PDA

View Full Version : Zen Celt, WD and anyone else with women that don't want to have anything to do with MA...

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 12:43 AM
I finally got the Mrs. to start training. She will not go to the school though, meaning that I have to teach her. three days a week I'll have her doing longfist and two days per week, boxing drills and jogging. If Iron and I can ever get Turiyan to post that frickin link, then she can start the chi in two weeks program too! :)

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Johnny Hot Shot
11-25-2001, 02:58 AM
Your MRS sound like mine. Do you have a Dojo in your garage? I do that is where we train, Sometimes it's fun.
Sadly though my wife is one of those people who would be better off taking something like ballet or yoga and bying a gun. :rolleyes: Sad but true.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Sharky
11-25-2001, 03:00 AM
my sister wants me to teach her, but i know she doesn't really have the heart (or the time) to stick with it, so i don't bother.

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 03:10 AM
wow your nicer to your females then i am (i know i'm a ferengi).

I usually like training time to be time for me and me alone, i want it to be the time when i just dont have to worry about anything from the "outside world". And consequently i dont like having family members or good friends around, since most of the time my friends want to talk a lot more then they want to train. Now i make friends at the dojang of course, that's an entirely different matter, i know they are there to train as well. But having family members, and worst of all my GF (well i dont have one now *surprise*) is something i couldnt do.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Martial Joe
11-25-2001, 03:12 AM
Tell her that sex with you is a great part of the training...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 03:19 AM
I wish I had a training area. I plan on looking into moving into a house early next year, for now I'm in a apartment, but I have a §hitload of equipment. Right now she's doing stance training, calesthenics and boxing drills. She's got amazingly good hands and she's flexible :) but she's lacking in the strength and heart departments. What I'm considering is just having her do stancework, calesthenics, cardio work and weight training for now. that will get her into shape and hopefully get her even more motivated, then we can really start to work.

" - nightair

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 03:20 AM
Actually, that is an integral part. It allows us to exchange chi and also burns apprx. 7500 calories per year! not to mention the stance training and body alignment...

" - nightair

Sharky
11-25-2001, 03:25 AM
7500 calories a year?

you only burn 1 calorie per bone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 03:33 AM
quickshooter?

Martial Joe
11-25-2001, 03:34 AM
Sevenstar that is incorrect...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

joedoe
11-25-2001, 03:35 AM
They call him the minute man :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Martial Joe
11-25-2001, 03:36 AM
So thats where that term came from...

Hey check out my new hat...

...its in my profile...

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 03:41 AM
INFIDEL!!!!

Tuborg is the only real thing.

Sharky
11-25-2001, 03:41 AM
with that shirt on, you don't look like a martial artist. no sir.

you look like FUENTES the spanish harlem PIMP.

From now on, i call you ESSE eh amigo.

Martial Joe
11-25-2001, 04:16 AM
alright
haha...

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 04:19 AM
i actually have a shirt like that and often wear it at home, but i dont let anyone else see it because they always make fun of it ;) But it's comfy.

I want the Vale Tudo BadBoy TankTop from www.mmagear.com (http://www.mmagear.com) man that's a cool one.

Sharky
11-25-2001, 04:22 AM
i wear vests all the time.

although yeah, only in certain situations, cos i know that say, if i wore it out on a normal day, or to a club, i would look like a tosser.i wear ti nly if it's very hot, at home, or when i want to look like a tosser.

or impress girls with my muscles - obviously.

but nah i am very concious of stuff like that. i always wear one but usually under a shirt or something. i know i would look liek a **** - because when i see someone wearing one i thing " jesus, what a ******* **** "

See?

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 04:25 AM
same thing here :) But that BadBoy vale tudo! rrrr i'd propably just wear it to gym class or something.

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 04:34 AM
more like the 1000 minute man....

That statistic came from something I read on the net a few days ago. Sex 3 days a week for an hour (I believe that was the interval they used) burns about 7500 calories per year. Of course for most of us studs, it's more frequent and a lo9nger duration than that, which kills the statistic's results.

" - nightair

zen_celt
11-25-2001, 05:29 AM
Please, share with us the secret technique you used to convince your wife to train.

I have trouble just getting my womens comfortable with the fact I do MA, much less getting them to do it. I've got the girl from the other post training with me in the gym(she already does cardio ;) but now I'm starting her on weights 'cuz she wants more muscle tone), though, so maybe, just maybe, Kung Fu will come next. Maybe when she finds out I prefer to train with no shirt on she'll come around :D . Hmm, maybe I should make that a requirment for all practices...

Either way, I'd like to know how you got your wife convinced.
-Z

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

Johnny Hot Shot
11-25-2001, 05:32 AM
Why? I have a ton of women in my Kick boxing class. More than I have ever seen in any Dojo (whatever)? Why is that

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Sharky
11-25-2001, 05:36 AM
The number of times i've heard is " i liked the kata/forms, but i hated the sparring so i just left. "

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

zen_celt
11-25-2001, 05:41 AM
Robin..can you help us with this one please?
-ZC

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 05:44 AM
kickboxing is a fad. Well, cardio kickboxing anyway, as is aerobox. Everyone is talking about the break in aerobics monotony that these two classes offer and they rush to get into it. Look at Tae Bo. Women flocked to it like nobody's business. Then cardio kickboxing and aerobox took off. If kung fu were the latest craze, I bet they would flock to it also.

Zen_celt, try (yuck) Tae Bo with her, or if you have any boxing experience, show her some boxing techs. If she starts to enjoy it (make it seem fun, as if she's not learning to defend herself, she's just doing something fun as a means of exercise) afterwards, try to move her towards kung fu. If she doesn't agree, then keep her with boxing or kickboxing, but make her pay closer attention to proper technique. That's what I did. At first, she would throw wild punches at the focus mitts to break a sweat, in addition to light shadowboxing. Next I started showing her the proper mechanics to the punches. She has a **** good cross now, and a powerful hook, but she telegraphs it too much. She's working on it though, and was doing it almost without realizing. Finally I was able to get her to agree to learining kung fu.

" - nightair

Xebsball
11-25-2001, 05:49 AM
Hey i have a Badboy one :)

It have a dude doing a mata leão (rear naked choke?) on some other guy. I call it "The Ultimate Fighting Grappling Challenge of Death".
This two bjj guys i know found a t-shirt on the place where they train. The shirt was too big for them and they coulndt find out who was the owner of the shirt.
And that's when I get into the story.
They tought the shirt would fit me since im a big guy, so they gave it to me.
Now, the thing is, can you think of the possibility that one day I'm walking down the street and a bjj person that is almost the same size that me screams: "Hey, ************, thats my ******* shirt! Give it back, go******!".
Hell i'd kick his ass with my kung fu but...
What if he has a **** pitbull dog (bjjers like them), I'm ****in dead.

----------------------------
You brake my elbow i put your face in s.hit! HA HA HA, how about that, HA HA!
http://www.systemofadown.com/images/blurb3.jpg

[This message was edited by Xebsball on 11-25-01 at 08:03 PM.]

joedoe
11-25-2001, 05:54 AM
Wrong thread I think Xebsball ;)

You're fu(king up my chi

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 05:57 AM
is that Serj Tankian in your Signature?

Looks like the text out of Sugar :)

Xebsball
11-25-2001, 06:07 AM
Trust me, this is the right thread, i wrote that cos Qeysus mentioned Bad Boy shirts. :p

Other than that way i couldnt participate cos i dont have a woman (yep, im cursed).

That pic is from System of a Down's website, in fact i just linked it, hope they dont mind me using their bandwith in my posts here.

----------------------------
You brake my elbow i put your face in s.hit! HA HA HA, how about that, HA HA!
http://www.systemofadown.com/images/blurb3.jpg

joedoe
11-25-2001, 06:18 AM
OK, my bad :)

You're fu(king up my chi

rogue
11-26-2001, 03:35 AM
My wife has nothing to do with MA, though she has ways of making me submit!

Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."