PDA

View Full Version : My wife and I doing Shaolin Kung Fu applications

wiz cool c
07-18-2015, 06:02 PM
My wife and I doing Shaolin Kung Fu applications https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBg-PlMv72w

YouKnowWho
07-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I like your "抹脖踢 (Ma Bo Ti) - neck wiping kick". I will suggest to add one more move after that. If your wife lifts her right leg and escape out of your "foot sweep", you can push her throat back and inner hook her left leg forward while it has 100% weight on it.

Pete
07-19-2015, 02:07 AM
lol :rolleyes: looks pointless

wiz cool c
07-19-2015, 06:51 PM
thanks John, do you have a clip of that throw you mention? I think I know what you are talking about but not 100% sure

wiz cool c
07-19-2015, 07:02 PM
why would anyone spend their time on a kung fu message board and say practicing the applications of their style is useless. only one reason they are a hater. either that or they just don’t understand kung fu. Either way they get sent to the loser list. bye bye

1. Pete
This message is hidden because Pete is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

PalmStriker
07-19-2015, 07:33 PM
:) Don't mind Pop-up Pete. He's just a bit green around the gills. On a more positive note, I would suggest that you not have your wife doing any more rolls off the cement and practice for a good while on a heavily padded mat to synchronize the geometry in her mind of the circular/wheel configuration that will keep her from ruining her spine. Down the road you will probably not practice rolling off cement but will be able to do so if necessary. Better to have everything intact for the duration. Stopped practicing leaping rolls off cement myself after I was around 48 or so.

wiz cool c
07-19-2015, 07:52 PM
:) Don't mind Pop-up Pete. He's just a bit green around the gills. On a more positive note, I would suggest that you not have your wife doing any more rolls off the cement and practice for a good while on a heavily padded mat to synchronize the geometry in her mind of the circular/wheel configuration that will keep her from ruining her spine. Down the road you will probably not practice rolling off cement but will be able to do so if necessary. Better to have everything intact for the duration. Stopped practicing leaping rolls off cement myself after I was around 48 or so.

yeah i am 44 myself so i hear you bro. yes she needs work on her rolls, and yes you are right she needs to practice more on a softer surface, we disused this the day after as she was sore all over. but there is one hidden motive to having her train this day on the concrete covered by a thin mat. you know there is very little violent crimes where we live, and coming from a country with the highest rate of serial killers in the world I really worry about her sometimes if we ever decide to move to the states together, as she is tiny [although tough] I want to shock her a little to show her that fighting /self defense can be serious. but the next time we train it will be on thick grass.

YouKnowWho
07-19-2015, 08:24 PM
do you have a clip of that throw you mention?
The "foot sweep" is not shown in the following clip. The "wheeling step - step in left leg, step back right leg, and spin your body" is used instead.

- You spin and pull your opponent forward.
- The moment that you feel she resists, the moment that you borrow her resistance force, hook her left forward stepping leg, and throw her backward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1y5T4KwaFE

YouKnowWho
07-19-2015, 08:42 PM
she needs work on her rolls,...

If you have destroyed her balance, the rest is just the gravity. IMO, there is no need to finish your throw every time. 1 in every 5 throws should be enough. This way, your wife can safe more energy to train more.

Also if she has left leg forward, you can sweep her left forward leg too. The "抹脖踢 (Ma Bo Ti) - neck wiping kick" is shown in the following clip at 0.24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqs_xybRxWI

YouKnowWho
07-19-2015, 09:11 PM
This one is used in competition.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjExNjgyNTg4.html

wiz cool c
07-19-2015, 09:56 PM
If you have destroyed her balance, the rest is just the gravity. IMO, there is no need to finish your throw every time. 1 in every 5 throws should be enough. This way, your wife can safe more energy to train more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqs_xybRxWI

I did that on purpose to create a drill where we attack and defend Continuously , also practice the rolls. Yes I am well aware that her rolls need work. She had done better with them in the past and we haven’t practiced them often. Also as I was told in my ninjutsu training[I learned rolls from many style] rolling creates a kind of iron body conditioning. But yes yes yes I am fully aware she needs work on her rolls,and so is she

yes these throws in the video i am familiar with

wiz cool c
07-19-2015, 10:04 PM
This one is used in competition.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjExNjgyNTg4.html

Yeah that was sweet, pretty much the same throw but grabbing the jacket. You know I have trained in zhong guo shuai jiao for about 5 years but in the Beijing style I learned I don’t remember seeing this throw ,I learned this particular throw from shoalin and other styles of kung fu. O and by the way im not that good at shuai jiao, not that my technique is bad, just not the aggressive, powerful, explosive type

Pete
07-20-2015, 08:10 AM
You posted a vid and I just gave my opinion :eek: the reason I don't post any videos of me is because I already know I'm ****, not like alot of people here :p

Just looks like you're wasting your time training applications like that... unless you're lucky enough to meet someone who will stand there and wait for you to do each action

I know you already blocked me but hopefully I explained why I was a **** to the other members :D

wiz cool c
07-20-2015, 10:02 AM
This message is hidden because Pete is on your ignore list.

View Post.

"how do you kill that which has no life"

bawang
07-20-2015, 03:46 PM
this guy gonna give birth to the next elliot rodger

wiz cool c
07-20-2015, 08:34 PM
a little hater powwow cool

This message is hidden because bawang is on your ignore list.

View Post.

"how do you kill that which has no life"

LFJ
08-10-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure you realize how fast a jab/cross combo will come for real. Your circular blocks are huge superfluous movements that make you drop your hands to your waist level too, and they are crossing yourself by going to the inside both times. You will not have time to do that between a jab/cross combo and will likely get caught by the second punch.

Even if you were able to pull them off, the opponent's arms aren't just going to die once you touch them. Circling the first hand down and forgetting about it leaves your head wide open for a sharp left hook before you get a chance to do that other stuff. Check out how fast some boxers' jab/cross/hook combos are. There's no way anyone would pull this whole sequence off on someone trying to hit them. And we're not even talking about mobility issues yet.

wiz cool c
08-11-2015, 10:55 PM
This message is hidden because LFJ is on your ignore list.

View Post.

"how kill that which has no life"

rett2
08-12-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure you realize how fast a jab/cross combo will come for real. Your circular blocks are huge superfluous movements that make you drop your hands to your waist level too, and they are crossing yourself by going to the inside both times. You will not have time to do that between a jab/cross combo and will likely get caught by the second punch.

Even if you were able to pull them off, the opponent's arms aren't just going to die once you touch them. Circling the first hand down and forgetting about it leaves your head wide open for a sharp left hook before you get a chance to do that other stuff. Check out how fast some boxers' jab/cross/hook combos are. There's no way anyone would pull this whole sequence off on someone trying to hit them. And we're not even talking about mobility issues yet.

Yes, but training with your wife isn't about preparing for a boxing match. It's more of a fun thing to do together so keep it gentle.

LFJ
08-12-2015, 02:04 AM
Yes, but training with your wife isn't about preparing for a boxing match. It's more of a fun thing to do together so keep it gentle.

You can keep it gentle while still considering practicality.

wiz cool c
08-12-2015, 06:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBbjnyuG7hs
Shaolin techniques work great problem is these Johnny come lately watered down MMA wannabes don’t know the difference between ring and street fighting. they dismiss their style for whatever is presently popular. I have done grappling tournaments and trained in thai boxing and used my stuff in many street fights. their argument can go in circles forever, better to just ignore them