PDA

View Full Version : What´s the name of this movie?

bigboy71
11-24-2001, 01:20 AM
Hi everybody.

I know that tis is the wrong forum and I posted this question on the Martial Media and Popular Culture earlier.
I didn´t get any answer on that board so I hope I have better luck here with this repost.
When I was but a young lad, way back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth I saw a Kung Fu-flick on video. Back then I thought it was great, but I forgot all about it in time. A couple of months ago me and some friends were talking about movies we´d liked when we were younger and I suddenly remembered this one.
The only problem is that I can´t for the life of me remember the title of the bloody thing.
My recollections of the plot are somewhat hazy, but as I recall the hero was learning Kung-Fu to avenge something or another. The bad guy was a master of the "deadly finger styles" so the hero searched out masters who could teach him the various styles (index-finger style, ring-finger style and so on). However he is unable to beat the "Evil One" until he learns the deadly "thumb-style" which he uses to dispatch the aforementioned enemy. The movie ends rather gorily with the hero poking out the "Evil One´s" right eye and then shoving his thumb into his heart.
This was an old-school movie from the late seventies early eighties.
If anybody remebers the movie´s name, then please help a frustrated moviefan...

Thanks beforehand from a newbie to the forum

old jong
11-24-2001, 01:29 AM
I dont know about that movie but where in the world did you find such a nice name???? ;) ;) :D

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

bigboy71
11-24-2001, 02:24 AM
If you were wondering about the "OldDog"-thing...

It comes from the fact that I didn´t begin to train martial arts until after my 28:th birthday.
As I understand it this is fairly old (but not exceptionally so, thank God).
Now since I´ve been at it for a couple of years I am one of the older guys at the club.
I´m also one of the few guys left among the old gang, who is still a bachelor.
As for the "dog-part" (insert generic bad dog-genitalia joke here). It has to to with me owning an old greynosed Staffordshire Bullterrier. I also like to tell dirty jokes when drunk at parties as well as E-mailing them to my friends. Ogling beautiful women is also a favourite pasttime during the Swedish summer...
So the "nick" kind of invented itself among my friends and sundry webboards over time.
That´s about it in a nutshell.

So that´s my story, what´s the story behind your name

old jong
11-24-2001, 02:34 AM
I'm not very young myself (49) and young guys who dont know me generaly assume that I will be their "dummy" when they do chi-sau with me for the first time!...Oh the big surprise they have!
Nice to meet you Olddog. :)

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

bigboy71
11-24-2001, 03:28 AM
It´s good to hear that we guys from a slightly older generation still can keep the youngsters at bay.
I´ve sometimes had the same experiences with beginners who think that just because they haven´t turned twentyfive they rule the kwoon by virtue of their youth when they sparr or train with us older guys.
As I am fond of saying "Old age and treachery beats youth and speed every time".

BTW what is jong (from your nick).
Well im off to work (working nights sucks, but it pays the bills).
Nice to meet you as well, have a nice day (Sunday right?)

old jong
11-24-2001, 03:40 AM
A jong is what is known as the wing chun dummy.
http://www.ukwckfa.ndirect.co.uk/dummy_1.jpg
Here's a nice one!... ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

IronFist
11-24-2001, 09:58 AM
That is a nice one. Hey OldDog, if you want to see some dummies that suck, go see some of my threads in the Wing Chun forum. If you can't find them I'll give you a link.

Welcome to KFO.

I don't know the name of that movie, btw. Sucks that there's like 6 posts here and not one has answered your question yet :(

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

tiger lui
11-24-2001, 10:46 AM
old dog,old jong. i should change my name to ancient tiger,started training at 37 and have been going strong for 14 years,

old jong
11-24-2001, 03:24 PM
Yeah!...Old Tiger or Old Cat would be nice also. ;) We could start a "old" club! :D

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...