PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is Ving Tsun?

KungFuGuy!
11-27-2001, 06:57 AM
There's a new place in my area that trains this ving tsun, but I've never heard of it before. What is it?

Xebsball
11-27-2001, 08:20 AM
Its Wing Chun kung fu with a different spelling, also i think the lineage may be different, but essentialy its the same.

----------------------------
You brake my elbow i put your face in s.hit! HA HA HA, how about that, HA HA!
http://www.systemofadown.com/images/blurb3.jpg

IronFist
11-27-2001, 09:00 AM
Your topic cracked me up, because that's the same thing I thought when I first saw "Ving Tsun" written down.

I think three main Wing Chun people decided to call their styles Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, and Ving Tsun, respectively. (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong)

Phonetically speaking, they can all be the same, if you want to get technical. Please don't argue with me, however, because I never lose linguistic arguments :) (knock on wood)

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

rubthebuddha
11-27-2001, 09:28 AM
wing tsun: leung ting's flavor of wing chun as he learned it in yip man's latter years.
ving tsun: yip man's original western alphabet spelling of the style, this is usually how his sons, yup chun and yip ching, spell their art
wing chun: more generic spelling of the art, this is broken down further by several organizations using this spelling (such as william cheung's traditional wing chun)

pronunciation (as far as i know) is the same, but i'll leave my one vague point up to a vt student: is the v phonetic or is it pronounced like a w?

-rtb

KungFuGuy!
11-27-2001, 12:33 PM
Cool, thanks guys. Looks like I've found my new place :) Although it's going to be painful quiting temple, considering all the money I wasted :(

KungFuGuy!
11-27-2001, 12:46 PM
I have some more things I need translated please.
Paqua Chan
xing-yi-quan
antidisestablishmentism
Thanks!

HopGar
11-27-2001, 03:18 PM
isnt that ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM?

Zvika

"He's not dead, 'es resting! Well if 'e's resting, I'll wake him up! 'Ello Mr. Polly Parrot...." -Monty Python, Dead Parrot Sketch

Felipe Bido
11-27-2001, 04:37 PM
Pa Qua Chan= Baguazhang: Eight Trigrams palm
Ba: Eight
Gua: Trigram
Zhang: Palm

Xing Yi Quan= Hsing I Chuan: Form-Will Fist (or boxing)
Xing: Form
Yi: Will, Intention, Mind
Quan: Fist or Boxing

Hope this helps
:cool:

-------------------------

No more D, buddy...No more D!- Tenacious D

sultanpro
11-27-2001, 05:25 PM
Kungfuguy-

Don't worry about the money when you quit, just think that you will be out of that fake ass temple and no more of your money will go to his holyness.

The greatest day was the day i left myself.

Good luck with the wing chung, ving tung........ what ever it's called.

Skard 1

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.