PDA

View Full Version : Any more information on the closure of the Lion's Den

JWTAYLOR
11-26-2001, 11:15 PM
I heard here that the Lion's Den is closed. Anybody know if this is true and if so why? I can't find anything else on the boards.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Mr. Nemo
11-26-2001, 11:27 PM
Huh? Who'd you hear that from?

I think I woulda heard something myself if it was closed.

JWTAYLOR
11-26-2001, 11:36 PM
Johnny Hot Shot posted it in the "School Logo T Shirt" thread.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Polaris
11-26-2001, 11:48 PM
I know there was a lot of drama taking place there, so I'd venture to guess that had something to do with it.

Mr. Nemo
11-26-2001, 11:56 PM
Do you mean when he said "Frank Shamrock closed the lion's den"?

Frank Shamrock doesn't even train there anymore, and hasn't for a while. How could he close it?

I think it was a joke.

JWTAYLOR
11-27-2001, 12:59 AM
So is the d@mn school open or not?
JWT

SantaClaus
11-27-2001, 06:09 AM
were you guys planning on attending any time soon?

HO HO HO
http://thumb-2.image.altavista.com/image/100933751

Martial Joe
11-27-2001, 06:22 AM
There was 3 lions dens...one was shut down...there is now two.

How do you like my math?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

[This message was edited by Martial Joe on 11-27-01 at 08:30 PM.]

Johnny Hot Shot
11-27-2001, 07:33 AM
Fortunately the Boxing Club that I'm working for is going to take in some of the fighters.. it's huge we are looking at renting a new space just for the Extreme fighters. So huge things are happening, probably with in the new year it will be up and running we are even looking into purchasing Shamrock's Cage.

Why Did the Lions den Close? A bunch of reasons from what I have been told and I have heared. 1 there is no money in fighting 2 it's really hard to maintain a gym whith very few paying customers , that and a whole bunch of political and internal Crap.

good news for the Boxing club even better that I'll be able to train with some real badd asses.

If you really want specifics on the Closure of the Lions den I'm meeting with the person who is handling the tranfer and opening of the New Fighting Gym. Let me know and I will ask for the Low down.

Frank did'nt train there he just owened and operated it. I'm sure he trained a few of the Top fighters though. Is'nt he doing something with WWF now?

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Kevin73
11-27-2001, 07:55 PM
Frank Shamrock is not in the WWF, you are thinking of his brother Ken Shamrock. Who owned the Lion's Den and after he stopped in the UFC had a short career in the WWF.

Kind of scary when you think how much they look alike and they are brothers only by adoption.

"God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Johnny Hot Shot
11-28-2001, 09:19 AM
I just got the Names mixed up. Got the Lowdown today from my buddy who used to train there. lack of students and a $10 000 a month rent is the bottom line why it closed. The rest is Just political BS Sad? but true.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson