PDA

View Full Version : I find...

respectmankind
11-23-2001, 12:04 PM
I find my greatest strength in any form of MA I do is my "Rage Button" were I just willing make myself hate every ounce of the person I focus on (no matter who it is). Next to that, I am a big 17 year old, and with my size I have suprising grace. By grace I mean, when I just let go of thinking out my movements, I can move really natural. When I do that, I also find I feel more comfortable to go into meditational thoughts. Problem is, the gracefulness isn't quite Beauty, it is more efficent. ( i will be bringing this all to a question shortly) So, when I combine my trigger with this emptiness, and find I can do well directed, efficent, and strong attacks. I have already taken boxing and wrestling, as well as some Kung Fu (and the like). The question is, judging by that, anyone have an idea of what type of MA I should focues on. Just so people don't think I am gloating, which it sure sounds like, I also have big hold ups, such as lower body agility, fighting ability when I have not flipped teh 'switch', and severe ignorance of 'snapping' attacks. Any help?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-23-2001, 12:42 PM
i think you should always aim for efficiency. beauty is great if you are a ballerina, but the kung fu i have seen is fluent (and sometimes artsy when trying to get the hang of a new concept) but not beautiful. i say try to find the best school around and go to that one. if you have allot of options you may want to stick with an agressive style like baugua, wingchun, or mma's.

lower body agility? i know what you are saying, but you just need to repete your nickname over and over again while moving.

where's my beer?

honorisc
11-23-2001, 02:23 PM
I get the impression people might suggest Styles/Systems. Then you'll say yo don't have that near enough that you are willing to go. Yet you might need some ideas to look for the schools to find out that they are beyond your willing ness to get there frequently or at all.

Schools at which you should look are Yang T'ai Chi Ch'uan instruction.

What you need~ Study the stepping of a Golden- Harvest Video. And study intimidation under psychology.

But you theoretically would need techniques to which to put your strength, grace and emptiness. Samurai videos with subtitles will give you an idea of how to move at first. Bruce Lee videos would give you an idea about taking advantage of an open individual and basic striking theary and timing. you would also get a sense of timing and distanceing (ranging) from the subtitled samurai videos (the sword fights).

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

Budokan
11-23-2001, 07:43 PM
Did you beat up Tom yet? (He deserves it.) And did you meet again what you would be if you wasd a hot women attracted to you?

K. Mark Hoover

Wongsifu
11-23-2001, 08:01 PM
man you made me laff so hard !!!!!

:D :D
im still crying from laughter :D :D

no know is the movie warrior where as ralek is the video game warrior.

No_know is dubbed the "subtutled samurai warrior"

no know are you american dude ? or ?? is english your first language ? or do you just dwell for long hours on philosophical questions ???

This is because THC is not an alkaloid. It does not contain a nitrogen atom, therefore it is a terpenophenolic compound

IronFist
11-23-2001, 08:24 PM
you also might want to try cheque drops if you're looking for a burst of rage.

um on yeah but they're illegal.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

respectmankind
11-24-2001, 12:53 AM
lol, no i did not beat tom up. actually, he had nothing to do with the situation, was just a smartass i don't like when i decided to write in about the 'what i would be if i was a hot woman and was attracted to me'. having written that i feel like an idiot. lol

NorthernMantis
11-24-2001, 02:30 AM
GDA-

Kung fu is beautiful and I have seen a lot of kung fu styles.I don't see why everyone thinks a style can't be beautiful to be effecticve.I have not seen one ugly kung fu style yet.

Unity-

It is not wise to train with hate as it can lead to damage to the body.I told my sifu the same thing when I first began and I was told that it is the wrong way to train.If you train with anger you do not breathe properly and you can hurt yourself internally.I have read an article about training with anger.Anger is powerful in a sense of using technique but it is uncontrolable.Your mind gets clouded and you don't concentrate well on the technique.

Let's put it this way.When a predator and prey fight they do not fight out of anger.The prey doesn't hate the predator nor does the predator hate the prey.They're just trying to do what they do every day live.When doing forms you do not have emotion,no hate,no sandness,no nothing.You're mind is a complete blank.The mind works at it's best when it is not clouded.Hate clouds your mind.Take my advice.Hate is not the way to go.I sued to train like that at the start but I got past it.

If you need a style that has rapid leg movements I would suggest a northern kung fu style.

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

[This message was edited by NorthernMantis on 11-24-01 at 04:38 PM.]

Merryprankster
11-24-2001, 02:34 AM
Yes Luke! FEEL your anger!!

Sorry Northernmantis... had to be said! :)

Unity: Pick something that interests you train in it constantly. There are a ton of techniques in every art. You'll learn what works for you and what doesn't. Small man's style... big man's style... they don't exist. Just do it, and you'll glom on to the stuff that's good for you.

NorthernMantis
11-24-2001, 02:40 AM
:D

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

respectmankind
11-24-2001, 02:41 AM
Thanks, I think i will do that.

"Alright you primative screw heads listen up, see this, this is my BOOM STICK! 12 gauge double barrel Rimington, S-Marts top of the line. You can find this in a sporting goods department. Thats right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails about, 109.95, its got a walnut stock, kolbolt blue steal, and a hair trigger. Thats right, shop smart, shop S-Mart, YOU GOT THAT?!? Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me..." - Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness.