PDA

View Full Version : Rickson vs Sakuraba

Richie
11-04-2001, 02:20 AM
I know this has nothing to do with kf, but I have to say it. Rickson is scared ****less of Sakuraba. Is isn't Rickson the flag ship of bjj? Sakuraba breaks a lot of the rules on the bjj's no-no list, and breaks bjj's arms. He doesn't do bjj. He is a pro wresler. Rickson only fights guys he and the world knows he can beat.

Wongsifu
11-04-2001, 02:26 AM
whatever happened to organising the competition still waiting for an e-mail

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Stranger
11-04-2001, 02:44 AM
Ummmm, Sakuraba is 33 and Rickson is 43.

The top A List fighters of the modern MMA movement developed a generation too late to fight Rickson (maybe to Rickson's benefit, maybe not). You really have to get over it and find somebody else in the BJJ world to be the Gracie target.

Rickson is the best Gracie (IMHO), but he is at an age and level of fame (earned at a time when the sport was less evolved- which was not his fault) when he doesn't have to really fight too competitively. He is in semi-retirement.

So many people hate him for not defending his claim to being the ultimate fighter, but you know I've never heard him make half the claims that people attribute to him.

"Sak has no aura."- he is just busting balls. He isn't going to fight Sak for anything short of a king's ransom, so he just threw a kidding verbal jab. If Muhammed Ali had said it, we would all have smiled, but Rickson says it and everybody gets mad.

Rickson is primarily focused on spreading his art and running his schools, not fighting.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Watchman
11-04-2001, 02:46 AM
Stranger is correct.

Mr. Nemo
11-04-2001, 03:00 AM
Stranger is mostly correct. I give Rickson himself tons of respect. You're right, most of the top MMA fighters of today are much younger than Rickson, and he doesn't need to fight them to earn my respect.

However, there are some (and I'm not only talking about Ralek) that claim he is the best fighter alive today. I personally point out his lack of victories over quality opponents to counter their claims. Calling him the best takes away from the accomplishments of the fighters of today who have put their skills on the line against top opponents.

Stranger
11-04-2001, 03:11 AM
Mr. Nemo,

I agree with you.

Rickson has NOT beaten any top modern MMA fighters.

I just don't like to see the words of Rickson zealots, like Ralek, get confused as boasts of Rickson himself.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.