PDA

View Full Version : Hung Gar & Choy Li Fut

Mega_Champion
12-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Could someone outline in very simple terms the similarities and differences between these styles? I seem to remember Hung Gar is considered a purely Southern style whereas CLF has elements of Northern Shaolin in it - footwork and kicking perhaps?

pazman
12-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Could someone outline in very simple terms the similarities and differences between these styles? I seem to remember Hung Gar is considered a purely Southern style whereas CLF has elements of Northern Shaolin in it - footwork and kicking perhaps?

One is for fighting, one is for spiritual. Neither has Snake Engine or Monkey Beaks.

hskwarrior
12-15-2014, 03:55 PM
i can attest to no monkey beaks in choy lee fut

dcrjradmonish
12-15-2014, 06:21 PM

I once was told that CLF was created to beat hung gar guys. Not sure if it was true but the guy that told me was hung gar so always wonder my self.

Mega_Champion
12-16-2014, 02:17 AM
That's interesting. I could be wrong but I've always had the impression CLF employs swinging strikes and high kicks far more than Hung Gar - is this the case?

hskwarrior
12-16-2014, 10:21 AM
Mega_Champion

That's interesting. I could be wrong but I've always had the impression CLF employs swinging strikes and high kicks far more than Hung Gar - is this the case?

that's cause you don't know or understand either style.