PDA

View Full Version : Inversion Table

boxerbilly
03-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Hi. Any of you guys hang?

I picked one up awhile back. Been using it nearly daily a couple of times. I bought it because I sustained a fairly significant neck and back injury. Soft tissue damage really.

So far I like it and I believe it is improving me. More time will tell but does anyone have anything to share on this topic? Your experience's with them?

GeneChing
03-17-2015, 05:51 PM
My previous house had an inversion swing in the living room. My wife had a yoga studio there for several years. I also have a friend that I work music festivals with who always brings his inversion table for breaks. Personally, I prefer a swing because there's more you can do with it and it takes up less space.

Inverting is great for neck and back issues. You just have to be careful coming out of the inversion. Come out softly and slowly, especially if you've spent a long time inverted.

boxerbilly
03-18-2015, 01:44 AM
Thanks Gene.

I contemplated those Yoga Swings or whatever they are called. I liked the variations I saw but then I said, No you need to slow down.
My table has 20/40/60/80 degree settings. I like I can change settings with one hand while locked in the thing. Ive only gone to 60 degrees a couple of times and Ive decided at present a bit to much for my back. So sticking in the 20 and 40 degree range for a while now.

My first time on it, even at 20 degrees I could feel it stretch my back and neck. It was a bit scary too. Feet locked. You feel like your going to fall, lol. 20 degrees backward felt like upside down. It no longer does but you have to gain trust in the machine.My back muscles can get board hard. I get flexeril and sometimes I do use it but mostly I use Valarian root. It's nearly as good as a muscle relaxer in my opinion. I forget the brand but I just buy that at Walgreens. Usually it is 2 for 1 and 2 bottles last a while. I don't use relaxants every day. Lately I have been considering trying Kava. Ive read some say it is a fairly good muscle relaxer. Any experience with it?

GeneChing
03-19-2015, 09:16 AM
...but swings are useful for all sorts of other yoga props, like working downward dog. I did Iyengar Yoga; that style is really into prop use. Plus they are really portable. You can just unhook the swing and store it when not in use. The table takes up a lot of space. Not to dismiss inversion tables by any means. I wish I had the space to keep one. We don't even have the swing anymore. Our only large prop is a whale. I live in a tiny home now, so space is a major issue.