PDA

View Full Version : What the he11 is a streetfighter?

rogue
11-20-2001, 10:02 PM
Is there a guideline to what one is?

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

LEGEND
11-20-2001, 10:05 PM
I'll be honest...if there was a such a thing that exist in this world nowadayz...that person wouldn't live long. Eventually he'll run in the knifefighter or gunfighter than it'll be over. LOL!

A

truewrestler
11-20-2001, 10:07 PM
haha, someone who fights on the street? Not for sport...little or no training...learns from experience...i guess

Kung Lek
11-20-2001, 10:08 PM
usually they are rival drug dealers.

or pimps, outlaw bikers, thugs, ne'er do wells, crooks theives, scumbags, and the like. These are the only folks that have reason to fight in the streets for the most part.

As for the rest of us civilized types, well me for one, practice Kung Fu to quell these types when they attempt to rob me in teh subway stations or streets where I live.

Now that I live in a bigger city, I see many more of the above variety of garden scum than I ever did when I lived in a prairie city with relatively low crime.

I am thankful for the kung Fu I was Taught now and I dread the misfortune of having to use it, but chances are good it will be tested here in the big city.

Still it can be avoided in many cases, stay out of large bars (I don't frequent anyway) don't wander the streets late at night, keep the car doors locked and all that.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

rogue
11-20-2001, 10:10 PM
They must exists, Vunak, Blauer and Peterson say they can train me to beat them. So I'm guessing that they are out there and want to beat me up. At least that's what the ads say.

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

SevenStar
11-20-2001, 10:11 PM
Ken, Ryu, Sagat...

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Badger
11-20-2001, 10:11 PM
1)A untrained fighter who has street smarts.
2)A trained fighter who is well rounded in all ranges & realistic techniques.

Badger

l

Kung Lek
11-20-2001, 10:12 PM
rogue I noticed that in your "title" you left out "Glee club member", did they kick you out when your voice changed? :D

peace

Kung Lek

MaFuYee
11-20-2001, 10:13 PM
there is only ONE streetfighter, (non capcom) his name: SONNY CHIBA!!! (*dramatic music*)

- neque mibi quisquam Judaeorum fabulas objiciat.

rogue
11-20-2001, 10:14 PM
That was low Kung Lek, just because I stalled out during puberty is no reason to pick on me. :(

Signed,

Kung Lek
11-20-2001, 10:15 PM
uh, and what about "dolemite"?

peace

Kung Lek

truewrestler
11-20-2001, 10:18 PM
Badger, I el agreeo! Badger el correto!

Shaolindynasty
11-20-2001, 10:20 PM
What about the guys from mortal kombat, tekken, dead or alive?

No but seriously streetfighters are the guys you used to see in video games like streets of rage. They usually have mohawks, shoulder pads with spikes and they carry around chains or bats. Now if you fight one and get hurt you can usually find some big roasts with a bone sticking out in an oil barrel off to the side. to open the barrel use punches/kicks or bust it open with a lead pipe and it will restore your health. I wouldn't worry about those guys I have defeated hundreds and saved all of metro city. Watch out for their boss though he usually has a special skill and a really wierd appearence.

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

rogue
11-20-2001, 10:29 PM
OK KL, since you insist
http://www.shockingimages.com/dolemite/graphics/front.jpg

BTW, yes that is my gun and I am happy to see her.

Signed,

Shaolindynasty
11-20-2001, 10:33 PM
Has anybody seen Shaolin Dolemite? That movie cracks me up. "Look out it's 2pac the westside monk!" "I challenge you",
2pac"hahaha",
"you laugh at me?"
2pac"Yeah you ain't "

That movie puts a hilarious spin on all the classic shaw type movies. Me and my friends used to make up dialoge for those movies like that, now sombody made it a movie.

MaFuYee
11-20-2001, 10:37 PM
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/kroyea/poster.gif

http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/kroyea/breath.gif

- neque mibi quisquam Judaeorum fabulas objiciat.

joedoe
11-21-2001, 12:26 AM
Is a street fighter someone who fights streets? :D

But streets ... don't hit back.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

MonkeySlap Too
11-21-2001, 12:42 AM
If a gunfighter fights with guns,

and a knifefighter with knives,

Doesn't it make sense that a streetfighter fights with streets?

Sounds pretty dangerous to me.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

rubthebuddha
11-21-2001, 12:47 AM
the best streetfighters of them all?

alex and ryan, from river city randsom.

worse graphics than double dragon, but you get stronger from eating cheeseburgers and reading comics. what more could one ask for? :p

-rtb

Jaguar Wong
11-21-2001, 01:48 AM
Comic Books, sorry man those were technical manuals on how to execute superb fighting techniques!! :mad:

:p :p :p

Rivercity Ransom rocked! I loved beating up thugs for change (litterally, you would be grabbing $0.50 for defeating opponents), so you could go to the bookstore and buy the DragonFist manual.

Rogue,
You seem to have a problem with Paul V. Are you really holding a grudge against JKD because of the JKD guy that eye gouged you at a children's soccer game? That's just low. You should wake up and adopt the winning principles that almost defeated you in an argument about lil' league soccer games. :p

Jaguar Wong
The 6th Deadly Venom!

Jaguar's Wife (To "Judo" Gene Lebell): "Excuse me, my friend (Tigerstyle) wants to know if we can take a picture of you choking him."
Gene LeBell (in a gravely voice): "If he don't mind, I don't mind."
- actual event from DragonFest 1999

rogue
11-21-2001, 05:42 AM
I still get the shakes every time I pass some kid in soccer gear Jag. :eek: ****, the burbs are dangerous!

Lately Vu's advertising just makes him an easy target.

The streetfighter remark wasn't aimed just at him but at all the guys selling ways to beat the ever present "streetfighter". As if there's one on every corner wearing a t-shirt that says "official streetfighter". Here's what peeves me, if the "streetfighter" is so **** dangerous how are 12 hours of training with intructor X (trainer of SEALS, SWAT and the BSA) going to let me beat him and any of his fellow streetfighters everytime? Sadly that's how many of these systems(RAT, SCARS, S.P.E.A.R, SAFTA, Krav Magna, Tai Chi Chuan, etc) get marketed. So if System Y is so good against a streetfighter, what skills does the streetfighter have that only instructor X's system can beat him?

Signed,

[This message was edited by rogue on 11-21-01 at 07:56 PM.]

Shaolindynasty
11-21-2001, 05:46 AM
That's why in those old games you had to fight like ten million of them. Remember every ten paces there was at least 5 you had to fight at once and this went on for like 10 stages. Like I said look out for mohawks, ripped shirts, spiked shoulder pads, big knives, bats, pipes.

SevenStar
11-21-2001, 05:55 AM
River City Ransom was the game. It's the only NES game that I will still play. One of my goals in life is to teach myself the stone hands and dragon feet techniques. I wish I could eat donuts and build will power, or eat pizza and make my defense better. All that junk food is probably why they were both so chubby though :)

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

NorthernMantis
11-22-2001, 08:12 PM
One thing I'm starting to get tired of is streetfighter this or streetfighter that.Like they're the ultimate fighter or something.Maybe I should go study streetfighting and not even mma's won't be able to stop me.

Point is they're not superhuman.They breathe,eat,bleed,and sleep just like me.Some people say oh that technique wont work cause they wont feel pain but if they do it to me I'm supposed to cower because I will feel it.What am I some fragile inferior being?.They don't train almost every day like do.I've been in their atmosphere.I've seen streetfights up close in this country and in Colombia.From what I've seen a many those "experienced" streetfighters don't know how to fight.They just go crazy and somone with a lucky hit wins.

Sorry to rant people but I'm getting tired of hearing how streetfighters are the only and ultimate authority in fighting.

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

Water Dragon
11-22-2001, 08:19 PM
If a gunfighter fights with guns,
and a knifefighter with knives,

Doesn't it make sense that a streetfighter fights with streets?

Sounds pretty dangerous to me.

Well I did get bricked in the head once. I guess that qualifies as he picked the brick up off the street.

apoweyn
11-22-2001, 08:24 PM
first things first: i LOVED river city ransom. god, i miss that game.

i like the original question though. i've been wondering this for a while. i think marketing has us suckered in a lot of ways. martial arts marketing would have us believe that live is a 24/7 fight for survival in some weird urban wasteland.

certainly, the need for self defense exists. and certainly, you'd hate to be caught without. but at the same time, in all the time i've spent in DC and Baltimore (each of which have reasonably high crime rates, i'd imagine), i've never been in a situation that didn't fit one of the two following criteria: 1) it couldn't have been avoided by better judgment or 2) martial arts training wouldn't have made the difference. in other words, if it was a bar fight, then i expect i could've avoided it. and if it was something more serious, then i doubt i'd have the chance to pull out the fu on them anyway.

that said, i expect the truth lies somewhere in the middle between the marketing and my wholesale rejection of the marketing.

what do you think?

stuart b.

Starchaser107
11-22-2001, 08:35 PM
Heard of this Choy lay fut instructor in Canada that does this streetfighting thing, his instructor from hong kong was a streetfighter/rooftop fighter? as well.

What is a STREETFIGHTER, just any average joe with a bad temper or gang affiliation that likes to brawl on the streets , or is it more of a deal like fight club where a STREETFIGHTER fights for money and it's an underground thing.

"everything is everything"

rogue
11-26-2001, 03:50 AM
I just got a TRS ad in the mail for a Chris Clugston tape. It promises to make me a master streetfighter. :p
So look out, I'll be waiting for you in a dark alley somewhere with my official streetfighter t-shirt on. :D

PS Please when entering the dark alley say something like "hello, is anybody there?" just so I can be ready. ;)

Signed,

rogue
11-26-2001, 05:10 AM
"Police crime statistics show there's a 93% chance you'll be assaulted in your lifetime!"

From the SCARS website.

Signed,

Royal Dragon
11-26-2001, 05:30 AM
Yup, that's me.........Now hand over your cash!!!!!

RD

Those that are sucessful are also the biggest failures. the difference between them and the rest of the failures is this, they keep getting up over and over again, until they succeed. "The more they try, the more they fail, BUT, the more they try & fail, the more opertunity they have to succeed, and succeed they do!!"

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site & Message Board.

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com or http://www.dreamwater.net/biz/royaldragon/