PDA

View Full Version : new book pre sale "lion's roar san da"

lkfmdc
04-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Pre-sale is now closed... thanks to those who purchased, book will be shipped asap to you (about 2 weeks)

More than 20 years in the making, Sifu David A Ross finally presents the definitive guide to his teaching method. For more than twenty years, Sifu Ross proved the effectiveness of the late Chan Tai-San’s Chinese martial arts techniques by training successful fighters who competed in Sanshou, San Da, Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).

This volume explains BOTH traditional Chinese combat theory and modern approaches to effective training. Information that was either previously available only to “disciples” or was obscured by Buddhist and Daoist metaphors is discussed in direct terms for the first time and made available to everyone.

Whether you are a student of Chinese martial arts or of modern Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) you will have a new appreciation of both after reading this volume.

A Partial Table of Contents
Traditional vs. Modern
Randori and Shiai
Fighting Stance and Footwork
Striking
Kicking
Six Gates Theory
“Making pain a friend”
Counter Attacks
Lion’s Techniques (獅子法)
The out and in step (出入步 )
Ride the kick and counter kick
Knee against straight punches
The cut kick / sweep
Leg attack takedowns
The Heavy Bag
Muay Thai Pads
The roles of tradition and respect?

mickey
04-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Greetings,

What is truly weird is that I dreamt about receiving a book from David Ross last night. And it was about fighting. Seriously. Seeing this post is absolutely creepy. Too bad you do not take paypal. I would have honored my dream.

Congratulations.

mickey

lkfmdc
04-28-2015, 03:35 AM
Greetings,

What is truly weird is that I dreamt about receiving a book from David Ross last night. And it was about fighting. Seriously. Seeing this post is absolutely creepy. Too bad you do not take paypal. I would have honored my dream.

Congratulations.

mickey

pay pal has become very unreliable over the years and has some major issues for vendors... the book will be available on eshop and Amazon soon, but this is the pre sale

Oh! And Gene will be giving away FREE COPIES also :)

sanjuro_ronin
04-28-2015, 06:50 AM
Good work Dave.

bawang
04-28-2015, 08:09 AM
do u got kinder edition

lkfmdc
04-28-2015, 01:37 PM
do u got kinder edition

I am thinking whether to do one for this, since it is instructional in nature, not sure it will translate to kindle,,,,, and last time they messed up the fonts :(

Lucas
05-02-2015, 02:05 PM
I have not been on in a while, how will I best be able to buy this book going forward? Your signature looks like that might be a different book?

lkfmdc
05-04-2015, 03:39 AM
Link to E Store will be put up when ready

lkfmdc
05-05-2015, 03:08 PM
All domestic pre-sales are scheduled to be delivered by Friday April 15th! (sorry, no control over international delivery!)

For the rest, the book is available now via my e-store at https://www.createspace.com/5461916

mickey
05-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Greetings,

You might try to get the month right before you hear a real Lion's Roar.

mickey

lkfmdc
05-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Greetings,

You might try to get the month right before you hear a real Lion's Roar.

mickey

LOL... that was an auto generated message from my publisher, I didn't even look at it :eek: