PDA

View Full Version : An example of snake slide training

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Here is a beginner level of activating the Snake slide in the SNT set.

In this case, is practicing the YKSLT part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDbOyjm1bA&feature=youtu.be

At this level

The practice shows is the loose expand and open up body joints step,

This is the very basic before getting into the ground coupling , force path, force flow handling , and proper technics handling.

Just focus on loose expand and joints opening of the whole body while practicing the set. Not focus in elbow position...etc but just try to loose, exanf, and open up each joint.

Only after a good handling of this basic step, one progress the training to the ground coupling and further with the same set.

The process or mile stone of development is as the following formulae 2014 which I describe it in a systematic way

The Formulae 2014 is A complete systematic process of Jin development embedded within the snt practice. Formulae 2014 were compose in 2014 to aids the study of the Wck Jin develpmant within the Snt set or other Wck sets.

Step:
1. Collect the intention union with awareness on equal shoulder stance. (Loose expand )
2. Meeting in lower abdomen breathing is smooth ( deep breathing)
3. Snake slide worm move joins progressively link ( joins handling)
4. Couple with ground needs the feet bow ( ground coupling)
5. Seven bows align into a path way for Jin or force flow ( Force flow path construction )
6. Action and reaction force handling develop Jin or force flow ( force flow handling)

Anyone who is interested in the YKSLT part 1 practice can contact Jim Rosalendo who is teaching in MIT and Harvard area

http://mitqigong.blogspot.com

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 11:51 AM
The following is a very coarse demo of the emei snake slide technology which is embedded in the above YKSLT part 1 video. More videos showing fine details will surface in the coming future

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/3HHaB0cR4M4

In the following video see how the handling of the joints from shoulder blade to finger tip, at higher level Qi medirians flow is further incorporate , then Jin or force flow is further incorporate. If the training is for health reason , one do not has to go up to the Jin level.

Ie. YKSLT kuit,

Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。
Pay attention to the finger, claw , and the side under the sleeve .
Y8旋迥自然順脈氣
Spiral twisting naturally , follow the breathing and the direction of the qi.

Are these type of instruction for practicing the YKSLT.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/d4r-IGHMVJk/

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 12:01 PM
There is nothing mysterious or magical, it is just a specific way of handling to support the purpose of design.

But if one jump step, one will not get the expected result.

Hope this above also shows why is Kung fatt such as formulae 2014 is not a San sik . And why is without Kung develop
One default to general muscle handling instead of using a specific skill of body handling

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Many critic me on pointing out what is the engine what is not the engine of YKSLT.

Such as in the following video which I pointed out it is not using the proper engine and not following the kuen kuit and process as describe in the formulae 2014 above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26CFsSIIvok&feature=youtube_gdata

See for yourself, compare this video and the first video of this thread. And see for yourself what is the different between them and what will one expect to develop at the end of the day. And What type of development can support short strike art ?

I know, telling others the planet earth is round is a sin when most think earth is flat.
But then every Wck lovers has a duty to present the facts and I would love to learn the proper way too if I was pointing out I did it wrong.
hope all wcners get better and better. There is no lineage in 1848, but one Wck family.

Snake slide worm move technology is a straightforward thing. No need to spend another 160 years to see it.

All what I share is just " using hammer the hammer way" nothing else.

deejaye72
05-03-2014, 07:03 PM

At this level

This is the very basic before getting into the ground coupling , force path, force flow handling , and proper technics handling.

Just focus on loose expand and joints opening of the whole body while practicing the set. Not focus in elbow position...etc but just try to loose, exanf, and open up each joint.

Only after a good handling of this basic step, one progress the training to the ground coupling and further with the same set.

The process or mile stone of development is as the following formulae 2014 which I describe it in a systematic way

The Formulae 2014 is A complete systematic process of Jin development embedded within the snt practice. Formulae 2014 were compose in 2014 to aids the study of the Wck Jin develpmant within the Snt set or other Wck sets.

Step:
1. Collect the intention union with awareness on equal shoulder stance. (Loose expand )
5. Seven bows align into a path way for Jin or force flow ( Force flow path construction )
6. Action and reaction force handling develop Jin or force flow ( force flow handling)

Anyone who is interested in the YKSLT part 1 practice can contact Jim Rosalendo who is teaching in MIT and Harvard area

so what your saying is, the snake movement is for the big joints, and the worm movement is for the smaller joints, like your fingers. if you are using the smaller joints to recieve force along with the big joints wouldn't that result in more then 7 bows?

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 07:19 PM
so what your saying is, the snake movement is for the big joints, and the worm movement is for the smaller joints, like your fingers. if you are using the smaller joints to recieve force along with the big joints wouldn't that result in more then 7 bows?

You are correct, there are much more then seven bows.

Seven bows are seven important core basic handling center of the momentum dynamic
It is also just the beginning , the simple way to start for the beginner. One will proceed into small fine handling later and Qi flow will involve on top of the seven bows.

Small joints without seven bows doesn't work. Seven bows with small joints can't go advance Wck.

If you look at the beginner level SLT practice above you can see finger joints are involved. Not just seven bows, and it is done in a waving way, not the circular taiji type and the hip area doesn't practice what taiji practice.

This stance the yjkym or equal shoulder stance even thought it looks double weight, but there are yin and yang changing on every single the feet bow, thus it is like standing on two moving wheels. It is never double weight due to the never stop waving.

Ie. If one stand with placing weight in the two heels . That is double weight, this above doesn't do that but the arch or feet bow of the two feet are constantly adaptively adjust based on the movement of the waving.

The small in SNT means small details or small joints handling.

Both Fujian white crane and emei 12. Zhuang share the seven bows, but SNT proceed into small joints, that differentiate WCK from Fujian White Crane.

If things went well, in a few month time, you will be able to see video of micro handling from emei 12 zhuang experts.

deejaye72
05-03-2014, 07:27 PM

Seven bows are seven important core basic handling center of the momentum dynamic
It is also just the beginning , the simple way to start for the beginner. One will proceed into small fine handling later and Qi flow will involve on top of the seven bows.

Small joints without seven bows doesn't work. Seven bows with small joints can't go advance Wck. Such as the set biu Jee.

now i really see where you are coming from. i too have to apologize for harassing you. what you are trying to say is not for anyone to stop practicing there lineage of wing chun, just to add this back into it, because it has been left out.

deejaye72
05-03-2014, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Hendrik;1267121]Here is a beginner level of activating the Snake slide in the SNT set.

is he a student of yours? he has very good form. he should be the one doing the demo of techniques for you. imho

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 07:38 PM
now i really see where you are coming from. i too have to apologize for harassing you. what you are trying to say is not for anyone to stop practicing there lineage of wing chun, just to add this back into it, because it has been left out.

No worry. No one is perfect, including me.

Yes, I agree with you.

Please read my edited previous reply with more information above.

Hope thing get more clear.

The information is a data point of Wck 1848, not yik kam linage, there is no Wck lineage in 1848, there is only one Wck family in the red boat, it belongs to all wcners.
The name yik kam is used just to show this is what he passed down.

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=Hendrik;1267121]Here is a beginner level of activating the Snake slide in the SNT set.

is he a student of yours? he has very good form. he should be the one doing the demo of techniques for you. imho

Not my student , he has his own lineage, I just share with him .

I share equall with wcners from all wck lineages who like to study the information.

deejaye72
05-03-2014, 07:44 PM

Small joints without seven bows doesn't work. Seven bows with small joints can't go advance Wck.

If you look at the beginner level SLT practice above you can see finger joints are involved. Not just seven bows, and it is done in a waving way, not the circular taiji type and the hip area doesn't practice what taiji practice.

This stance the yjkym or equal shoulder stance even thought it looks double weight, but there are yin and yang changing on every single the feet bow, thus it is like standing on two moving wheels. It is never double weight due to the never stop waving.

Ie. If one stand with placing weight in the two heels . That is double weight, this above doesn't do that but the arch or feet bow of the two feet are constantly adaptively adjust based on the movement of the waving.

The small in SNT means small details or small joints handling.

Both Fujian white crane and emei 12. Zhuang share the seven bows, but SNT proceed into small joints, that differentiate WCK from Fujian White Crane.

If things went well, in a few month time, you will be able to see video of micro handling from emei 12 zhuang experts.

so if someone pushed you, the force would go down thru you like a rippling affect, because ot the worm and snake like movements of your joints.

deejaye72
05-03-2014, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=Hendrik;1267124]Many critic me on pointing out what is the engine what is not the engine of YKSLT.

Such as in the following video which I pointed out it is not using the proper engine and not following the kuen kuit and process as describe in the formulae 2014 above.

he is using way to much muscular strength, your student looks much better then him. its like night and day!

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 07:59 PM
so if someone pushed you, the force would go down thru you like a rippling affect, because ot the worm and snake like movements of your joints.

Corect .

If the skill is advance, the movement is subtle. That is the inch Jin or short Jin which can be used for close body sticking recieve and issue

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hendrik;1267124]Many critic me on pointing out what is the engine what is not the engine of YKSLT.

he is using way to much muscular strength, your student looks much better then him. its like night and day!

With proper process one can attaint the level very fast.

Muscular will also hit a platour and stop , it can not go further. What was develop is not suitable for short strike art which stick close

As for the practice in the video, that is just the first few steps in the process. Not even get to force coupling yet.

Hendrik
05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
It is just this. Simple .

For some this is top secret.
For me, this is a data point of wing chun kuen 1848, it belongs to all wcners. Since there is only one red boat Wck in 1848.

But if one use a wrong engine or never develop the Kung properly then it is night and day different.

As you can see, recently some one complain about me saying what is proper not proper engine. But take a look at the above video, compare, see how is this young man from a different lineage do with a two months practice. The result can tell the story. One just can't use a clf or hung gar engine to power Wck snt .

Also, it is not just loose, there are many things in handling . Just loose can't go too far. That is why I compose the formulae 2014 to present the process or Kung fatt for all SNT disregards of lineages

Cho Gar
05-04-2014, 03:06 AM

At this level

Step:

I was going to say something about the video, but changed my mind.

kung fu fighter
05-04-2014, 10:06 AM
That video of theo is not the first section of the 108 SLT as passed down by the cho family.
Sure, there's a slight resemblance in the first pattern but there's so much missing. Also, lots of fundamental things are missing and the way the movements are being performed, it looks like the knowledge of combat application has gone out of the window.
Hendrik, is this what you're teaching as the yik kam 108 SLT?

Perhaps your sifu Ku Choi Wah added extra things in

Hendrik
05-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Kung fu fighter ,

Attached is the same set as demonstrated by the olderst living cho family senior in the family tree alive today , Gm Cheung, Based on his lineage practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCTuRE4zC0&feature=youtube_gdat

This video is released to the public years ago.

Take a look at his set cheography and what is presented by the beginner above.
See for yourself, how are they look.

Similar to Gm Cheung , Every move or the cheography of the set, as in the beginner practice above is following the attached YKSLT kuen kuit , this is an old tradition , set and kuet is one .

the beginner set practice above further go in the direction of implementing emei DNA.

Pay attention to Y7 and Y8, view the beginner set practice to see if he is trying his best to following them in the set practice.

Translation Ver 1.2

易金詠春:小練頭歌訣
Yik Kam Wing Chun , Siu Lin Tau song kuit

Part 1

Y1聚意會神平肩檔。
Focus the intention, union with the awareness ,while standing the equal shoulder stance
Y2兩手前起分陰陽
Two Hands Front Raise Divide into Yin and Yang.
Y3左腿跘出有善惡。
The trip out of Left leg has positive and negative effects.
Y4右跟屈勁緊反藏
The bending power of the right heel tightly store in the reverse direction.
Y5會合丹田督脈降。
Union in the Dan tian , Du medirian sink.

Y6手臂鞭出橫力勁
The arm whip out the horizontal Jin
Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。
Y8旋迥自然順脈氣

Y9掌背向外神意足。
Back of Palm Faces Outward , Intention is Full.
Y10翻掌抽纏對心防
Rotating palm reeling guarding the heart.

Y11單橫相撐合氣運。
Single horizontal and double press handling accord to breathing.
Y12相抱沉身力橫分
Embracing and sinking, splits the force horizontally.
Y13前虛急用擒伏法。
Forward Empty Urgently Use Seize Subdue methods.
Y14下叉飛雙插翼忙
Lower intersection, flying double , Hurry piercing wings
Y15合實雙掌穿心貫。
Joining the two palms drive through the heart
Y16下沉關元背攻上
Sinking down to Guan Yuan area Back of the palm Attacks Upwards.
Y17一任自然脈安祥。
Following natural spontaneously the qi will flow in a peaceful and balance way.

Y18企掌屈肘單昭陽
Erect palm bent elbow single zhao yang
Y19上下飛花勁脈暢。
Upper and Lower Flying Flower Power Channels Smooth.
Y20呑吐如虹發力罡
Swallowing and spitting are like a smooth rainbow issuing force .
Y21下結關元參佛手。
Lower knot at guan yuan area (then turn into ) Buddha counsel hands.
Y22一任自然氣脈長
Following natural spontaneously the breathing, zhen qi and it flow will grow (strong)

3。 from a third party view,
the following is a list of old timer names and position in the Yik kam lineage Cho family in Malaysia including my late sifu name clearly recorded , written by Gm Cheung.

Whoever not in the list need to prove their identity . One can't just make claim on their practice without be able to present evidence to back up from one own sifu and third party documents from other old timers.

由红船子弟正旦金(易金)再传给武生曹顺(大眼顺),曹顺再传给儿子曹德胜与沈震师父及师叔曹德文(曹安) ,曹雄才(曹朱).

Translate

By the red boat opera actor Yik Kam, Yik kam passed the art to another actor Cho soon , Cho Soon passed to his son Cho Dak Shing, and Sam Chan, Cho Dak Man or Cho On, Cho Hung Choy.

http://operawingchun.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post.html

Different lineages in Cho family off spring are free to evolve their art as they like. I fully respect that.

My choice is to present thing as it is with trace able evidence.

Disregard of what others claim.

theo
05-05-2014, 12:01 AM
There are different ways of doing the set, and with that you get different result. And sometimes people add things into their sets for their own reasons.

I can say that what Hendrik shows is the same as he has done since decades ago

Kung fu fighter ,

Attached is the same set as demonstrated by the olderst living cho family senior in the family tree alive today , Gm Cheung, Based on his lineage practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCTuRE4zC0&feature=youtube_gdat

This video is released to the public years ago.

Take a look at his set cheography and what is presented by the beginner above.
See for yourself, how are they look.

Similar to Gm Cheung , Every move or the cheography of the set, as in the beginner practice above is following the attached YKSLT kuen kuit , this is an old tradition , set and kuet is one .

the beginner set practice above further go in the direction of implementing emei DNA.

Pay attention to Y7 and Y8, view the beginner set practice to see if he is trying his best to following them in the set practice.

Translation Ver 1.2

易金詠春:小練頭歌訣
Yik Kam Wing Chun , Siu Lin Tau song kuit

Part 1

Y1聚意會神平肩檔。
Focus the intention, union with the awareness ,while standing the equal shoulder stance
Y2兩手前起分陰陽
Two Hands Front Raise Divide into Yin and Yang.
Y3左腿跘出有善惡。
The trip out of Left leg has positive and negative effects.
Y4右跟屈勁緊反藏
The bending power of the right heel tightly store in the reverse direction.
Y5會合丹田督脈降。
Union in the Dan tian , Du medirian sink.

Y6手臂鞭出橫力勁
The arm whip out the horizontal Jin
Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。
Y8旋迥自然順脈氣

Y9掌背向外神意足。
Back of Palm Faces Outward , Intention is Full.
Y10翻掌抽纏對心防
Rotating palm reeling guarding the heart.

Y11單橫相撐合氣運。
Single horizontal and double press handling accord to breathing.
Y12相抱沉身力橫分
Embracing and sinking, splits the force horizontally.
Y13前虛急用擒伏法。
Forward Empty Urgently Use Seize Subdue methods.
Y14下叉飛雙插翼忙
Lower intersection, flying double , Hurry piercing wings
Y15合實雙掌穿心貫。
Joining the two palms drive through the heart
Y16下沉關元背攻上
Sinking down to Guan Yuan area Back of the palm Attacks Upwards.
Y17一任自然脈安祥。
Following natural spontaneously the qi will flow in a peaceful and balance way.

Y18企掌屈肘單昭陽
Erect palm bent elbow single zhao yang
Y19上下飛花勁脈暢。
Upper and Lower Flying Flower Power Channels Smooth.
Y20呑吐如虹發力罡
Swallowing and spitting are like a smooth rainbow issuing force .
Y21下結關元參佛手。
Lower knot at guan yuan area (then turn into ) Buddha counsel hands.
Y22一任自然氣脈長
Following natural spontaneously the breathing, zhen qi and it flow will grow (strong)

3。 from a third party view,
the following is a list of old timer names and position in the Yik kam lineage Cho family in Malaysia including my late sifu name clearly recorded , written by Gm Cheung.

Whoever not in the list need to prove their identity . One can't just make claim on their practice without be able to present evidence to back up from one own sifu and third party documents from other old timers.

由红船子弟正旦金(易金)再传给武生曹顺(大眼顺),曹顺再传给儿子曹德胜与沈震师父及师叔曹德文(曹安) ,曹雄才(曹朱).

Translate

By the red boat opera actor Yik Kam, Yik kam passed the art to another actor Cho soon , Cho Soon passed to his son Cho Dak Shing, and Sam Chan, Cho Dak Man or Cho On, Cho Hung Choy.

http://operawingchun.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post.html

Different lineages in Cho family off spring are free to evolve their art as they like. I fully respect that.

My choice is to present thing as it is with trace able evidence.

Disregard of what others claim.