PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Opera Kung Fu Are They Hideing it ?

Firehawk4
09-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Why can i not find anything on these systems of Kung Fu there names and forms techniques ? Are they hideing these systems and being secretive about them ? what kinde of Kung Fu Systems did the Chinese Opera have besides Wing Chun did they have any long fist northern styles ? What about Emei Kung Fu was any of them in the Chinese Opera ? There is a Sifu who taught Bruce Lee some Opera Kung Fu named Yeung Fook he was in one of the Chinese Opera s years ago and learned alot of Opera Kung Fu Systems hes probably close to 100 years old know if he s still alive I will see if i cant find some of the names of the systems he new .

Firehawk4
09-24-2015, 09:17 PM
some Chinese Opera with swords https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYsVjZ_FFKk

sanjuro_ronin
09-25-2015, 05:09 AM
Secret systems are like secret societies:
If you know about them, they aren;'t a secret.
If they are a secret it means they tend to be so closed off that the "world passes them by" and they become stagnant and obsolete.

GeneChing
09-25-2015, 08:16 AM
It might just mean you aren't looking hard enough.

Here's a hint: A Day at the Beijing Opera: An Analysis of the Wushu and Acrobatic Skills of Beijing Opera By Emilio Alpanseque (2009 May/June (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/index.php?p=magazine&article=819))

bawang
09-25-2015, 08:35 AM
there is no opera style its all random movements. the opera performer pays a kung fu guy to teach him some moves or just steal them from watching street performers. occasionally a failure kung fu guy will join out of desperation

back in the day people were training kung fu to be army officer or join silk road caravans. they were highest professions. if you failed then you be an army conscript for free food and housing, or join a gang. if you failed some more then you wrestle on lei tai for money. if u fail even more then you do street performance and sell medicine. if you are ultimate failure then you join opera group

lol @ singing dancing drag queens hold kung fu secrets

Brule
09-25-2015, 10:13 AM
You've clearly not watched Prodigal Son Bawang. I'll wait for your response.....

-N-
09-25-2015, 12:18 PM
back in the day people were training kung fu to be army officer or join silk road caravans. they were highest professions. if you failed then you be an army conscript for free food and housing, or join a gang. if you failed some more then you wrestle on lei tai for money. if u fail even more then you do street performance and sell medicine. if you are ultimate failure then you join opera group

lol @ singing dancing drag queens hold kung fu secrets

You are revealing the real secrets again.

LaterthanNever
10-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Firehawk..Master Yeung passed away a few years back at the age of 98.

Firehawk4
10-15-2015, 06:54 PM
Yueng Fook new Red Boat Wing Chun , Southern Mantis , Northern Mantis , Chi Gung and other systems of Kung Fu . He made a Kung Fu system of all the kung fu that he new and combined it to make what was called fook Yung Quan .