PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Raiders

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 01:24 AM
This is a quirky movie with some weird twists...I didn't think much of it when I saw it at the video store, but after watching it, I'd recommend seeing it.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

SantaClaus
11-25-2001, 02:22 AM
But the kung fu to samba was a nice twist. I would have loved this movie if I were 12 years old.

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 02:44 AM
I read somewhere that it was a mega-hit in hong kong. I don't think it's mega-hit material, but I think it's definitely worth a look.

" - nightair

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-25-2001, 02:49 AM
cannible holocaust ... now that's a must see.

where's my beer?

SevenStar
11-25-2001, 02:56 AM
sounds like a classic

" - nightair

straight blast
11-25-2001, 01:29 PM
I really thought that it sucked. Admittedly it had some really good camera work and angles, but there is so much better Hong Kong cinema stuff around. I so couldn't follow the plot. I wouldn't bother to watch it again. :(

"Forfeit the game
Before somebody else takes you out of the frame
And puts your name to shame
Cover up your face
You can't run the race
The pace is too fast,
You just won't last!"

Daelomin
11-25-2001, 01:38 PM
I liked it. It was fresh, at least for me. Not hit material, but a nice saturday evening watch.

Kristoffer
11-25-2001, 09:18 PM
So-So,,,
I was ok but nothing really great. i dig the chicks :eek: uhmm, and his weird short electric rod. :D

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

SevenStar
11-26-2001, 12:16 AM
I want one of those electric rods! you can follow the plot if you watch it more than once...It's confusing that first time through.

" - nightair