PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of an instructor in the Central Arkansas area?

Arkansan
11-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Sadly my Sifu passed away. It's been long enough that I feel up to training again but I don't really know where to go from here. There is only one other place teaching Wing Chun in my area but I'm a bit skeptical of some of the claims made on their site (undefeated mma record, and family lineage going back to the 1800's) and it's putting me off.

My Sifu taught Wing Chun and JKD, I'd been with him for a decade. Though he was moving more classes toward JKD my interest in the past few years had moved more toward Wing Chun. I've learned the SLT and Chum Kiu, in his WC classes forms were simply not focused on so our progress in them was slow and they were only taught to students willing to stay after class to learn them.

I'd really like to continue my training but I can't find even a hint of another Wing Chun school in the area besides the one that I'm skeptical of. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

Another thought I had was perhaps getting a small club together, just finding a few partners to meet in a park or something so that I can at least continue what I have so far and show them the basics. Perhaps if I could do that I could save up and pay for an instructor from a nearby state to come out and give seminars from to time to time, that way at least some progress could be made.

Any thoughts or advice? I'm really kind of at a loss as to where to go from here.

boxerbilly
11-03-2015, 10:02 AM
I sure don't. Not WC.

But I do hope you continue to post. I see you've only made 8. Stick around man. Spread your knowlege.

Thanks,

Bill

Arkansan
11-03-2015, 11:03 AM
You say not WC, are you aware of any other Chinese martial arts instructors in the area? I'm beginning to think that there just isn't a CMA community around here and I'd love to see more of it if there is one.

I will certainly make an effort to be a more frequent poster, I could always use more good kung fu discussion.

boxerbilly
11-03-2015, 01:12 PM
No, I am sorry. I am in NY. You could google your area and the surrounding areas for schools. If you have a local martial arts supply shop they may have a board for people to pin cards and flyers to and you might find someone teaching out of their garage or to new to make the phone book, etc.

I wish you well on finding what you are hoping for and sorry your sifu passed on.

Bill