PDA

View Full Version : Just Started

Bullworker64
06-12-2015, 08:21 AM
I had my first class last evening. I am going into Kung Fu with a cleaned slate between my ears. I am not sure what the appropriate statement would be about my first lesson, but I enjoyed it. I cannot wait until next week.

GeneChing
06-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Hope you enjoy your practice. For many of us here, it has become our lifestyle.

And for others here, it has been become something to troll, which is another kind of martial lifestyle, I suppose. :rolleyes:

curenado
06-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I had my first class last evening. I am going into Kung Fu with a cleaned slate between my ears. I am not sure what the appropriate statement would be about my first lesson, but I enjoyed it. I cannot wait until next week.

I remember that. I'm a lifer and it seemed like the rest of the world pretty much fell away because all I easily recall about my first few months was being there and enquiring when I could go back.
Best wishes of course. To whatever degree you become immersed, you will greatly benefit.
Like Gene says "hope it swallows you whole, it's great. Ignore the losers."

Cheers

Bullworker64
06-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Thank you both.

GeneChing
06-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Like Gene says "hope it swallows you whole, it's great. Ignore the losers."

Now when did I say that? I don't advocate ignoring the losers. Crush those losers. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women. ;)

And be sure to subscribe (http://www.martialartsmart.com/19341.html). You'll need gear too. Get that here (http://www.martialartsmart.com/). :cool:

Bullworker64
06-17-2015, 09:31 AM
I will subscribe.

When it comes time for gear. I will think of this website first.

bawang
06-17-2015, 09:04 PM
hop on TRT and get big muskles asap

David Jamieson
06-18-2015, 05:34 AM
YOu're going to get to know yourself intimately through determined Kung Fu practice.
Fair warning, there's parts of you that you won't like. You'll be faced with your own weakness and will struggle to overcome.

There is reward, there is punishment. It's up to you really.
It's when you find reward in punishment that you are making a breakthrough. lol :p

Bullworker64
06-19-2015, 01:21 PM
hop on TRT and get big muskles asap

Thank you for the suggestion. My muscles, however, are just fine.

Bullworker64
06-19-2015, 01:21 PM
YOu're going to get to know yourself intimately through determined Kung Fu practice.
Fair warning, there's parts of you that you won't like. You'll be faced with your own weakness and will struggle to overcome.

There is reward, there is punishment. It's up to you really.
It's when you find reward in punishment that you are making a breakthrough. lol :p

I will remember this. Thanks.

bawang
06-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. My muscles, however, are just fine.

a man who is satisfied wit the size of his muscles is not fit for kung fu

Bullworker64
06-20-2015, 12:35 PM
a man who is satisfied wit the size of his muscles is not fit for kung fu

I did not say they were not big, I said they were fine. And, thank you for your continued support and suggestions.

Runlikehell
06-21-2015, 05:59 AM
I did not say they were not big, I said they were fine. And, thank you for your continued support and suggestions.

The best of luck to you on your journey. The more time you spend on this forum, the sooner you will become used to Bawang and his 'advice'.

Hope you enjoy the ride.

SPJ
06-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Focus on a few skills, throwing, striking or seizing.

And drill and condition your body to the few skills.

Have a great journey by starting with a few things.

:)

Bullworker64
07-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Focus on a few skills, throwing, striking or seizing.

And drill and condition your body to the few skills.

Have a great journey by starting with a few things.

:)

Thanks, I have discovered that seems to be the important part.