...kept going back, and getting the sh!t beat out of him. one day no one could do it anymore.

This is not true, jook Lum SPM grandmaster Lum Sang aka Monkey Lum, walk right though cheng man ching in NYC in a challenge fight, ask your father he probably know the details of the story.

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 07:30 AM
This is not true, jook Lum SPM grandmaster Lum Sang aka Monkey Lum, walk right though cheng man ching in NYC in a challenge fight, ask your father he probably know the details of the story.

even if it's true! it still doesnt change his concept of investing loss! he openly admitted to getting his a$$ beat by yang chen fu's students. fact! do you blindly follow someone and forget about your own development?

kung fu fighter
04-30-2014, 07:34 AM
even if it's true! it still doesnt change his concept of investing loss! he openly admitted to getting his a$$ beat by yang chen fu's students. fact! do you blindly follow someone and forget about your own development?

Of coarse everyone is responsible for their own kung fu development, One thing that sticks with me that that sifu whom is sifu Miguel Hernandez's sihing is that you should never be satisfied with your kung fu level.

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 07:36 AM
i used cheng man ching,bruce lee and myself as an example. the post is about your self development! your missing the point.
do you compare notes? have you ever been humbled? can you think for yourself?

kung fu fighter
04-30-2014, 07:48 AM
i used cheng man ching,bruce lee and myself as an example. the post is about your self development! your missing the point.
do you compare notes? have you ever been humbled? can you think for yourself?

Yes, I was humbled by Hendrik's wing chun knowlege and deep understanding of the internal aspects of the wck system.
I was humbled by my kyokushinkai training partner's Alex Jucan toughness whom won a few K1 fights, but then again he had outweighed me by 60 pounds at the time. lol, I learnt more about high level wing chun sparring with him, especially in regards to footwork and closing the distance smartly.
I was humbled by my many BJJ training partners such as Former UFC welterweight champion Carlos Newton.

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 07:56 AM
i worked wth this guy who was a grappler. he tells me " jiu jitsu guys spend a lot of there training taking people to the ground, its hard to stop someone that specializes in that" i'm thinking "oh ok". so at lunch time we go outside. we square off, he takes me to the ground!
i think nothing of it, it rattled me some. but, i'm young my style is superior, ego big. a few years later i get into a family dispute with a family memeber, athlete, plays sports, 18 years old benches 300lbs. real fight, not a sparring match, not sissy patty cake chi sao. he beat the sh!t out of me. i ripped his shirt off of him, he had scratches on him, he was bleeding. guess where the fight ended up? on the ground!

after it was over, guess who i called up? the friend who was a grappler. i studied with him for two years, found the cause of my own ignorance. oh by the way, anyone who tells you speed power and strength doesnt matter, is full of sh!t you better go hide your wallet.

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 07:57 AM
Yes, I was humbled by Hendrik's wing chun knowlege and deep understanding of the internal aspects of the wck system.
I was humbled by my kyokushinkai training partner's Alex Jucan toughness whom won a few K1 fights, but then again he had outweighed me by 60 pounds at the time. lol, I learnt more about high level wing chun sparring with him, especially in regards to footwork and closing the distance smartly.
I was humbled by my many BJJ training partners such as Former UFC welterweight champion Carlos Newton.

very good! thank you for being open. at least you have a pair

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 04:14 PM

thats awesome brother! your gonna have to tell me more about that! that must have been an experience

kung fu fighter
04-30-2014, 05:51 PM
thats awesome brother! your gonna have to tell me more about that! that must have been an experience

Not much to tell other than he is a very skilled grappler and I was a BJJ beginner, I swear the guy has no spine lol. Even though i am physically much stronger than him, I remember on this particular one occasion, I thought for sure i had him with a throw, he allowed himself to almost touch the ground by bending his spine backward and reversed it at the last second. He has very slick wirey BJJ. But we only ever rolled in grappling, i never tried to applied wing chun on him. It would have been interesting if i did as I believe my striking was much better than his at that time.

Later on When I trained with some Pro MMA fighters from Randy Couture's gym, None of them were able to take me down, I find wing chun has very good takedown defence built in by default when linking your arms with connected body kwa power generation. After snuffing their takedown attempts Some of the pro MMA fighters there even said that I had a good base. I guess they were speaking from a wrestling perspective because I don't think they knew what wing chun was. I think I would do even better now with the snake engine power generation that Hendrik shared with me, But i haven't had the opportunity to try it yet against a resistant skilled grappler. i will keep you guys posted when i do.

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Not much to tell other than he is a very skilled grappler and I was a BJJ beginner, I swear the guy has no spine lol. Even though i am physically much stronger than him, I remember on this particular one occasion, I thought for sure i had him with a throw, he allowed himself to almost touch the ground by bending his spine backward and reversed it at the last second. He has very slick wirey BJJ. But we only ever rolled in grappling, i never tried to applied wing chun on him. It would have been interesting if i did as I believe my striking was much better than his at that time.

Later on When I trained with some Pro MMA fighters from Randy Couture's gym, None of them were able to take me down, I find wing chun has very good takedown defence built in by default when linking your arms with connected body kwa power generation. After snuffing their takedown attempts Some of the pro MMA fighters there even said that I had a good base. I guess they were speaking from a wrestling perspective because I don't think they knew what wing chun was. I think I would do even better now with the snake engine power generation that Hendrik shared with me, But i haven't had the opportunity to try it yet against a resistant skilled grappler. i will keep you guys posted when i do.

nice that you shared with me! kwa training huh? thats interesting my kwa training is coming from tai chi. i have a really good idea where his tai chi came from. oh and its tai chi. i know what i've learned and know what i see. comparing notes...mmm and his source of tai chi. bows/ structure, kwa, yielding drills, rooting (coupling)

KPM
04-30-2014, 06:14 PM
How about a non-Wing Chun story? I had been training with the Sword & Buckler for awhile but didn't have anyone to spar with regularly. I practiced the "classical" movements for the source manual and figured I was pretty good at them. So I entered a tournament in Baltimore. And I got my butt KICKED! By a GIRL! And she was SMALLER than me! :) She trained with a really good group of guys and sparred with them on a regular basis. It was a humbling experience! But I was actually there to serve as one of the judges for the Longsword tournament. It was all fun!

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 06:37 PM
How about a non-Wing Chun story? I had been training with the Sword & Buckler for awhile but didn't have anyone to spar with regularly. I practiced the "classical" movements for the source manual and figured I was pretty good at them. So I entered a tournament in Baltimore. And I got my butt KICKED! By a GIRL! And she was SMALLER than me! :) She trained with a really good group of guys and sparred with them on a regular basis. It was a humbling experience! But I was actually there to serve as one of the judges for the Longsword tournament. It was all fun!

i didnt mean to get off topic . i'm sorry. a good friend of mine, he's a big guy studied wing chun when he was a teenager they made him spar a girl in class that trained there. she beat him up! she did a leg trip on him and took him too the ground lol. he said he was shocked. when i say he is big, he's not fat, the guy is solid. it's funny to hear him tell the story

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 06:39 PM
is the sword fighting you do considered rare? i dont see it a lot, although i haven't looked.

kung fu fighter
04-30-2014, 07:04 PM
nice that you shared with me! kwa training huh? thats interesting my kwa training is coming from tai chi. i have a really good idea where his tai chi came from. oh and its tai chi. i know what i've learned and know what i see. comparing notes...mmm and his source of tai chi. bows/ structure, kwa, yielding drills, rooting (coupling)

I've done both chen and yang style tai chi, the snake engine power generation is not the same. what i discribed above is the body mechanics from my research into the mainland wing chun branches of kulo pin sun wck and Yuen Kay San wck along with how to connect my arms to my body power generation from years of experience, not the snake engine from yik Kam wck.

deejaye72
04-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I've done both chen and yang style tai chi, the snake engine power generation is not the same. what i discribed above is the body mechanics from my research into the mainland wing chun branches of kulo pin sun wck and Yuen Kay San wck along with how to connect my arms to my body power generation from years of experience, not the snake engine from yik Kam wck.

please dont play me for a fool, i dont buy into brainwashed students. agree to disagree with me. i got off topic its my fault. i'll leave him alone, all his cronies leave me alone fair enough

kung fu fighter
04-30-2014, 09:22 PM
please dont play me for a fool, i dont buy into brainwashed students. agree to disagree with me. i got off topic its my fault. i'll leave him alone, all his cronies leave me alone fair enough
no problem, i am not trying to play anyone for a fool just trying to help! anyone who knows me, know that I am definatately not a brainwashed student of anyone nor a crony, I am a free thinker, that's why i don't align myself with any particular wck linage or sifu, the wing chun that I now practice and teach is a fusion of several wck branches. I guess we are done comparing notes:D

deejaye72
05-01-2014, 05:34 AM
no problem, i am not trying to play anyone for a fool just trying to help! anyone who knows me, know that I am definatately not a brainwashed student of anyone nor a crony, I am a free thinker, that's why i don't align myself with any particular wck linage or sifu, the wing chun that I now practice and teach is a fusion of several wck branches. I guess we are done comparing notes:D

we can compare notes...just dont convince me of his conclusions. oh and telling people he turned on your snake engine doesnt sound right in this langauge,maybe in chinese it has slightly different meaning or something. please take my advise on that, even though you won't on anything else. you guys need to sit down and change your terminology. makes me think they came up with that just to see how stupid the gwai lo sounds saying it hahahaha

" would you turn on my snake engine..big boy?" "**** brother, i dont think i would have said that!!" hahaha.

deejaye72
05-01-2014, 05:44 AM

fu·sion
ˈfyo͞oZHən/
noun
noun: fusion; plural noun: fusions

the process or result of joining two or more things together to form a single entity.
"a fusion of an idea from anthropology and an idea from psychology"
synonyms: blend, blending, combination, amalgamation, joining, union, marrying, bonding, merging, melding, mingling, integration, intermixture, intermingling, synthesis; More

joining two or more things to make a single entity. so why couldn't someone cross train, which is popular today and come up with something better then they started with? why couldnt someone very intelligent with the physical skills and the knowledge come to there own conclusions..and be just as effective. my point is if he could do it so can i. there is nothing you can do that cant be done.

deejaye72
05-01-2014, 05:50 AM
i cant help but think how eerily similar this stuff is to all the structure and power generation hawkins cheung would talk about in all those magazines articles and interviews in the 80's and 90's. wing chun tai chi man. anyway i met him with my father once. he came to visit my sigung, they are friends. nice man.

kung fu fighter
05-01-2014, 10:02 AM
" would you turn on my snake engine..big boy?" "**** brother, i dont think i would have said that!!" hahaha.
I have an anaconda engine, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZdGQzzBFzI

But more on serious note, the name doesn't matter, you can call it snake engine, dynamic spring engine or flex flow structure. i's all referring to the same thing.

Hendrik
05-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I have an anaconda engine, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xGlG5-ydEY

But more on serious note, the name doesn't matter, you can call it snake engine, dynamic spring engine or flex flow structure. i's all referring to the same thing.

Called it anything, not taiji that is forsure, but emei snake

This is how Jim teaching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5SVdSR9_vs

deejaye72
05-01-2014, 11:17 AM

Yeah not Tai chi or wing chun. Hawkins chueng power generation, wing Chun structure
,tai chi structure, little crane, little cheng man ching yielding principles from, 1970s new York China town. Stir the pot/ controversey good for marketing. Screw qwai lo. I know your bottom line.would you turn on my snake engine.haha

deejaye72
05-01-2014, 11:19 AM
oh sorry guys, my bad, I'll behave

deejaye72
05-01-2014, 07:33 PM
How is that any different from anyone else's WC mechanics? I would also like to point out that it was long bridge, you said "Snake Engine" doesn't work in long bridge. Personally I think your reaching to provide examples and people like Jim are enabling you. What was demonstarted is commonaly known as "Immovable Elbow" and "Iron Bridge". Day one basics on the proper structure of the bridge.

yeah agreed, and on one of his youtube videos hendrik demonstrats a technque he calls " horizontally lock wild bulls legs" its triangle theory, the 45 degree, or the cutting angle. semantics, its all just semantics.

deejaye72
05-01-2014, 07:43 PM

sinking and relaxing, and taking the force into your root? yeah thats different then what all the internal arts have ever done!