PDA

View Full Version : Chu Sau Lei Wing Chun Kuen Bagwork Oct 2014

aaron baum
11-02-2014, 02:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_di-dGpb5M&spfreload=10

Wu Wei Wu
11-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Irony that someone posts some decent bag work and no one comments, yet their are discussions about weight distribution of legs, straight Vs. circle, and of course the usual stuff pertaining to ancestry/history. Shows people like to talk theory and not support fight skill.

Good (bag)work Aaron!!! Thanks for posting.

Suki

LFJ
11-28-2014, 05:43 AM
...Judge much? :rolleyes:

The video has 9 likes and 0 comments on Youtube, meaning people can like it but not have anything to add, while all you added yourself was "good, thanks" besides the little shot on everyone else who didn't comment.

You come off as a judgmental, condescending twat with each one of your posts recently. You said discussions are a huge hindrance to a person's development of Wing Chun... in a discussion on a Wing Chun discussion board... :rolleyes: Talk about irony. What the hell are you doing here if you have nothing to contribute?

Wu Wei Wu
11-28-2014, 09:38 AM
I must have struck a nerve...

My support for the video is based on 1) good work ethic, 2) the application of Wing Chun within a functional framework and 3) an honest expression by a martial artist.

People who challenge the status quo are often considered heretics. The question is, why would someone feel so threatened by an indictment based on observation of the Wing Chun fraternity, so as to resort to petty insults?

Posting here is my business. How one interprets it, and whether they react, ignore or absorb is theirs.

Suki

sanjuro_ronin
11-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Nice work, the mix of western boxing and WC is well done.

LFJ
11-28-2014, 11:38 PM
The question is, why would someone feel so threatened by an indictment based on observation of the Wing Chun fraternity, so as to resort to petty insults?

You're making very stupid judgments about every member of this forum who engages in other Wing Chun discussions that are going on but didn't post "good, thanks" on this thread like you. Quit being a twat and insulting people you don't know and just contribute to the forum.

LFJ
11-28-2014, 11:56 PM

I don't see Western Boxing. All CSL Wing Chun, Chinese Boxing.

BillC.
11-29-2014, 09:14 AM
I don't see Western Boxing. All CSL Wing Chun, Chinese Boxing.

Agreed; it's all Chu Sau Lei Wing Chun.
I can see Aaron using 'Structure' in there.

PalmStriker
11-29-2014, 04:26 PM
:) All I see is boxing.

GlennR
11-30-2014, 03:44 AM

Yep, I'd agree with that

trubblman
12-16-2014, 04:15 PM

All I see is boxing. No bong sau tan sau fook sau lop sau. This is all striking to me.

LFJ
12-16-2014, 09:16 PM
All I see is boxing. No bong sau tan sau fook sau lop sau. This is all striking to me.

Joking, right?

trubblman
12-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Joking, right?

Totally serious

slick69
12-29-2014, 08:55 AM

Good boxing

Lee Chiang Po
01-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Looks like straight boxing to me. I have seen a lot of it, and this looks just like it.

anerlich
01-02-2015, 07:51 PM
I guess it depends whether you regard the elbow strikes, forearms, shoulder bumps and palm strikes as straight boxing or not.

I've seen a lot of straight boxing too and to my mind this has some differences from what most straight boxers do. More direct facing and use of the rear hand. Just my opinion.

Good stuff anyway, good posture and distancing, strong strikes, fast and powerful combinations. As a general rule we DO tend to quibble too much about irrelevant details on this forum.

I'd rather watch ten clips like this, than ten like the ones on the "WC revolution" thread.

ironpalm
01-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Anerlich, right on!

Wing Chun Kuen is a stand up boxing martial art.

Look at boxers, they all have different styles. Paciao is not Maywether or Ali, but nobody says about Paciao or Ali etc " this is not boxing", " he is not a boxer"

Excellent display of Aaron, power, structure etc. Can you deal with this? For me that is the question.

Steven