PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Yang Taiji form have back hand reverse punch (boxing cross)?

YouKnowWho
09-19-2014, 11:52 AM
In the following partial Chen Taiji clip, we can see a

- right side back hand reverse punch in the beginning of the clip.
- left side back hand reverse punch toward the end of the clip.

As far as I remember, I can't find such move in any of the Yang Taiji form. What do you think the reason may be? Comments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn0A1_AAfLA&feature=youtu.be

YouKnowWho
09-19-2014, 11:58 AM
We can also see such horizontal punches (boxing cross) in CXW's demo at 0.25. But we just don't see similar "powerful punch" demo in most of the Yang Taiji demo clip.

Your thought?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj6UaEay5Lg

sanjuro_ronin
09-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Because Yang is a pussified version of Chen.
:p

bawang
09-19-2014, 02:26 PM
its brush knee.

Subitai
09-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Yang does have it...you just have to look at "step - parry & punch". Also it's usually a vertical shaped fist and not a standard flat punch ala "Ping Choi"

jimbob
09-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Step up parry and punch

but I think Brush Knee is the obvious reverse punch/cross/straight.

bawang
09-22-2014, 09:33 AM
tai chi basic punches are single whip and reverse single whip. in the form its brush knee - reverse single whip.

jimbob
09-22-2014, 02:58 PM
brush knee is kick catch and strike

Yes indeed. The strike is what I thinking of.

David Jamieson
09-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Because Yang is a pussified version of Chen.
:p

^ l'agent provocateur
lol
:D
P.S Chen is a cheap copy of Shaolin cannon boxing and spring leg boxing.

Fa Xing
09-30-2014, 11:37 AM
^ l'agent provocateur
lol
:D
P.S Chen is a cheap copy of Shaolin cannon boxing and spring leg boxing.

According to Salvatore's new book, it's actually a cheap copy of Tongbeiquan. :p

YouKnowWho
09-30-2014, 12:46 PM
If Chen came from Yang, how can Yang be so different from Chen? Who took "back reverse punch (boxing cross)" out of Yang?

Shǎguā
09-30-2014, 01:01 PM
You've been given two simple examples of its existence in the Yang form - one with an open palm, the other with a closed fist.

A third example is one half of "box ears."

Why do you insist on asserting that it's not in the form?

Fa Xing
09-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Strike the Tiger is a low cross to the body and a hook to the temple, there's also a takedown in there.

YouKnowWho
09-30-2014, 01:28 PM
You've been given two simple examples of its existence in the Yang form - one with an open palm, the other with a closed fist.

A third example is one half of "box ears."

Why do you insist on asserting that it's not in the form?

I'm not looking for palm strike or vertical fist. I'm only looking for "horizontal back fist (boxing cross)".

When Lian Bu Chuan was used as the beginner training tool in Nanking Central CMA Institute back in 1928, since the "horizontal back fist (boxing cross)" was missing in that form and all teachers believed that it should be included in the beginner level training, it was added into Lian Bu Chuan.

bawang
10-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm not looking for palm strike or vertical fist. I'm only looking for "horizontal back fist (boxing cross)".

it doesnt exist in yang because it was removed for not looking beautiful.

When Lian Bu Chuan was used as the beginner training tool in Nanking Central CMA Institute back in 1928, since the "horizontal back fist (boxing cross)" was missing in that form and all teachers believed that it should be included in the beginner level training, it was added into Lian Bu Chuan.

because guo shu was all about connections and making money, not about combat. lian bu quan is a dog sh1t form.

traditional longfist "standard" wubu quan is small jab- small cross-big jab-big cross- dodge. the 5 techniques are changable so you have 5x5 =25 variations. this is also known as five elements.

xinyidizi
10-06-2014, 04:00 AM
In the following partial Chen Taiji clip, we can see a

- right side back hand reverse punch in the beginning of the clip.
- left side back hand reverse punch toward the end of the clip.

As far as I remember, I can't find such move in any of the Yang Taiji form. What do you think the reason may be? Comments?

because they might break their fingers if they try?