PDA

View Full Version : Unsettled Matters/Bruce Lee

Blacktiger
09-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Just finished reading this book by Tom Bleeker...

Interesting read to say the very least, anyone else here checked it out.

Thoughts?

Fa Xing
09-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Yeah, there is really no way to substantiate most of it. However, it does make you wonder about a few things that don't fit together when you read more pro-Bruce Lee biographies.

It really doesn't matter though, it has no effect on my ability to train.

Blacktiger
09-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Agreed - few things that don't add up.

I found the comments from Dan Inosanto interesting in regard to The Tao of Jeet Kune Do being published.

He was not happy - don't know how much truth is in these sentiments of course.

Jimbo
09-27-2014, 10:49 PM
I read it way back in the '90s. It really gave me the impression that Bleecker was a bitter, jealous man. I'm certainly not a Bruce Lee worshipper, and *it bugs the hell out of me* when people dub him "The Greatest Martial Artist Who Ever Lived". But Unsettled Matters just came across like a smear campaign...some of it plausible, and a lot of it petty B.S. I didn't need to know about BL's cryptorchidism, if he really did have it. I find it more than a bit creepy that Bleecker, who was married to Lee's widow for a time, would even know about something like that, much less put it in a book. It's obvious that Bleecker had an agenda, and IMO it had less to do with 'truth' than to drag someone's name in the mud out of some jealous spite.

I found it no better than the books that make BL out to be a some kind of demi-god.

Blacktiger
09-28-2014, 04:46 PM
I read it way back in the '90s. It really gave me the impression that Bleecker was a bitter, jealous man. I'm certainly not a Bruce Lee worshipper, and *it bugs the hell out of me* when people dub him "The Greatest Martial Artist Who Ever Lived". But Unsettled Matters just came across like a smear campaign...some of it plausible, and a lot of it petty B.S. I didn't need to know about BL's cryptorchidism, if he really did have it. I find it more than a bit creepy that Bleecker, who was married to Lee's widow for a time, would even know about something like that, much less put it in a book. It's obvious that Bleecker had an agenda, and IMO it had less to do with 'truth' than to drag someone's name in the mud out of some jealous spite.

I found it no better than the books that make BL out to be a some kind of demi-god.

Yes I think your spot on...