PDA

View Full Version : Iron Palm experts...

Keith76
12-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Moderate/minor skin abrasions and bruises. Is it best to temporarily stop training until the injuries heal?

Thanks

sanjuro_ronin
12-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Bruises are commonplace, that is what the jow is for (bruise wise) BUT cuts and abrasions you have to be careful as getting some types of Jow into your blood can be dangerous and typical IP Jow is the type that you do NOT want getting into your blood.

Lee Chiang Po
01-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Moderate/minor skin abrasions and bruises. Is it best to temporarily stop training until the injuries heal?

Thanks

If you want something that works well for both bruises and abrasions, try good old Corn Husker's Lotion. If you have internal bleeding, like large bruising, best give it a few days rest.

David Jamieson
01-06-2015, 11:26 AM

Thanks

As stated, you don't want dit da jow getting into cuts. It could cause problems.
For bruising, that is what the dit da is for. :)

If in pain, take a rest. Review the material. there should not be pain in your training of IP

mickey
01-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Greetings,

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?58558-Dailogue-A-Public-Service-Announcement

mickey

mooyingmantis
01-07-2015, 01:50 PM

Thanks

Are the "abrasions" from iron palm breaking or bag training? Are the "abrasions" tears in the skin deep enough to bleed? Can you provide a picture? Do you use healing type herbs with training?

boxerbilly
01-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Hi, new here. First post. If jow is potentially dangerous. Is it even needed for iron palm training?

I've read some say yes and some say now. I have James Sinclaires Wing Chun videos. And he said even brandy is usable. Something about jow is primarily used to dry the skin. Ive read others say it is for circulation. Ive read one guy say Absorbine is about the same as jow.

So, jow or no jow for Iron Palm training?

SoCo KungFu
01-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Hi, new here. First post. If jow is potentially dangerous. Is it even needed for iron palm training?

I've read some say yes and some say now. I have James Sinclaires Wing Chun videos. And he said even brandy is usable. Something about jow is primarily used to dry the skin. Ive read others say it is for circulation. Ive read one guy say Absorbine is about the same as jow.

What do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law

http://www.clinchem.org/content/45/8/1353.full

sanjuro_ronin
01-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Jow is crucial and not just ANY Jow but jow designed for iron Palm training.
I have experimented with and without Jow and, even though this is anecdotal of course, the difference were quite noticeable:
With IP JOW:
Healing / recovery was faster
Deformation/swelling was not noticeable
Sensitivity was not compromised
Circulation increased.

SoCo KungFu
01-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Jow is crucial and not just ANY Jow but jow designed for iron Palm training.
I have experimented with and without Jow and, even though this is anecdotal of course, the difference were quite noticeable:
With IP JOW:
Healing / recovery was faster
Deformation/swelling was not noticeable
Sensitivity was not compromised
Circulation increased.

Crucial may be a bit more strong of a word than I'd use. But beneficial, yes. Highly recommended, yes.

Physiologically, the effects on the body aren't unique to IP training, its just more focusing on that result. How were you parameterizing your results? Maybe a couple more here could attempt to reproduce it if interested. If I can convince about 10 of you then I'll run some stats in a couple years and see if I can't work a publication. I'll give yall co-authorship, of course :D

GeneChing
01-23-2015, 03:32 PM
If jow is potentially dangerous. Is it even needed for iron palm training?

Martial arts practice is potentially dangerous. If you want to train, you will exposure yourself to some level of danger. Take precautions.

You can get Grandmaster Tao's 12 Herb Soak (used for Iron training) here. (http://www.martialartsmart.com/20-41.html)

mooyingmantis
01-23-2015, 06:03 PM

I didn't use it for decades. Then began using it and have used it for about ten years. I really don't see any difference based on my experience.

boxerbilly
01-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Thank you very much fellows. Appreciated. Thanks for the links.

sanjuro_ronin
01-26-2015, 05:53 AM
Crucial may be a bit more strong of a word than I'd use. But beneficial, yes. Highly recommended, yes.

Physiologically, the effects on the body aren't unique to IP training, its just more focusing on that result. How were you parameterizing your results? Maybe a couple more here could attempt to reproduce it if interested. If I can convince about 10 of you then I'll run some stats in a couple years and see if I can't work a publication. I'll give yall co-authorship, of course :D

I used crucial because, well, without it your progress will be hampered. It will go slower and you could damage your hands.
With Jow I never had to take any time off because of bruising or pain.
With Jow my hands don't look banged up and whatnot.
Its not that you can't do IP without it, you most certainly can BUT your progress will be slower and you will lose time due to bruising and your hands will be more "marked".

Now, I had done old school karate conditioning for years before I started IP and my hands showed it BUT after a couple of years of IP and using the jow, my hands became far better.

Sure there are some tell tale signs still but nothing like it was before.

I have noticed that the people that use the same type of Jow that I use, their hands are also pretty good (Chicoine's students come to mind), we don't have the "swollen" or "deformed" look that some IP people have.
I believe that has to do with the Jow.

boxerbilly
01-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Sanjuro, do you follow Chicoines IP methods? If so, did you train with him, or one of his students? Or , through his IP video?

sanjuro_ronin
01-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Sanjuro, do you follow Chicoines IP methods? If so, did you train with him, or one of his students? Or , through his IP video?

One of his students.
The biggest caution for training ANYTHING from video is to make sure that it is used to SUPPLEMENT being taught and not REPLACE actual instruction.

boxerbilly
01-28-2015, 12:13 PM
One of his students.
The biggest caution for training ANYTHING from video is to make sure that it is used to SUPPLEMENT being taught and not REPLACE actual instruction.

Nice. Do you own his IP video as well? Or any of the other Green Dragon Studio videos? Or do you focus more so on shuai chiao?

sanjuro_ronin
01-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Nice. Do you own his IP video as well? Or any of the other Green Dragon Studio videos? Or do you focus more so on shuai chiao?

I own a few different IP videos for information purposes since I have a vast collection of videos and books about MA.

You need to remember that IP training ( any specialty gung for that fact) should be viewed as the "icing" on the cake, a finishing touch and NOT be done until a certain "mastery" of the basic is ingrained.
It can actually hinder the progress of a student id not done at the right time.

boxerbilly
01-29-2015, 10:00 AM
My main back ground is boxing. Kind of hard to train myself out of it and I don't think I would want to anyway. So, at least in that respect, I do have solid grounding in understanding technique and application. I don't see any reasons why one could not include IP with that background. Swapping put open hand for fist if one wanted to.

I also have trained in TKD, Isshin Ryu and Shaolin Kempo. Highest belt level would be green. Then stuff learned with training buddies of different style. Judo and Chito Ryu and American Kenpo. Lived on both the East and West coast in my 20's.

mooyingmantis
01-31-2015, 01:29 PM
My main back ground is boxing. Kind of hard to train myself out of it and I don't think I would want to anyway. So, at least in that respect, I do have solid grounding in understanding technique and application. I don't see any reasons why one could not include IP with that background.

Your boxing would be an excellent compliment to IP training. Your knuckles are probably really well conditioned. IP training could toughen the back and palmar surfaces of the hand.

boxerbilly
01-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Thank you Richard.

Let me ask you this. Do you believe one could learn iron palm , safely and correctly through video?

bawang
03-04-2015, 06:56 AM
you can learn any kung fu exercise through books and video, but you will not be able to teach others.

SoCo KungFu
03-04-2015, 07:31 AM
you can learn any kung fu exercise through books and video, but you will not be able to teach others.

That's like saying you can go read books on strength training and diet, get all strong, but you can't teach anyone how you accomplished that. Preposterous. Iron Palm is one of the easiest things to gain self feedback on. Do your hands throb? (Yes/No); Can you break? (Yes/No); Is your breaking improving? (Yes/No)

IP is practically written for the DIY martial artist. The only thing hanging people up is superstitious bull****.

bawang
03-04-2015, 09:53 AM
That's like saying you can go read books on strength training and diet, get all strong, but you can't teach anyone how you accomplished that. Preposterous. Iron Palm is one of the easiest things to gain self feedback on. Do your hands throb? (Yes/No); Can you break? (Yes/No); Is your breaking improving? (Yes/No)

IP is practically written for the DIY martial artist. The only thing hanging people up is superstitious bull****.

you cant teach others because ur gonna get found out and embarrased FOO

if u learned from a book why should a person pay u to learn from u, they can learn from the book too

SoCo KungFu
03-04-2015, 05:02 PM
you cant teach others because ur gonna get found out and embarrased FOO

Results matter more than anything else. Demonstrate your skill and it doesn't matter where you learned. My 2nd BJJ coach learned from a book. He also produced pro MMA fighters and amateur MMA champions. The rest is irrelevant.

if u learned from a book why should a person pay u to learn from u, they can learn from the book too

Indeed they can, and should. No sense in wasting time with useless "teachers". A few dedicated sparring partners are far more useful than any sifu, unless that sifu happens to be one of those partners. There's nothing you can't learn from a book these days. The issue is getting with someone and physically working out the flaws. A coach can speed the process, but they're hardly necessary. And given the sucktitude of most kung fu teachers...better off without them.

bawang
03-05-2015, 12:10 AM
since u live in ohio i dont blame u for supporting book learning. hill billy kung fu instructors are the most crazy kind

boxerbilly
03-05-2015, 09:10 AM
since u live in ohio i dont blame u for supporting book learning. hill billy kung fu instructors are the most crazy kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwI02OHtZTg

Brat
03-10-2015, 10:13 AM

Thanks

I did iron palm about 25 years ago. Still have it. I only did it on the right hand and even today all those years later my right hand is much tougher than my left. I didn't have any dit da jow back then as it was only available from a few places on each coast and it was expensive for a teenie with no job. I used rubbing alcohol instead. Worked for me with the bruising and inflamation also.

David Jamieson
03-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I still maintain.

I use a mung bean filled canvas sack and basically do pretty much the same stuff as what you see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jdbB8nHIYc

mooyingmantis
03-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Thank you Richard.

Let me ask you this. Do you believe one could learn iron palm , safely and correctly through video?

Sorry, for the delayed response. I rarely visit here anymore.

Yes, I think the basic physical aspects of iron palm can be learned from a video or book. Rodney Morgan is one of the most skilled iron palm practitioners I have ever met. He would be a great source of information.

Bawang,
Ohio has many iron palm practitioners. Kung Fu is very prevalent in Ohio. We have Hung Gar, Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun, Shuai Jiao, Baguazhang, Bajiquan, Hsing-I, Northern Shaolin, Houquan and several styles of Tanglangquan and Taijiquan within an hour drive of my location. Most of us teaching here have been training for at least three or four decades.

mooyingmantis
03-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Chicoine originally learned iron palm from Feeman Ong. His methods are just typical iron palm training. He was good, but I believe the members of the Iron Palm Society are better. They don't use half blocks or spacers.

Here is an old video of Gene Chicoine and his students doing breaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2hCsCRE14 Note the use of half blocks and spacers.

Here is a video of Shane from the Iron Lotus Society breaking full size blocks without spacers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2UwxAcIWzg BTW, I was there and checked their blocks, without their knowledge, before the seminar to make sure they were not gimmicked. There guys are the real deal.

boxerbilly
03-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Richard, Thanks. I have seen both videos. The IPS guys are very impressive.

I have a old VHS of Green Dragons Stone Warrior. Quality not the best anymore. But, he shows his 3 ladies doing breaks in the beginning. Those girls are about the most impressive breakers I have ever seen. No spacers. I think up to 3 inch thick individual blocks. I forget the largest amount broke but it was between 7-9 inches. Margie Smith , I think may have been the only person from Green Dragon to ever not use the herbs internal or external during training for IP or other stuff. She had allergic reactions to them. So even though Allen was and maybe is steadfast in that of all the programs one must use Jow for IP, it appears he allowed Margie to do it without. He mentions that IP is the only program herbs are necessary at the end of the SW video discussion.

I have a video with Allen himself doing impressive breaking. Looked like 4 inch blocks. I forget how many. No spacers. I read he did not allow spacers. Considers it cheating.

Charles S
03-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Richard, Thanks. I have seen both videos. The IPS guys are very impressive.

I have a old VHS of Green Dragons Stone Warrior. Quality not the best anymore. But, he shows his 3 ladies doing breaks in the beginning. Those girls are about the most impressive breakers I have ever seen. No spacers. I think up to 3 inch thick individual blocks. I forget the largest amount broke but it was between 7-9 inches. Margie Smith , I think may have been the only person from Green Dragon to ever not use the herbs internal or external during training for IP or other stuff. She had allergic reactions to them. So even though Allen was and maybe is steadfast in that of all the programs one must use Jow for IP, it appears he allowed Margie to do it without. He mentions that IP is the only program herbs are necessary at the end of the SW video discussion.

I have a video with Allen himself doing impressive breaking. Looked like 4 inch blocks. I forget how many. No spacers. I read he did not allow spacers. Considers it cheating.

I have heard of some of the iron palm internal wines. After I had bought materials from the ILS, they released more material. On certain web sites one of them said he attributed his gains to a specific jow and a specific wine. I've also heard some of the ingredients are the same and even some jows can be drunk as well as put on the limbs. Where are there sources for internal, iron palm wines?

boxerbilly
03-14-2015, 09:39 PM
I really could not help you with what to take or how to train. I know Dale Dugas sells herbs for IP. I do not believe they are meant to be drunk. But a quick google search returned this:http://www.ditdajow.com/internalformulas.php

I can't vouch for that link or what they sell.

From what I have seen you'll spend 50-100 bucks for enough herbs to make a gallon of external wine. Seems pretty fair price really. I would imagine a gallon would last awhile. Main issue is, even if you know what to do. Gather the herbs and make you wine, which may take a month to a couple of months before the wine can be used for good effect. Do you have the dedication to follow it everyday for the required time to reap results? Really, it is a life time thing but from what Ive read it takes about a 100 days on average to manifest real results. That's the thing. 100 days every day. maybe more than once a day depending on who you follow. Otherwise better to not begin.

There are guys with way more accurate answers than I could ever give you. They may or may not add. And it seems sometimes you wait a bit before you get a reply. Life gets in the way or they just don't see it or care until they do.

SIFU RON
03-15-2015, 08:35 AM
I really could not help you with what to take or how to train. I know Dale Dugas sells herbs for IP. I do not believe they are meant to be drunk. But a quick google search returned this:http://www.ditdajow.com/internalformulas.php

I can't vouch for that link or what they sell.

From what I have seen you'll spend 50-100 bucks for enough herbs to make a gallon of external wine. Seems pretty fair price really. I would imagine a gallon would last awhile. Main issue is, even if you know what to do. Gather the herbs and make you wine, which may take a month to a couple of months before the wine can be used for good effect. Do you have the dedication to follow it everyday for the required time to reap results? Really, it is a life time thing but from what Ive read it takes about a 100 days on average to manifest real results. That's the thing. 100 days every day. maybe more than once a day depending on who you follow. Otherwise better to not begin.

There are guys with way more accurate answers than I could ever give you. They may or may not add. And it seems sometimes you wait a bit before you get a reply. Life gets in the way or they just don't see it or care until they do.

When I began this type of training we used Dit Da Jow made by our teacher ( Ark Wong) before and after training. In the beginning the hands bleed , the Jow helps heal it. The Jow Sifu made was designed to clot and disinfect open cuts. Daily training in the beginning does more harm than good.

Dale is a one of the best sources available today for answers to this subject.

SoCo KungFu
03-15-2015, 10:51 AM
I have heard of some of the iron palm internal wines. After I had bought materials from the ILS, they released more material. On certain web sites one of them said he attributed his gains to a specific jow and a specific wine. I've also heard some of the ingredients are the same and even some jows can be drunk as well as put on the limbs. Where are there sources for internal, iron palm wines?

If you have ILS books or dvd's, then you also should have at least a few recipe listings. Also there's the plum dragon site that lists some recipes and I has most ILS stuff. You could probably just email them and get a rundown. Or just email the Morgans (ILS) directly if its one of their recipes. Don't expect anyone to give the a recipe for free, but at least you'll find out where you can find it.

Frankly, there's nothing mystical about any of this. Chemicals have pharmacological effects, many of which you can reference online. Anyone telling you of secret formulas and all that mess are full of it. Don't buy anything to put in your body (or really, on your body for that matter) from anyone not willing to tell you exactly what is in it and how much. Frankly, I think its unethical to sell that way and should be regulated, but that's just me.

Mor Sao
03-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Let me know how I can be of service.

I have been training in Iron Skills for many years.

I make and sell training as well as injury Dit Da Jow.

Dr. Dale Dugas AP DOM MAOM Dipl.OM

SoCo KungFu
03-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Let me know how I can be of service.

I have been training in Iron Skills for many years.

I make and sell training as well as injury Dit Da Jow.

Dr. Dale Dugas AP DOM MAOM Dipl.OM

You have also begun herbology and IP lessons via skype, I see

Mor Sao
03-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Thank you. I am trying to teach those interested.

Let me know how I can be of service to those looking for help with their physical issues and health as well as Iron Skills.

boxerbilly
03-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Hi Dale. Let me ask you this. As many have suggested one can not learn IP skills via video. In fact on another forum I suggested if that is true why do you support guys that make any of these videos. IP or otherwise. As I disagreed that one could learn skills via video. It obviously helps to have studied something and even better if that something is the same or very similar. But I made my point. Should we not come down hard on these individuals as unscrupulous? Again, I don't think anyone is trying to screw anyone for the most part and the makers probably do believe if one follows as I show then it should work as directed. Save a few held back "secrets" or whatever.

Now Dale, if you would. Since you sell a Iron Palm video and others. Do you believe one could safely and successfully learn that skill or others you teach via videos you sell/sold solely from just that video-set ? Needing nothing else in the way of personal instruction and I always agreed certainly that is best.

So, could I or others just buy your video and safely and correctly learn whatever skills you teach on those videos with no further assistance from you or others?

Really and simple yes or no answer should be enough to answer any and all concerns addressed. And I am asking specifically about what you sell instruction wise via video.

Thank you,
Bill

SoCo KungFu
03-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Hi Dale. Let me ask you this. As many have suggested one can not learn IP skills via video. In fact on another forum I suggested if that is true why do you support guys that make any of these videos. IP or otherwise. As I disagreed that one could learn skills via video. It obviously helps to have studied something and even better if that something is the same or very similar. But I made my point. Should we not come down hard on these individuals as unscrupulous? Again, I don't think anyone is trying to screw anyone for the most part and the makers probably do believe if one follows as I show then it should work as directed. Save a few held back "secrets" or whatever.

Now Dale, if you would. Since you sell a Iron Palm video and others. Do you believe one could safely and successfully learn that skill or others you teach via videos you sell/sold solely from just that video-set ? Needing nothing else in the way of personal instruction and I always agreed certainly that is best.

So, could I or others just buy your video and safely and correctly learn whatever skills you teach on those videos with no further assistance from you or others?

Really and simple yes or no answer should be enough to answer any and all concerns addressed. And I am asking specifically about what you sell instruction wise via video.

Thank you,
Bill

He can answer for himself but what he appears to be doing are not videos but rather skype based distance learning. Skype can be perfectly interactive if one just has a webcam.

Mor Sao
03-18-2015, 02:22 PM
I offer a DVD of the Iron Palm and Iron Vest Training which is used more as a reference for people who have come trained with me or who have experience in other IP methods.

But If you want to buy the foundational level DVD, you can and learn the foundational level. Advanced levels need to be taught one to one. So yes, you can learn the foundation from a DVD and succeed if you train correctly and safely.

I am writing a new Iron Skills book and will be doing my DVDs over in the near future.

As mentioned before I have started offering Skype classes where i can teach and see people and instruct them in the physicality of the IP and IV.

Trying to help those interested.

boxerbilly
03-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Thank you Dale. Very much appreciated. That seems logical as well. At a basic level, yes. Viable method. At more advanced levels, reference only. Thanks again.

bawang
03-19-2015, 06:02 AM
breaking bricks isnt important, u need to find a force meter thing and see if you can consistently produce knock out force with punch

David Jamieson
03-19-2015, 06:30 AM
breaking bricks isnt important, u need to find a force meter thing and see if you can consistently produce knock out force with punch

knock out force can be a small clip in the right place or a huge smash in the wrong place.

I think breaking isn't very useful, but it does teach you what is required.
I know the first time I tried a break that I was surprised how much force it took.

sanjuro_ronin
03-19-2015, 06:44 AM

Context is everything.
Breaking can help gauge your progression and, as David mention, can be an eye opener in regards to how much force you need to break.
Of course not all bricks and slabs and breaks are created equal.

I have had used various force meters in the past, some of the industrial type ( benefits of being an Mech. Eng) and even those used in crash test dummies.

Based on what I have done and seen others do, almost EVERYONE can generate enough force to KO or hurt anyone else WITHOUT IP training ( kind of obvious when you think about it of course).

The only advantage I see IP practitioners having is when they hit where they are "not suppose" to hit.
Iv' done IP for close to 10 years now and notice that I hit harder simply because I am less worried about hitting and I also notice that I feel a sense of "heaviness" in my hands that seems to translate into more depth in my strikes.
Of course I have always had "heavy hands" so...

boxerbilly
03-19-2015, 07:56 AM
From my current vantage point. That's what I see. It increases the density of the bones in your hands. Making them less prone to break and as suggested may help remove any mental block about pulling back instead of speeding through. I realize this must be at its most basic level. Just making the hands more durable. Those selective breakers got something else going on.

For me, I was just impressed when I saw Allen's girls bust all that block. Prior to that I don't think I really considered it since I was 13 or something. As many have said, it is not all that great if you cant get into position to use it. A car with no gas. Im fairly certain all here can get into position regardless what they learned. So it boils down to, are you willing to commit to the training.

I can't say I am ready, yet. Still in the I need to find out more stage.

Mor Sao
03-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Advanced training in IP is done on a hanging bag to learn how to hit people.

unless you pull people down and hit them you need to learn how to hit people that are upright and moving.

boxerbilly
03-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks Dale. Ive read some of your old posts in the past. As well as some other people who impressed me with their knowledge.

boxerbilly
03-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Dale, I have read, I can't recall where. Some suggested that even training like every other day will bring results. But most say everyday and some a couple of times a day. You personally may not be able to comment on every other day if you never did that. Just was wondering your thoughts or anyone else's would be appreciated too.

Mor Sao
03-19-2015, 05:38 PM
I was taught 2 times per day for a year and then another year of once a day.

This was the foundational training period. After that you can train it a few days a week.

Mor Sao
03-19-2015, 05:39 PM
I still train my hands. I do not overtrain them. I needle people for a living, but can apply it.

Kellen Bassette
03-19-2015, 07:58 PM
The only advantage I see IP practitioners having is when they hit where they are "not suppose" to hit.
Iv' done IP for close to 10 years now and notice that I hit harder simply because I am less worried about hitting and I also notice that I feel a sense of "heaviness" in my hands that seems to translate into more depth in my strikes.
Of course I have always had "heavy hands" so...

Absolutely, same for conditioning shins....you don't need to condition them to kick someone in the thigh or the ribs, you need to condition them for when you catch a knee, elbow or another shin....

bawang
03-20-2015, 07:50 AM
training 2 times a day for a well fed and rested man or someone who absolutely needs hard hands right away like a gangster

sanjuro_ronin
03-20-2015, 09:28 AM
training 2 times a day for a well fed and rested man or someone who absolutely needs hard hands right away like a gangster

There are two types of hand conditioning and the above is why.

Some people had the time and luxury to do it "slow and easy" and develop the skill with little or no ill effects.
However, for those that wanted it "right now", the so-called "external method" was used and the signs were obvious ( think the calloused hands of an old school Karateka).

mickey
03-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Greetings,

When I trained palm it was with the purpose of making the hand resistant to injury when striking. Back then, breaks were not about showing off. It was more of a personal marker of progress. It was done privately. Back then, you did not even talk about what you do nor dare talk about what you could do with it.

mickey

boxerbilly
03-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Greetings,

When I trained palm it was with the purpose of making the hand resistant to injury when striking. Back then, breaks were not about showing off. It was more of a personal marker of progress. It was done privately. Back then, you did not even talk about what you do nor dare talk about what you could do with it.

mickey

Reading your post from larger perspective. It is a main cause for holding peoples growth back. Closed minds.

mickey
03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Greetings Billy,

Will you elucidate more on that? Because I sure did not see that with my post. I was referring to those who train palm and show off with it. .

mickey

boxerbilly
03-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Sure. Sorry for the confusion. This part specifically. "Back then, you did not even talk about what you do nor dare talk about what you could do with it."

That statement could be correlated to mean: don't be so open. Don't share. Etc. Something that plagues us.

Not specifically in the context you used it. Regarding your IP skills. Personally, I have no problems with people showing off. Breaks of whatever you are good at. We pay people for their ability to show off in other fields.

mickey
03-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Hi Billy,

It is more like: don't be so open; don't brag.

NYC is a very different animal. People did not train the arts so they could spin in the air and land in a split. You were more likely to be arrested for using the arts to defend yourself than the guy attacking you with a crowbar.

mickey

boxerbilly
03-27-2015, 04:57 AM
Thanks Mickey.

Yeah, that's fair. In fact they may try to increase the charge. Hit you with premeditation. After all you did train to do that to someone. Sell a story how maybe you went out looking to use it.

boxerbilly
04-02-2015, 02:03 PM
First 2 is our very own Dale Dugas. Interviews. I have only been able to skim and you guys are lucky I signed in to post this stuff up for you. Im super busy but..... I like you guys! For those that have seen these and not posted links. Shame on you. If links have been posted. SHAME on me. Have a fun and learn and share. Later dudes. Thanks Dale.

1-
IRON BODY & IRON PALM TRAINING FOR SPORTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lLhsRRlwh4

2-
Health Awareness Talk - Dit Dow Jow with Master Sifu Hon K. Lee and Iron Palm Master Dale Dugas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R_gwe5vo_Y

Next is 2 videos from Steve Burton over in England. Steve upped these. Looks to be first part of his dvd series.

1-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8EXX1zcGZ4

2-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liYZ-Fsi4UY

Mor Sao
04-03-2015, 07:06 AM
I will be starting my own online radio show soon.

Thank you for sharing the links.

Fa Xing
04-03-2015, 08:36 AM

Sweet, I look forward to that podcast. There aren't many kungfu podcasts out there.

boxerbilly
04-03-2015, 03:10 PM

You are very welcome Dale. Great. Please post those links when they become available.