PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Claw

KungFuGuy!
11-26-2001, 10:05 AM
A friend of mine is interested in joining a martial arts place, but there isn't many legit schools in his area. There is this one place that teaches eagle claw, which I assume is a form of kung fu. Can someone please give me some info on this art?

cwheelie
11-26-2001, 04:36 PM
here's a link to GM Shum's school in NY. He has a history of Eagle Claw and a list of authorized schools. where are you located?
http://www.yingjowpai.com/

de ja fu - The feeling that somewhere, somehow you've been kicked in the head like this before.

KungFuGuy!
11-27-2001, 06:55 AM
I'm located in the middle of nowhere, where there are no half decent schools. However, my friend in california lives near sacramento, he's the one interested in the eagle claw.

cwheelie
11-27-2001, 04:31 PM
The school in Sacramento is part of the GM Shum lineage. Have not personally trained there or met the Sifu, but I train the same system. There are only about 8 authorized schools in the US. Very complete system, very complex. It's kicking my butt & I love it.....

de ja fu - The feeling that somewhere, somehow you've been kicked in the head like this before.

KungFuGuy!
11-27-2001, 11:33 PM
Sounds cool, thanks for the info.

Chum Kil
11-28-2001, 12:01 AM
Yes, Benson Lee's school is legit. I have a friend that has been there for years.

John

Have little and gain;
Have much and be confused.

Snake
11-28-2001, 06:02 PM
I've been studying Eagle Claw for some time now, and I'm really enjoying it a lot. It is very challenging and offers a lot of great techniques. The best advice I can give is to stick with it. The first three months were pure hell as you unlearned a lot of things, and then adapated to the style, but after you get over the hump, things come a little more naturally and quickly. Great style.

Snake