PDA

View Full Version : Going to a Korean market

Ryu
11-20-2001, 10:47 AM
Today I will be going to a Korean market with some friends. Korean and Japanese.
Anybody have any suggestions of favorite Asian foods I should buy for myself?

uh..... KUNG FU foods that is...
(yes, that should work)

Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Johnny Hot Shot
11-20-2001, 11:09 AM
Kimchi Jegi or some Sim do bo.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

IronFist
11-20-2001, 12:08 PM
BUL-GO-GI!!!! (Korean beef)

ramyun, that's Korean ramen :)

Get their cold noodles. ****e I forgot what they are called... Naeng-myun, I think that's it!

gim-bapp, or is it gim-bbap? Seaweed covered rice.

Ever had soju?

I suck at Korean now :(

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Badger
11-20-2001, 04:10 PM
Try the dried squid jerky,it's pretty good.

Badger

Godzilla
11-20-2001, 05:00 PM
An Asian Pear is muy delicioso (IMHO). I buy them at the Korean Market near my home. Of course I would also recommend drinking green tea steeped in a traditional Yixing (Chinese clay) or Tetsubin (Japanese iron) tea pot. Very soothing. Very healthy. Very good.

Truly,
Godzilla

qeySuS
11-20-2001, 05:10 PM
IronFist: I ate that when i went to USA (at a really good korean restaurant) i found it to be too dry :) It wasnt the cooking, the meat itself was great, but i want some sauce or something on my food, i should have gone for something spicier that always had some sauce on it.

It tasted fine though, i was sick though and had a low appetite, hardly made a dent in the huge plate (i think the waiter thought i didnt like it).

Free thinkers are dangerous!

wu_de36
11-20-2001, 06:39 PM
must get barbecue!!!

why they insist on wrapping their meat in lettuce is beyond me, though.

I'm not a seafood fan, so I can't give you much more advice.

shaolinboxer
11-20-2001, 06:52 PM
Edamame. In the shell. High protien, low fat.

And some pocky sticks for fun. (Pocky for Men ofcourse, in the green box).

Badger
11-20-2001, 06:53 PM
Yummy!!!!

Badger

+

Ryu
11-20-2001, 08:47 PM
I'll be leaving in an hour or so.
There's also lots of Japanese and Chinese foods there too, not just Korean. So keep those suggestions coming. ;)

Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

IronFist
11-20-2001, 11:33 PM
I have some Pocky for men (see my thread, hehe). Can guys buy the other kinds or is that considered gay? I bought some strawberry ones in a pink box, shìt, I hope the chick at the register didn't think I was a hómo!

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

rubthebuddha
11-20-2001, 11:42 PM
just find yourself a good vietnamese shop and live off pho for the next 10 years.

a new vietnamese shop opened up in town here a few months back, and i swear my roommate and i sustained it during it's lean opening months. i think we ate there three times per week. that, indeed, gives one a very rubbable buddha. :D

-rtb