PDA

View Full Version : Elisa Lam

wiz cool c
11-12-2014, 06:18 AM
This is the freakiest true story I have ever heard. It’s being made into a movie this year. Has anyone ever heard of this before?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUW6m6SOP0

David Jamieson
11-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Common sense dictates that she was murdered by a current or former member of the staff there.
One who knew where the cameras were and who also had access to the rooftop water storage.
I understand she was found inside one of the water towers and that it was locked from the outside which indicates it was murder and that kind of access is also indicative of the killer being someone who worked at or used to work at the hotel.

I think it does her memory a great disservice to paint it out as a ghost story.

wiz cool c
11-12-2014, 08:42 AM
I disagree; the autopsy did not show any signs of foul play. And the video tape shows her tripping on drugs or having a psychotic episode. This can very well mean she thought she was being chased and in the psychotic state hid in the tank on her own will.

Jimbo
11-12-2014, 10:19 AM
I had never even heard of this story before, which is a bit surprising in itself. The synchronicities are quite strange, to say the least.

I don't think they were trying to classify it as a ghost story. They were making comparisons between the movies and the case. Although I don't think the security camera's position in the elevator is that big of a coincidence. It only makes sense it would be set in one of two rear corners. Whether the ultimate answer is a conventional one or not, one cannot deny the weirdness of it.

Why was the narrator talking like a robot whose batteries are running down?

David Jamieson
11-12-2014, 01:54 PM
I disagree; the autopsy did not show any signs of foul play. And the video tape shows her tripping on drugs or having a psychotic episode. This can very well mean she thought she was being chased and in the psychotic state hid in the tank on her own will.

so, putting someone in a full water tank and locking it isn't foul play?

Very well, I've got some bidneth to attend to! :p

wiz cool c
11-12-2014, 07:01 PM
I have been reading a lot about this case ,and have never heard of the tank being locked, the door leading to the roof supposably was locked and alarmed ,but not the tank. They said, how could she have gotten into the tank, cause they had to cut a whole to get her out, but that is cause the body bloated after being in the water tank for two weeks.And how could she have closed the lid after inside. As far as the lid being closed ,that is simple she could have opened it partially and slid in,gravity did the rest.

As far as the doors being locked, it is a liability issue. They should have been locked and if they weren’t they could be sued so they must insist they were locked. There are also the possibility that any workers that left things unlocked, could lock them after realizing an accident occurred to prevent themselves from being sued or fired for not taking the proper precaution.

wiz cool c
11-12-2014, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Jimbo;1278397]I had never even heard of this story before, which is a bit surprising in itself. The synchronicities are quite strange, to say the least.
I don't think they were trying to classify it as a ghost story. of it.QUOTE]

Some people are trying to say there were some supernatural events happening. With the history of the hotel having had 4 suicides and two serial murderers living there and killing people. There is also the really weird video of her before her death. At one point looks like she is talking to some invisible person, and if you watch closely when she enters the elevator after leaving it the first time, and when she walks away the second time after being outside the elevator, she moves her feet in some really strange ways.

I believe the reason is that she does have a history of bipolar disease and was on medication for it, and had taken drugs or was drugged, that combo can make you trip hard. When you are tripping hard you can do some weird stuff with your body that is very unnatural. Then there are all those very weird coincidences about the similarity of the movie and the drug testing kit with the same name as her.

Syn7
11-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Ascribing unknowns to the supernatural is simply irresponsible and ignorant.

wiz cool c
11-13-2014, 08:41 PM
or Viceversa. because there are things we still do not understand and lie beyond our scientific knowledge means they don’t exist. Like the soul or ghost,for example. I for one know for fact ghost do exist, I have had an experience of my own.