PDA

View Full Version : OT: Thailand

Daredevil
11-26-2001, 08:27 PM
Heya,

I'm heading over to Thailand for two weeks next thursday and I was wondering if there any Thais here or anyone in Thailand at that time?

I'll be mostly in Bangkok, but I'll be escaping to the beaches of Koh Samui for a few days to work on my tan, being the pale scandinavian polar bear that I am.

If nothing else .. if you have any good ideas what to do there, having been there, give me a holler. Thanks.

IronFist
11-26-2001, 08:41 PM
I have always been told "don't bring your girlfriend to Thailand."

Anyway, watch out for STD's over there, because they have some super resistant strains that are hard to kill. I also heard that if you go to the doctor here and say "I have such and such STD" the doctor will ask you where you got it, because if you got it in Thailand they need extra powerful drugs to get rid of it.

Make sure you eat lots of Thai food. mmmm... Thai food... Maybe you could go see a Muay Thai fight?

Playboy voted Thailand "hottest country in the world" or something, so maybe you could have fun just looking around :)

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

bamboo_ leaf
11-26-2001, 08:50 PM
Very nice place lived there for a couple of yrs.
Check out Lumpinee Park. Lots of CMA.
Played there around 7am till 10:30 or so.

Very old Buddhist temples, among many other sights to see.
Nice people, good food.

have a good trip

:)

bamboo leaf

Kristoffer
11-26-2001, 09:22 PM
be careful with the ladies :rolleyes: Not worth the risk of HIV now is it?

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

Sharky
11-26-2001, 09:34 PM
ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME

=================================
What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

LEGEND
11-26-2001, 09:36 PM
bring CONDOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

The Whyzyrd
11-26-2001, 10:40 PM
Spent the month of July there - WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely watch out for HIV. Use a condom. The "ladies" cost $20 US for the night (per girl) but Aids is running wild.

The people are the friendliest in the World. Out of all of my travels - Thailand was the easiest to get around and had the friendliest people.

Oh yeah - and EAT THE FOOD!!!!

"The Wolf does not regard the barking dog"

Daredevil
11-27-2001, 11:19 PM
Hmm, yeah .. I've been to Thailand before actually and I love the place. However, I'm a bit surprised at all the sex suggestions. Personally, I'd like to think there's lots more to Thailand than the rampant sex tourism.

And I'm actually going with my ex-gf (she's half-thai herself), which is a bit odd maybe, but since she's cool it shouldn't be a problem. :)

At least I'll be glad to be in a warm country for a while, with all this snow and ice going around this place.

"When Pigua is added to Baji, gods and demons will all be terrified.
When Baji is added to Pigua, heroes will sigh knowing they are no match against it."

qeySuS
11-27-2001, 11:37 PM
i hear you daredevil, snow is running rampant here.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

IronFist
11-27-2001, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah, unless you're hardcore, don't bother learning to READ the language. Written Thai is rediculously difficult for non-natives. The spoken language is pretty easy grammar-wise, however. The only thing that takes some getting used to are the tones, if you're not familiar with tonal languages (Thai has 5 tones. Mandarin has 4, for comparison, Cantonese has like 8 or something, I don't remember).

Just remember, "Mai bpen rai krup."

:)

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01