PDA

View Full Version : How many styles of Choy Li Fut exist?

Killer Nerd
11-22-2001, 11:12 AM
I've heard of the Hung Sing and Bak Sing branches. Can someone please tell me what other ones exist?

jimbob
11-22-2001, 11:44 PM
I always heard that hung Sing was the Chan Heung branch, buck sing came a generation later with Tam Sam and hong seng/hong sheng, even though it looks like a romanisation of hung sing, appeared with Cheong Hong Seng who was supposedly a contemporary and friend of Chan Heung.

My history isn't the best though- you may want to ask this on the southern boards for a more detailed answer.

CLFWolf
01-01-2002, 09:07 PM
You are missing the branch that holds the entire system created by Chan Heung. It is known as Chan Family Choy Lee Fut or Hung Sing Gwoon (as the first school opened by Chan Heung). This branch is the central one (not meaning to discredit the others) since is the branch that has been kept by all the direct descendants of Chan Heung. Chan Heung passed all his knowledge, writings and details of the entire system to his son Chan Koon Pak, who passed it later to his son Chan Yiu Chi, who paseed it to his son Chan Wan Hon, who passed it to the actual Jerng Mun Yun (keeper of the style) Chan Yong Fa. He resides in Sydney Australia nowadays and he holds the knowledege of the whole system developed by Chan Heung, his Great Great Grand Father. The system includes The whole system of empty hand forms, weapon forms, training dummies forms, the entire Lohan Qigong system, traditional Chinese medicine, and "the Six Magics of Choy Lee Fut" :eek: (this is very secret stuff, and few people know what is it about). Master Chan Yong Fa is an extraordinary Martial Artist and also a graduated in Kwangtung College of Chinese Medicine, specialized in bone setting, and has made a lot in order to expand the art of CLF through the world. For more information you can visit his websit: www.clfma.com