PDA

View Full Version : More Wing Chun doing good.

boxerbilly
09-15-2015, 07:16 PM
I am sure these have been posted. Some guys may hate this stuff. Think it ruins the art, etc. It is sorta about fighting though. You tell me, if that Chinese guy that got tussled by the CLF guy in the other thread did it more like this black guy, do you think he would have had a better outcome ? He still may have lost but maybe not.

Guys things get sloppy and do not always look text book perfect or go as planned when someone else is trying to hit or hits you or moves or all that stuff. Looks good to me. So yes, manufactured , unrealistic sport fight. Id lay money of this kid before I would anyone that had not done this in a similar situation even if we say no rules. Black kid going to beat that other guy down. He is fighting. Not play fighting. Not drilling. Not all the other stuff people mistake as fighting. He is fighting. Another style I might add. Is he doing it WC right ? I don't know but it looks like good wing chun to me. He is using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP05PC3ReW0

Now, I am unsure if their are any hook punches in most systems of wing chun. I believe most go to elbows and so sort of hook like slap. Would it really be a *******ization to open that forearm and land with a fist instead of an elbow for a contest version that has rules ? Could that not still be WC ? And watching this WC elbow video , could not some of your elbow techniques be used as covers/blocks and still be WC ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsHCawJVT8

Could you not use certain techniques in ways you may not think of or have been taught ? If you can potentially violate principles of cover while throwing elbows could you not also violate it to be used as covers ? I personally do think you are violating anything. You are moving and using what you may have learned effectively for your situation. WC I have read is more based on principle than say technique. I'll let you guys argue that one. I could care less as long as it works !

boxerbilly
09-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Look at all those angles he covers with elbow strikes. Why can you not extend your fist on those angles ? You get overhands, uppercuts hooks al along the radius. Or as I said, use them as covers. Why cant you stop them say at a spot that resembles boxing covers ? You move through the positions. How is it not there then ? Motions like that don't count ? Can't stop on that spot for a second ?

boxerbilly
09-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Guys, when some guy calls you on not using WC techniques in full contact why can't you say BULL-hit, those punches are our elbow techniques which you don't allow in this venue so we opened them up and now you guys get to see our hidden punches? Go esoteric on them. And how do you not know there was not hidden punches in those elbows ?

boxerbilly
09-15-2015, 10:09 PM
I received an email from a forum friend informing me that kid was one of Phil Redmond's students. WOW. You are doing great work Phil. It ain't dying in his area. It is thriving. Really great job.