PDA

View Full Version : How old are we at this forum?

bigboy71
11-25-2001, 03:45 AM
I posted a question about a movie on this forum earlier and got some nice responces (Hi Old Jong, Tiger Lui and IronFist). We got to have a short discussion about our ages. And it got me wondering about the ages of Kung Fu practioners.
Is it stricly for the young, strong and limber or are there a number of older guys and girls as well (we can also be strong and limber, we just have to practise more :( ).

So I´d thought we´d try a short poll to see what agegroups train (and post here)

Martial Joe
11-25-2001, 04:14 AM
I am 15 years old...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

old jong
11-25-2001, 04:31 AM
Joe...You are as old as my youngest dauther! Time to go to bed right now!... :D ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

Sharky
11-25-2001, 04:33 AM
want... to make joke... about.... jongs....daughter...

must... resist... temptation....

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

old jong
11-25-2001, 04:42 AM
S...H....A....R....K......Y......Quiet! :D

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

joedoe
11-25-2001, 04:43 AM
Me too. Actually, I am just going to do it because I know if the situations were reversed, old jong would do the same to me :)

So Sharky, screwed any nice 15 year olds lately? :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Sharky
11-25-2001, 04:44 AM
that would be illegal

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

[This message was edited by Sharky on 11-25-01 at 06:52 PM.]

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 04:47 AM
18 here, i dont like being this old :(((( Crap i think Heath is like 21 or some, so i got 3 years to become a phenom, and i cant even got off this country.

Someone give me money for US college...

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Sharky
11-25-2001, 04:51 AM
why u wanna goto the usa so much man?

be proud of being from your country

joedoe
11-25-2001, 04:53 AM
Only if u get caught :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 05:23 AM
i dont even feel like i belong here, i grew up in Denmark until i was 8, came here felt like a total outsider, everything ehre was different (worse), everyone uptight and thinking only about themselves. Never liked it here, never felt at home. If i dont go to USA you can bet your ass i'll be going back to denmark.

But why USA? Dunno :) Always wanted to go there ever since i was about 10, and following my recent visit to USA it's only grown (my will).

Sharky
11-25-2001, 05:28 AM
"and following my recent visit to USA it's only grown (my will)."

glad u cleared that up for us man.

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 05:40 AM
wow what a posting spree i've been on tonight, and it's only because i was trying to get away from my chemistry book, buuuut i'm finished studying for that **** exam, so i'll be hitting the sack.

Ahh so gn, been a while since i had such a nice posting spree here :)

OldFatBaldGuy
11-25-2001, 05:58 AM
51.........but I don't spar much.......takes too long to heal. Oh yeah, it's Taiji (Yang style with strong Chen influence) plus some other eclectic internal styles thrown in to confuse me.

Respectfully.

OFBG

"Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change."

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 07:27 AM
24, and the u.s. isn't bad. of course, i have one trip to tijuana, one to chihuahua and countless jaunts north of the border into british columbia (i live 30 minutes from the peace arch border crossing) to compare the u.s. to.

oh, and lots of action movies. the cultural perspective one absorbs from watching stuff like van damme movies is simply mind-boggling.

-rtb

anerlich
11-25-2001, 08:13 AM
I'm 47 in December.

I still spar semi and full contact at least once a fortnight and roll BJJ at least once a week. I have little hair but little body fat also (my Sifu gave me my handle as I do have a nicely ripped midsection).

A 25 year old who trains as hard as I would have better endurance, but I'm able to hold my own with 95% of the guys in my kwoon, and I'm probably the oldest one there (older than my sifu).

Bruises take longer to heal, yes, and you have to be careful with injuries, but there's no need to become decrepid or sluggish just because you're getting older.

IronFist
11-25-2001, 09:35 AM
QeySuS, ****, Denmark and Iceland and now USA? How many languages do you speak dude?

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

IronFist
11-25-2001, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah OldDog, I'm 20. Gotta stay on topic here. I'll be 21 in two months.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

jesper
11-25-2001, 10:29 AM
In Denmark you have to learn at least four languages in school

Danish
English
German
French, Italian or spanish depending on the options at school

Mix that with a little knowleadge of Swedish and norwegian

Oh and of cause Latin was a one year option :) back in my days. Dunno if you still have that.

qeySuS
11-25-2001, 11:45 AM
well. Like i said i waas only there until 8 so i never learned anything besides danish, so Icelandic is my first language, danish is my second and english is my third (although i propably speak better english then danish).

I'm suppose to know german but i hate it hate it HATE IT and i dont think i'll ever learn it :)

nightair
11-25-2001, 06:36 PM
I'm 18 years old. But peple always mistake me for 20-25 because of my size.And some of them say I have the mind of a adult that is 20-30 years old.

---------------------------"uh oh, what is going to happen next?"

Duncan
11-25-2001, 06:51 PM
I'm 27 years old. But peple always mistake me for 2-5 because of my size. And some of them say I have the mind of a child that is 7-8 years old.

Hee Hee... Chain punches to my groin have retarded my mind. :)

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (message on general Kung Fu forum)

*Fook the lot of 'em*

Starchaser107
11-25-2001, 07:37 PM
I'm 24 Jong
somewhere in the middle I guess,
my daughter was born earlier this year and I am not geting any younger myself.

"everything is everything"

Daniel Madar
11-25-2001, 07:45 PM
And still going strong. God bless taiji!

Merciless is Mercy.

Starchaser107
11-25-2001, 07:51 PM
70!!!
Bombaaat !!! , yu great
respect

"everything is everything"

Colin
11-25-2001, 08:11 PM
I'm 35 but my squeeze is 25, so i'm a lucky basta'd.
CT.......

halfling
11-25-2001, 08:43 PM
ooo im almost 20. I'm getting so old. :-(

rubthebuddha
11-25-2001, 08:44 PM
**** kids. :mad:

-rtb

Good, better, Me
11-25-2001, 09:37 PM
I'm 16 years. I can have sex leagally ;)

Ninjas do not exist as long as they don't want to.
http://www.ninjasite.com/shinobi-kai/pic4.gif

cwheelie
11-25-2001, 11:43 PM
41, staring 42 in the face. Maybe i shoulda started with something other than a Northern CMA :(

de ja fu - The feeling that somewhere, somehow you've been kicked in the head like this before.