PDA

View Full Version : The other white meat

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 12:01 AM
Do you eat pork? If not, why?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Xebsball
11-25-2001, 12:08 AM
I do, it tastes good.
My brother didnt eat it when he was little becouse he was alergic to it.

----------------------------
You brake my elbow i put your face in s.hit! HA HA HA, how about that, HA HA!
http://www.systemofadown.com/images/blurb3.jpg

Chang Style Novice
11-25-2001, 12:30 AM
Nope, I'm transitioning myself toward vegetarianism. I haven't eaten mammal flesh for a couple of years, and only eat chicken or seafood a couple times a week. I think I could give up poultry completely, but seafood is just too delicious for me to give up altogether.

My reasons are mostly ecological. I know that it takes a lot more farming to make the grain neccesary to raise animals for food than it does to get the equivalent amount of protien from beans, nuts, soy, whole grains, and on like that. I also know that humans (and meat crazed americans in particular) consume ridiculous portions of the world's resources, and sooner or later that's gonna come and bite us on the a$$.

Besides, eating meat too much makes me feel drowsy and sluggish.

gazza99
11-25-2001, 12:35 AM
I was not aware chicken was not considered a mammal? :D

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

straight blast
11-25-2001, 12:36 AM
I eat almost any meat. I can't think of any that I don't just off hand. So long as it's fresh & cooked properly (ok I don't mind it a little bloody sometimes) it's fair game. I love meat. I would be a full time carnivore given the chance. I love blood pudding.
You just can't get enough meat.
And yes, I do eat pork. Barbecue Pork spare ribs (chinese style of course) is one of my favourite dishes... :D

"Forfeit the game
Before somebody else takes you out of the frame
And puts your name to shame
Cover up your face
You can't run the race
The pace is too fast,
You just won't last!"

Chang Style Novice
11-25-2001, 12:48 AM
Gary, I see your smiley, but I don't see where I said or implied chicken is a mammal.

Of course Rolls is a chicken and a mammal, but he's just the exception that proves the rule.

Fish of Fury
11-25-2001, 01:11 AM
i just don't dig on swine.

i'm vegetarian, so i don't avoid pork for any particular reason especially, other that pigs aren't vegetables :)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

prana
11-25-2001, 01:14 AM
straight blast, you dont really eat humans flesh do ya ? :D :D :D :D

Gary, I didn't know a bird is considered a mammal ? But then again, I'm just a **** vege... hehe :D

Sharky
11-25-2001, 02:20 AM
no way i ain't eatin the hogs man, get that sh*t away from me.

filthy animal.

samuel l jackson sums it up for me.

plus it doesn't taste nice to me. i like chicken the most.

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-25-2001, 02:21 AM
i eat all meat and i eat it as raw as possible.

except pork and chicken . .. you got to cook that sh!t.

where's my beer?

Sharky
11-25-2001, 02:21 AM
why are there (i get from rap songs) a lot of black people in the usa that don't eat pork? they are not muslims afaik.

but then with rappers there's the whole adopting islam/christianity whenever it suits them thing.

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

Sharky
11-25-2001, 02:22 AM
you eat raw beef?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-25-2001, 02:22 AM
i bet gary feels really dumb.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-25-2001, 02:28 AM
hell yeah man. i always ask the cook to make my steak as rare as they are legally allowed to. some places i have it come back a warm bloody mess.

i'm the same way with burgers as long as i'm sure (as sure as i can be) that the meat is fresh. a burger just aint the same without blood (or that red dye they put in meat) dripping down your chin.

i know the risks involved because most meat isn't fresh, but if it weren't for that the healthiest way to eat meat would be raw. most of the nutrients in an animal are in the blood. the more you cook the meat the less nutricional value it has.

where's my beer?

Sharky
11-25-2001, 02:30 AM
didn't know that. fair enough, but i'm not sacrificing the taste for nutrients :)

Martial Joe
11-25-2001, 03:13 AM
Human meat tastes like pork...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Sharky
11-25-2001, 03:14 AM
not gonna ask.

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 03:19 AM
yeah sharky i think we better just leave that question unasked :)

Anywho i eat any meat i can get my hands on (dont even try making a gay joke about that :) ). I eat meat, i dont eat veggies, why? because they feel funny in my mouth, i've learned how to eat lettus (sp?) IF IT IS ACCOMPANIED BY A HAMBURGER, i can also eat lettus on a subway melt with lots of meat.

Fu*k i dont know why, mom tries to only eat veggies, she tried doing it to me but i always said no and ate meat, i guess i have it from my grandpa that did the same thing (and boy did he love me because i ate all the meat he gave me at the age of 2). Guess it's in my genes! Meat is good for you and veggies taste like **** :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Sharky
11-25-2001, 03:23 AM
i like having boiled veggies. if you kinda (nearly) overboil them, they become really soft and nice. lettice is indeed better in a sandwich.

you gotta eat your greens man ;)

Martial Joe
11-25-2001, 03:26 AM
A scientist wrote down that human meat taste like pork...how he knows that is a mystery to me...

I didnt eat any humans...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

bigboy71
11-25-2001, 03:30 AM
Vegetables are not food, food eats vegetables.

Fruits are vegetables that try to fool you by tasting good.

Fish are vegetables that move.

Mushrooms and other fungi grow on vegetables when the food is done processing it.

-If it can´t outrun you eat it!
"Carnivores for a vegetablefree diet"

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 03:32 AM
well i never eat my greens and i like my meat, i can eat fruits though (****it i'm just asking for it) fruits are great.

Anywho i've never eaten veggies, and i propably never will, when i was in USA though i had to eat all sorts of stuff and i was ok with it, i didnt like it, but it didnt taste horribly. I just dont like the way veggies feel in my mouth. I had to eat seaweed and stuff out in america because it was rude to turn down the food so i had to eat a whole bunch, and taste a whole bunch of weird tasting liqours.

joedoe
11-25-2001, 03:35 AM
Veggies are great.

But then again, I also love my meat, so meat rocks too.

Hell, all food is just great :D

PS That attitude is why I am so badly overweight right now.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 03:42 AM
i can eat anything i want and i never get fat, i'm just different shades of thin :) And it doesnt have a lot to do with training, i've always been thin.

Then again people tell me "oh yeah? wait until your 20 and we'll see how much you can eat then without it effecting you". So .. we'll see :)

prana
11-25-2001, 04:51 AM
dont worry, I am passed that and am still grossly underweight.

58kgs-63kgs at about 178cms for the last 5 years or more.

diego
11-25-2001, 04:53 AM
i dont eat beef cuz im vegetarian:
dont eat turkey pork chicken or hamburger,cuz to me thats suicide;self murder!!.ya it's b.d.p.=

MonkeySlap Too
11-25-2001, 05:03 AM
I eat pork when I am conditioning my bones. The teacher that instructed me in this training stressed the importance of this. I can't really say if it has made a differance one way or the other.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 05:10 AM
i´m a bit more (but exactly the same height).

I'm around 65-68 (varies from day to day).

And that's only after i lifted weights for a year using Creatine and the works to gain a bit.

SKINNY POWER.

joedoe
11-25-2001, 05:21 AM
Well boys, I am 175cm and 100kg. Keep eating the way I do and neglect the training now and then and you too can achieve a flabby physique like mine :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Fish of Fury
11-25-2001, 06:52 AM
hey qeySuS

you really are pushing it man.

if you start on about how you like your hamburger pushed between a pair of buns, we'll have to start seriously bagging you.

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 07:12 AM
i see mention of beef, pork, fishies, chicken, turkey, but not a single one of you has mentioned lamb.

quick suggestion: go hit your local greek shack and grab some lamb souvlakia, then rethink your perspective.

yeah, i eat most meats, pork included. chicken bores me, but fish and shellfish are the bestest.

-rtb

Johnny Hot Shot
11-25-2001, 07:15 AM
What about Elk, Moose, Venison (Bambi) :D

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 07:16 AM
and no, pork isn't our only option

image:www.rub-the-buddha.cityslide.com/i/1/15/150/1502/Catsotherwhite.jpg

-rtb

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 07:17 AM
dang, that worked well. try this instead:

http://www.rub-the-buddha.cityslide.com/albums/album_image.cfm/7945/797/3818

-rtb

Pika
11-25-2001, 07:22 AM
It would be difficult to get enough protein without using replacements on a vegetarian diet.

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 07:55 AM
Cool, we have a lot of vegetarians and QeySus likes to eat banannas.

Monkeyslap...What part does eating pork play in conditioning your bones?

I like my veggies crunchy. When you cook them too much, you lose all the nutrients anyway, unless you drink the water you cooked them in.

I've had beef cooked rare on a number of occasions, but It's not my most favorite thing in the world. I'll leave that to you, GDA

" - nightair

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-25-2001, 09:00 AM
thanks man.

i'll take scraps.

where's my beer?

IronFist
11-25-2001, 09:29 AM
I don't eat beef (ie. cow) but it's not for hippy reasons, it's because it's taxing on the body to digest it.

I eat chicken, fish, pork, etc, just no beef. I've done this for about 4 years now.

I'm skinny like QeySuS, except I've managed to put a bit of muscle on. I wonder how much bigger I'd be if I ate a lot of beef, because it's calorific, and has natural creatine in it... not that much, but still. Oh well.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 01:09 PM
i actually love bananas but i decided not to include that in my little roundup because it was getting bad enough.

shaolinboxer
11-25-2001, 04:31 PM
I eat all meats, mostly chicken, pork, and turkey.

A good cut of pork is high in protein and low in fat.

Lamb is my favorite. And once a month a big fat juicy steak!

Budokan
11-25-2001, 04:40 PM
I like eating little helpless animals that were raised for no other reason than to fill my stomach, especially since it hacks off the PETA people so much. I enjoy crunching their small bones, ripping their barbequed flesh with my teeth and cutting them up into bite-sized nuggets. Yum!

By the way, chickens are not any cleaner than pigs--take a walk through a chicken coop someday, it'll make you puke.

K. Mark Hoover

Goldenmane
11-25-2001, 04:54 PM
Chowin' down on animal flesh = good.

Don't really like pork, but bacon and ham are nice. Pity they are usually done with nitrates these days.

Guinea pig is tasty. Kangaroo and emu are good, but pretty strong on the taste... emu is gamey as he11. Duck is ok. Crocodile is nice... kinda like snake, which is also good, though it's the texture which gets most people. Rabbit is nice, though a bit gamey for many people and not so good to eat here down in Oz these days (gotta worry about that Calici (sp?) virus).

Veges are great. Fruit is good, too.

I just hate having to eat so **** often, frankly. It's nice, but I got more interesting things to do than skin food and the like.

-geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

JWTAYLOR
11-25-2001, 06:17 PM
Pork is God's Holy food.

Think about it in Biblical terms. For the Jews, God made them his chosen people. For the Gentiles, we got pork. Considering the history of God's chosen people, and the fact that all things tasty come from the pig, I think I came out on top of this deal.

I shot a deer this weekend, then I butchered it, and my wife cooked up a bit of the tasty backstrap right off the deer, and we ate it. Later this year, I will kill and eat all sorts of things. Most likely I will kill and eat a ferrill hog, a Javelina, numerous Quail and Dove, and maybe a couple of different types of deer. I really don't have to buy much meat, as I have a more aggressive form of shopping.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 07:36 PM
Deer is pretty good. I like buffalo better. That's good stuff.

" - nightair

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 07:56 PM
rubthebuffaloburgers :p

-rtb

Kung Lek
11-25-2001, 08:17 PM
I eat what I can afford to eat.
And I'll eat what is available to me when I am hungry.
Being Human, we are lucky to be omnivorous, not to many animals are.
Meat is a quick source of high protien which is key, but it also must be eaten with consideration to what your body needs to do to break it down into the energy to use.

so, having said that, here's some science for ya.

Beef, takes about as much energy to digest and transform to energy as it gives you, so therefore, it tastes good but it is not the most efficient way of getting protien.

Chicken or foul takes less energy with turkey meat being the best of all farm foul and wild game being the best source this is true of all wild game, IE: venison is better than beef and so on.

Fish is the most efficient way to acquire protien as it requires the least amount of energy to process with the highest returns in energy gained.

Other sources of protiens such as Legumes (beans and the like) nuts, cheese, eggs, and others require that you consume a lot of them and therefore are not considered efficient sources of energy.

vegetarians whether they like it or not must consume large amounts of food to get the energy they require. When the vegan is young they will not notice the need but once they pass the 30yr mark they will need to consume more or they will forfeit muscle mass.

Vegetarian also produce higher yeilds of greenhouse gasses (yes methane) and must consume more quantities of food. hence the 3 meal a day vegatarian over the age of 30 is generally the skinny guy that doesn't have a lot of muscular strength.

So while vegetarianism is a noble way for our fuzzy and feathered friends it is not the best way to gain energy for strenuous exercise.

Qigong and Yoga like exercises are much better for the vegan and hard stuff like Kung Fu, Karate, Judo et al, well, ya needs your protien!

It is also good to keep in mind that protiens are now being synthsized and the use of meat is not necessary in this day and age and large amounts can be had by using these synthesized versions. However, they cost a lot more than just having the meat.

Meat also leaves residues in the bowels which in turn must be cleansed or can cause you problems with obstuctiosn and so on. The more you cook something the more carcenogens it releases into your system. so if you have a steady diet of well done steaks you are likely to be less healthy than the vegan.

There are many contributing factors to ones health but a key one to be sure is ones diet and exercises regimen.

so, eat what you want, drink lots of water, exercise regularly, and get enough rest and if you're really health concious get yourself an enema now and then. Unless your a bit of a prude and a ****phobe :D , and girls, that goes for you too.

so, I eat what I can afford, and I eat what is available to me.
peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 08:31 PM
How cheaply can one eat for the period of a month, assuming that a fridge and microwave are available? I'm talking about USA California area :) I'm not very picky, fruits for breakfest, noodlesoup later on and stuff like that (i dont eat a lot in between meals).

Colin
11-25-2001, 08:55 PM
A chicken is technically a warm blooded reptile.
It lays eggs and is closer related to a tyrannasarus Rex then to a pig. So it certainly isn't a mammal.
As for eating meat, I am a vege and have been for about 18 years!
I chose to give up eating meat because I have the ability to choose!
The thing that separates us from nearly all other living creatures is that we have a level of intelligence, that enables us to make concious decisions about what we do and don't do on a moral basis.
The Lion eats meat to survive. It doesn't really have a choice, it's enviroment dictates what it eats.
We however as human beings alter our enviroment to suit ourselves, we therefore also have the ability to choose what we want to eat.
I don't really feel like I want to eat the dead muscle tissue from an animals corpse. It actually sounds quite disgusting, don't get me wrong though, if I was in a plane crash in the Andies i'd use my martial skills to kill you first then eat you!
We in the "Civilized west" no longer need to grow animals for food. We have the money and the products available to us to find meat free alternatives.
To me eating a pig or cow is no real difference to eating a human child.
I do however feel that veganism is unhealty as there are certain amino-acids that we NEED for optimum health that can only be acquired from animal products. Therefore drinking milk, and eating vege cheese (without animal renet in it) is essential.

I do however sometimes dream about a crispy bacon sandwich, with loads of ketchup!

peace luv & whaabits.....

CT.

note: don't start me on the egg thing!

Chang Style Novice
11-25-2001, 09:01 PM
"To me eating a pig or cow is no real difference to eating a human child."

I have A Modest Proposal for you, Crawling Tiger...

:eek: :p

Kristoffer
11-25-2001, 09:03 PM
mmmmmm,, humAn chiiild *gagaaahhaaa* (drooling) :D

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

Colin
11-25-2001, 09:09 PM
"To me eating a pig or cow is no real difference to eating a human child."
I have A Modest Proposal for you, Crawling Tiger...

CSN, I don't understand what you mean I don't eat children either!

Kung Lek, I'm a wee bit surprised you feel that external arts are not really suited to vegetarians, I bet you many of the Shaolin Monks are vege, as are many millions of people in china that practice hard styles.

Carl lewis, Martina Navaratalova, and Mike Tyson are all vegetarians!

Colin
11-25-2001, 09:12 PM
OK!
So the Tyson lines a lie, but you had to think about it didn't you!

CT............

Chang Style Novice
11-25-2001, 09:14 PM
Crawling Tiger -

I was trying to work in a clever reference to the satirical essay "A Modest Proposal" by Johnathon Swift, in which he says the Irish should solve their famine issues by devouring their children. Sorry the gag didn't connect.

JWTAYLOR
11-25-2001, 10:01 PM
Well I thought it was funny.

Jon "I don't eat nothin that aint got a chin" Wayne Taylor

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Colin
11-25-2001, 10:11 PM
My apologies for my lack of literary knowledge.

I thought Irish people ate their children anyway! Isn't that why they have so many? just like Asians (Indian, Pakistani, Bangaladeshi)
or am I wrong again?

CT..

===================
Mmmmmmmmmm! sheep. Girlfriend one minute, dinner the next!

Kung Lek
11-25-2001, 11:14 PM
Crawling Tiger.
I didn't say you "couldn't" do hard martial arts and be totally vegan, you have to consume a lot of food to have the energy required to do the vigorous stuff.

I have noticed that in the west, the martial arts are not the mainstay of ones practices in daily life as they are at teh shaolin temple of old or for the 50 or 100 guys that are there today.

As for all the vegans I have met, for the most part they are an emaciated lot that for the most part do not have the same muscle strength as yer average meat eater who exercises at the same rate. what can I say, it's just experiential observation.

My father is a vegan, does tai chi and yoga for going on 40 years now. His strength when he was my age is not equal too my own. I eat meat, he does not. as I grwo older the comparison grows wider and wider. I will stick to maximum protien intake to maintain the strength required for vigorous activity as is within Kung Fu practice of the style I do.

peace

Kung Lek

Colin
11-26-2001, 12:13 AM
Your dad does Tai Chi, cool!
I agree most vegans are skinny, but most veges aren't. (personal experience)
We're lighter and faster on our feet not being weighed done by the weight of unnecessary muscle, and fat.
Also it has been proven that on average a vegetarian will live for up to 5 years longer than someone that eats red meat. This could be because veges also are in general more aware of their health, or because our colesterol levels are so low. Either way I can see no reason for anyone who lives a normal life to eat meat as a means of improving their health. Providing that you take care to ensure there are no deficiencies in your diet.

regards
CT........

Kung Lek
11-26-2001, 12:17 AM
ok, so you get to live to 95 and I get to live to 90.

I'm taking out chickens on the way and you're not.

5 years, yeesh If I was a woman, I would still live longer :D

peace

Kung Lek

prana
11-26-2001, 12:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I eat what I can afford to eat.
And I'll eat what is available to me when I am hungry.
[/quote]
Sometimes it is the only way to survive. Also saves annoying others with strict rules. But maybe that is why I avoid going out and eating with others, to save this trouble.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> vegetarians whether they like it or not must consume large amounts of food to get the energy they require. When the vegan is young they will not notice the need but once they pass the 30yr mark they will need to consume more or they will forfeit muscle mass. [/quote]
To add to this point, though valid to many a people, if one has their heart center opened, because of the building of compassion for animals etc, their consumption of food drops because the winds are not as scattered, and the fires are tamed. Although, those vegetarians who continue to do it for other reasons may not experience this effect soon enough, especially those who continue to hurt and kill living things.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Vegetarian also produce higher yeilds of greenhouse gasses (yes methane) [/quote]
Are you sure Methane is a green-house gas ? I don't know much about the green-house gases, so please spare a few words :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Qigong and Yoga like exercises are much better for the vegan and hard stuff like Kung Fu, Karate, Judo et al, well, ya needs your protien!
Meat also leaves residues in the bowels which in turn must be cleansed or can cause you problems with obstuctiosn and so on. The more you cook something the more carcenogens it releases into your system. so if you have a steady diet of well done steaks you are likely to be less healthy than the vegan.
[/quote]
I second, thanks
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> To me eating a pig or cow is no real difference to eating a human child.
[/quote]
I feel this way too, but others may not wish to hear of such. Actually, human meat, if murdered, is just meat, like animal meat. It is the attachment to their own kind that makes people differentiate from it.
Though sometimes I say this if I feel like a troll, abour eating meat being like eating their children, usually, it's better left for what they wish for.

My smallish thoughts are, as we feel for animals, we also feel for the friends who choose to eat meat. It may be your friend, your brother, mother, cousin or even your child, and they are your loved ones, and they may not neccessary follow your flow of thoughts. IMHO, it is only to mention it to them if they are curious or ask, otherwise, it makes them generate more negative karma, or worst, ripen it by hearing these thoughts.
Of course, if they were your enemy, then you tell them that the Fire beings in hell will cook their ass hehehe :D Sorry terrible joke there.

BTW, I ain't vegan, but vegetarian. And as many of you pointed out, skinny and lacking in muscles. Also, always catching cold and flus and suceptible to hayfevers and sinus headaches, possibly due to very low body fat. So agreeing with you here.

Sorry if I created more controversy

Fish of Fury
11-26-2001, 01:49 AM
i love children...but i couldn't eat a whole one!

******, am i the only vegetarian who's not thin?
i've probably got subclinical kwashiorkor (or i could just be a lardarse)

good thoughts prana

Kung Lek
11-26-2001, 06:58 AM
prana, yes, alas, ****s are a greenhouse gas :(

hundreds of thousands of factory farms with pigs and cows contiribute to greenhouse gas production.

the problem is not the animals, it is the mass production of them for mass consumption.

To me, there is only one true vegetarian and that is the vegan.
Those who eat eggs and by products are not vegetarian and are skirting the issue. But this is just my opinion. either way, you are using the animal to serve your needs. Which is more cruel death or slavery?

Or, which is more in the natural order of things?

It depends on ones perspective entirely. To bring death to a bird so that I may live another day is natural to me, if there was no bird around then potatoes or some such other thing would do just as well.

Canaballism leads to imminent disease. this is why it is rarely practiced even in the animal world. There is reason for it in the animals such as drought or to bring a female back into estrus as male cat will kill a cub. But for the most part same animals do not eat same animals.

Insects are the only ones who can get away with rampant cannabilism. Mammalian life forms cannot subsist through it. it is rare, even in humans, but not unheard of.

peace

Kung Lek

Jeff Liboiron
11-26-2001, 07:03 AM
I can't believe this thread has a five star rating :D

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

Martial Joe
11-26-2001, 07:18 AM
Aligator tail is some good stuff...

SevenStar
11-26-2001, 09:29 AM
I can't believe it either. I think it's cool that it's lasted so long though

" - nightair

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-26-2001, 10:34 AM
actually human meat is poisoness humans.

enough of it can kill you.

.. . one of the only things i remeber from highshcool

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-26-2001, 10:36 AM
you can starve to death on an unlimited supply of rabbit too.

where's my beer?

wooha
11-26-2001, 01:49 PM
I eat most types of meat, but I gave up eating pork quite a while ago. I find I feel pretty dodgy after eating it.

I read somewhere that pork tends to react badly with the immune sytem, possibly something to do with how similar it is to human meat. It's interesting to note that the pig is chosen as the most appropriate animal for organ transplants.

This page (http://www.unn.ac.uk/societies/islamic/misc/pork.htm) has some more ideas, but obviously they're just a little biased.

Besides, I think pork tastes like a farmyard smells.

Bleh!

GeneChing
03-11-2016, 10:28 AM
It's probably totally inappropriate to post this here, but the news caught my eye... It was here or the Bacon (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?48509-Bacon!!!!!!) thread. :o

Chinese boy’s sight saved after he receives transplant from part of a pig’s eye (http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/1923046/chinese-boys-sight-saved-after-he-receives-transplant-part-pigs)
PUBLISHED : Friday, 11 March, 2016, 1:13pm
UPDATED : Friday, 11 March, 2016, 1:13pm
Kathy Gao kathy.gao@scmp.com

http://cdn3.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486x302/public/images/methode/2016/03/11/fc615efe-e743-11e5-9c87-1b0e9fb1e112_1280x720.jpg?itok=_KtW3z6N
A surgeon with the cornea used in the transplant. Photo: Sina.com

Doctors in southern China have successfully transplanted part of a pig’s eye on to a 14-year-old boy to help save his sight, according to a newspaper report.

The cornea transplant was successfully carried out by a medical team from Zhongshan University in Guangzhou, the Southern Metropolis Daily reported.

The boy from Jiangxi province in southeast China nearly lost the sight in his right eye after he was injured by a firecracker earlier this year, the newspaper said.

The surgery was carried out late last month and the boy was able to see a week after the procedure, according to the article.

Doctors were quoted as saying that his vision was likely to further improve with more treatment.

The surgery was the first of its kind in southern China, according to the report.

There is a shortage of human corneas available for transplant in China because demand far exceeds the number donated, the report said.

Yuan Jin, a professor at the university’s ophthalmic centre, was quoted as saying that the method of transplant means about one-third to half of the five million patients suffering from corneal blindness in China could be helped.

The cornea is the transparent layer at the front of the eye that protects it and also acts as a lens.

GeneChing
05-24-2016, 02:37 PM
I think we may have posted something on the human meat in tuna cans story, but I'm way too tired to find it right now. :(

China forced to deny it is 'marinating dead bodies, putting them in cans and selling them in African supermarkets' after Facebook hoax goes viral (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3599649/China-forced-deny-marinating-dead-bodies-putting-cans-selling-African-supermarkets-Facebook-hoax-goes-viral.html?ITO=applenews)

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Photographs circulated on social media claimed to human body in factory
Led to claims China was selling dead bodies as a meat product in Africa
China demanded an investigation into the rumours as well as an apology
Hoax image revealed to be from a 2012 publicity stunt for Resident Evil 6

By IMOGEN CALDERWOOD FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 14:59 EST, 19 May 2016 | UPDATED: 11:33 EST, 20 May 2016

China has been forced to deny claims that it is marinating dead bodies, canning them and selling them as a meat product in Africa, after a bizarre Facebook hoax went viral.
Rumours of the alleged trade in human meat first began circulating on social media thanks to a series of photographs of what appeared to be skinned people in a meat factory.
Zambian press was accused of encouraging the rumours, after publishing articles that quoted alleged sources from inside the Chinese meat factories.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/19/20/3462AAA800000578-3599649-image-m-2_1463687182307.jpg
Hoax: China had to deny rumours that it was selling its dead bodies to Africa as a 'corned beef' meat product, after these macabre images were circulated on social media

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/19/20/3462AAA000000578-3599649-image-m-4_1463687225442.jpg
Rumours: China accused Zambian press of encouraging the allegations, after reports were published that claimed to quote sources from inside Chinese meat factories saying that the idea was sparked when China ran out of space for its dead bodies

According to the alleged sources, the idea to use human meat came when China ran out of space to dispose of its dead.
Others claimed Beijing preferred to save its 'good meat' for richer, more powerful countries.
But China's ambassador to Zambia has issued a furious denial of the allegations.
‘Today a local tabloid newspaper is openly spreading a rumour, claiming that the Chinese use human meat to make corned beef and sell it to Africa,' said Yang Youming, according to China’s Xinhua news agency.
‘This is completely a malicious slandering and vilification which is absolutely unacceptable to us. We hereby express our utmost anger and the strongest condemnation over such an act.’
He reportedly claimed that the rumours were being circulated by 'people with ulterior motives were attempting to destroy the long-standing partnership between Zambia and China’.
China denies reports of selling human flesh to Zambia

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/19/20/3462C19900000578-3599649-image-a-5_1463687257092.jpg
Revelation: While the images shared on social media had many fooled, a hoax-busting website showed that at least one of them was taken as a publicity stunt for video game Resident Evil 6. Pictured, a publicity shot from the Resident Evil campaign - which is suspiciously similar to the 'Chinese' photos shared on Facebook

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/19/20/3462C18200000578-3599649-image-a-6_1463687260398.jpg
Bizarre: The image, which appears to show a dead human body in an abattoir, was actually taken during a publicity stunt in London's Smithfield Market

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/19/20/3462C1A200000578-3599649-image-a-7_1463687265698.jpg
Probe: China's ambassador to Zambia called for an investigation into the allegations, which led to an apology from the Zambian Deputy Defence Minister Christopher Mulenga

One Facebook user shared the images alongside the caption: ‘Chinese people have started producing corned beef with their dead bodies and sending them to Africa.
‘Please stay away from corned beef irrespective of brand, most especially in Africa and from Afro-Asian grocery shops.’
While the gruesome photographs were enough to fool many, hoax-busting website Snopes.com pointed out that at least one of the images was from a 2012 marketing campaign for the video game Resident Evil 6.
The image, which appears to show a dead human body in an abattoir, was actually taken during a publicity stunt in London's Smithfield Market.
A fake shop, called Wesker & Son Resident Evil Human Butchery, sprang up at the market selling meat products shaped to resemble human body parts.
Nevertheless, China's ambassador to Zambia called for an investigation into the allegations, which led to an apology from the Zambian Deputy Defence Minister Christopher Mulenga.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/19/20/3462C18B00000578-3599649-image-a-11_1463687419214.jpg
Stunt: A fake shop, called Wesker & Son Resident Evil Human Butchery (pictured), sprang up at the market selling meat products shaped to resemble human body parts

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/19/20/3462C19500000578-3599649-image-a-9_1463687408758.jpg
Creative: The Smithfield butchers made what appeared to be human body parts out of animal products, such as pork, as a publicity campaign for the video game in 2012

‘The government of Zambia regrets the incident in view of the warm relations that exist between Zambia and China,’ he said, as reported by China’s Xinhua News Agency.
‘We shall make sure that relevant government authorities will take up the investigations and give a comprehensive statement.’
The countries have strong business ties, but China’s growing influence in Zambia has created tension with locals who accuse China of paying low wages and allowing dangerous working conditions.

-N-
05-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Here you go :eek: