PDA

View Full Version : Medical app/software

highlypotion
09-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Hello, My sister is a doctor and i just wanted to help her, She's planning to move her clinic to a bigger space so she can accommodate more patients. But moving isn't easy because we have to move all her patients medical records that she has been keeping to a file cabinet and organize it alphabetically. I wonder if there is a software or application that she can use to keep all her patients medical records? That way she can easily access her patients' record anytime anywhere. Anyone knows something about the software that my sister needs?Please let me know. Thank you.

MarathonTmatt
09-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Hello, My sister is a doctor and i just wanted to help her, She's planning to move her clinic to a bigger space so he can accommodate more patients. But moving isn't easy because we have to move all her patients medical records that he has been keeping to a file cabinet and organize it alphabetically. I wonder if there is an software or application that he can use to keep all his patients medical records? That way he can easily access his patients record anytime anywhere. Anyone knows something about the software that my sister needs?Please let me know. Thank you.

who is "he?" the person your sister works for, or someone who works under your sister? or is your sister a "he" somehow?

nothing wrong with good old fashioned filing cabinets. if you get the software u should still have the old fashioned filing cabinets as a safe-proof back-up anyway... seems more ethical (hacks, security breaches, etc.) did you ever see the movie "The Net" starring Sandra Bullock?

SoCo KungFu
09-13-2015, 11:46 AM
There are some EMR's that have been around, some cloud based some standalone. Your relative would be better off doing searches online and seeing who has demos available. And talking to other medical providers that have switched. This isn't just some thing you throw together like an excel file. There's a lot to consider in terms of security, accessibility, backup, ease of use for potential staffing, etc. As well as how often it updates and any technical issues that could impact their practice during those times. And of course, cost. Its not just buying a software package, its really more like placing a service on retainer. And this isn't really the place you for you to best find these answers.

highlypotion
11-13-2015, 08:26 PM
There are some EMR's that have been around, some cloud based some standalone. Your relative would be better off doing searches online and seeing who has demos available. And talking to other medical providers that have switched. This isn't just some thing you throw together like an excel file. There's a lot to consider in terms of security, accessibility, backup, ease of use for potential staffing, etc. As well as how often it updates and any technical issues that could impact their practice during those times. And of course, cost. Its not just buying a software package, its really more like placing a service on retainer. And this isn't really the place you for you to best find these answers.

Thanks for your advice. We did just as you suggested and she's contacted HealthFusion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-UrwVTlt8) and made an appointment for a demo. We're hoping that she likes it and is comfortable with it so she can finally start the transition.