PDA

View Full Version : The core of Yiquan

li jiong
11-20-2001, 11:01 AM
The core of Yiquan isn't Zhanzhuan, Shili, Fali or anything else, but "Yi (spirit, mind)". All training methods are tools only, not the aim. We pursue health, good abilities and especially good spirit by Yiquan training, don't pursue to stand two hours each time.
In teaching, we let students feel and validate the feeling of relaxation first, then one can practise Yangshengzhuang (health standing). We never request a student hold one posture more than twenty minutes, of course, if one can keep the proper state, and feel comfortable in standing, twenty minutes isn't the absolute limit, but one shouldn't importune long standing. Another thing, in standing (or other exercises), one should aways look (feel/check) inner, and adjust the state momentarily if he feel not very comfortable. We shouldn't practice for practice only.
Anyway, if one studious trains in a right way, he will feel advance every day, become more and more healthy, powerful, confident, wise and brave, keep away from fear and anxiety.

Rider:
Chinese martial arts are very multifarious, if you don't choose a good one and a good teacher, not only will waste your money and time, but also will harm your life.
From their developing process, martial arts can be divided into three stages, low-grade martial arts are paying attention to zhaoshi (fixed techniques of attack or defense) and taolu (a series of skills and tricks, also know as forms or kata in Japanese), Shaolin is belong to this stage mainly; the better ones are neijiaquan (such as Taiji, Bagua and Xingyi, etc, I point the real ones of them here, not so-called ones all over the world); the third stage is martial art science, such as Yiquan. But there are also many Yiquan instructors don't really understand martial art science (they don't understand Yiquan in fact), they had learnt some combat skills from their father or teacher only, although they might be good at fight, they are not able to teach out a good student. Real martial art science should lead students to be more and more healthy, powerful, confident wise and brave, lead students to be self-awaken and self-realization at last.

web page (http://pages.eidosnet.co.uk/~yiquan/)
http://pages.eidosnet.co.uk/~yiquan/xy.GIF

Wongsifu
11-20-2001, 01:39 PM
is this the art where that fat dude blasts people away from him ?

This is because THC is not an alkaloid. It does not contain a nitrogen atom, therefore it is a terpenophenolic compound

Xebsball
11-20-2001, 04:13 PM
Yes, and there's a thread about it on the Taijiquan forum.

----------------------------
Friday evening / The blood still on my hands
To think that she would leave me now / For that ungrateful man

Sole survivor / No witness to the crime
I must act fast to cover up / I think that there's still time

He'd seem hopeless and lost with this note / They'll buy into the words that I wrote

"This feeling inside me
Finally found my love, I've finally broke free
No longer torn in two
I'd take my own life before losing you"

dedalus
11-21-2001, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Showing a feeling with a fixed method

Giving up the method after getting the feeling

Letting the feeling follow into everything...[/quote]

I like the quotation on the homepage li jiong, but I don't have a lot of faith in learning an energetic art by correspondance... I think the good structure of your art is evident in the pictures available on the website, though.

Your promotion of relaxation strikes me as intrinsically good, and a more reasonable activity to pursue with your site and materials.

Kung Lek
11-21-2001, 04:18 AM
Hey Li.

Isn't "Yi" meaning "will"?

or does the spirit/mind equate to will.

peace (nice clip!)

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

joedoe
11-21-2001, 05:02 AM
spirit/mind = will

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

li jiong
01-10-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by
The core of Yiquan isn't Zhanzhuan, Shili, Fali or anything else, but "Yi (spirit, mind)". All training methods are tools only, not the aim. We pursue health, good abilities and especially good spirit by Yiquan training, don't pursue to stand two hours each time.
In teaching, we let students feel and validate the feeling of relaxation first, then one can practise Yangshengzhuang (health standing). We never request a student hold one posture more than twenty minutes, of course, if one can keep the proper state, and feel comfortable in standing, twenty minutes isn't the absolute limit, but one shouldn't importune long standing. Another thing, in standing (or other exercises), one should aways look (feel/check) inner, and adjust the state momentarily if he feel not very comfortable. We shouldn't practice for practice only.
Anyway, if one studious trains in a right way, he will feel advance every day, become more and more healthy, powerful, confident, wise and brave, keep away from fear and anxiety.

Rider:
Chinese martial arts are very multifarious, if you don't choose a good one and a good teacher, not only will waste your money and time, but also will harm your life.
From their developing process, martial arts can be divided into three stages, low-grade martial arts are paying attention to zhaoshi (fixed techniques of attack or defense) and taolu (a series of skills and tricks, also know as forms or kata in Japanese), Shaolin is belong to this stage mainly; the better ones are neijiaquan (such as Taiji, Bagua and Xingyi, etc, I point the real ones of them here, not so-called ones all over the world); the third stage is martial art science, such as Yiquan. But there are also many Yiquan instructors don't really understand martial art science (they don't understand Yiquan in fact), they had learnt some combat skills from their father or teacher only, although they might be good at fight, they are not able to teach out a good student. Real martial art science should lead students to be more and more healthy, powerful, confident wise and brave, lead students to be self-awaken and self-realization at last.

Yiquan Science (http://www.yiquando.com/)
http://www.yiquando.com/xy.GIF

bamboo_ leaf
01-10-2002, 10:29 PM
“I point the real ones of them here, not so-called ones all over the world”

first off I like the concept of YI quan, I think that it is a progression that not many will make or understand.

Out of curiosity what are the real ones that you talk about? What makes them real in your view as opposed to the others?

:)

li jiong
01-11-2002, 03:23 AM
Out of question, Mr. Wang Xiangzhai is a real one, from him to now, as far as know, only Mr. Han Jingyu is.
After all, the reason makes them real is their gracious personality. Of course, they are all good at philosophy, Buddhism and Tao.

Yiquan Forum (http://pluto.beseen.com/boardroom/w/50768/)

Crimson Phoenix
01-11-2002, 05:19 AM
Huh?? isn't Wang Xian Jie a real one?? Even Wang Xiang Zhai's daughter says he's the one that reminds her most her father

li jiong
01-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Wang Xuanjie had done many for diffusing Yiquan, but his ambit is still much lower than Wang Xiangzhai, as for Wang Yufang (Wang Xiangzhai's daughter), I don't think that she can real understand her father.

Yiquan Science (http://www.yiquando.com/)