PDA

View Full Version : Question about Workshops

jimbob
01-31-2015, 06:26 AM
Just wondering....what is the most you have paid/would pay for a workshop (including travel and accommodation)?

Thanks in advance.

curenado
01-31-2015, 12:49 PM
That pretty much depends on what/who/where/when?
First thing I would think is "can't I get the same thing here, today, with accessories?"
If not, the probability may increase....

jimbob
02-02-2015, 09:39 AM
That pretty much depends on what/who/where/when?
First thing I would think is "can't I get the same thing here, today, with accessories?"
If not, the probability may increase....

Yeah - I'm in a bit of a quandry. I live pretty far away from anywhere major. Workshop costs, plus travel, plus accommodation will set me back around 500 Euros and three days, which is money I could well put to use here at home and time I really don't have to give right now, but it's someone I've wanted to train with for a long time.

SPJ
02-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Most of the time, traveling costs and hotel stays cost more than session fee.

:eek:

SPJ
02-04-2015, 08:30 AM
depending on the square footage of the hotel meeting room

divided by the number of attendee

around 60 to 125$ per person for 3 hours gathering.

:)

David Jamieson
02-04-2015, 09:00 AM
what is on offer would be key.

community center afternoon workshop? 35 dollars

Travel involved? well, it better be more of a seminar event and it should have a lot of information.
All in, travel, workshop, hotel etc can make it cost prohibitive.

jimbob
02-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Well, I've booked my train ticket so the rest is moot now. I've wanted to train with this guy for quite awhile and I thought I might as well while he's going to be here.
Looking forward to it and trying to forget the financial outlay!

curenado
02-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Bravo to you - if I wanted to do it I would. I would have a stellar memory and be wholly immune to any complaints or aspersions ~
You didn't ask the right question but you gave the right answer :)

mawali
02-06-2015, 10:30 PM
The most I paid for a weekend seminar was $110.00 for a 2 day seminar/workshop but that was over 10 years ago.

SPJ
02-07-2015, 09:23 AM
sponsor sponsor sponsor

if the event organizer may gather some sponsors to cover some expenses. then most of the sessions fee would go toward nominal pay for the instructor.

If not enough attendee, usually the event has to be cancelled.

fee refunded to registrants.

:)

ShortBridge
02-08-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm not exactly sure how much I have paid. Any seminars I have taken have seemed almost trivial in cost. But travel and accommodations are a whole other story. I have and will spend money to go to someone who I really want to learn from. Especially with some of the older sifu and si gung in my lineages. Those opportunities are not unlimited and as long as I can make it work, it's worth it to me.

bawang
02-09-2015, 11:08 AM
zero dollar