PDA

View Full Version : Does Any of this stuff work in real Selfdefense ?

Firehawk4
11-19-2015, 09:44 PM
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=video++of++selfdefense++martial++art s

boxerbilly
11-24-2015, 09:20 PM
I can not answer " for self defense " as I do not believe I ever really had a self defense situation. I used to get in to many fights when I was young. I made that choice. About the only thing I ever did was punch and rarely a front kick. I kneed a guy in the face once. None ever went to the ground. Ones I considered fights anyway. I never kicked anyone down but I have had my face kicked twice when down. I did not always walk away the so called winner. I lost enough.

The one time I may have had a self defense issues. I was mugged with 2-3 other friends. Knives and bats. We did nothing. A boomboxed was taken and it was all over in probably 20-30 seconds.

Firehawk4
11-24-2015, 09:45 PM
It was over in 20 or 30 seconds that means if a person was going to apply any of there techniques they should do so wisely. or should one just do what they can on instinct only ?

boxerbilly
11-24-2015, 11:02 PM
It was over in 20 or 30 seconds that means if a person was going to apply any of there techniques they should do so wisely. or should one just do what they can on instinct only ?

Sorry.

Most of the fights were overs in 2-10 seconds. 30 seconds is a long time to take a beating.

The mugging was about 30 seconds. We were out numbers and out gunned. It took that long because they patted us down for money and stuff I assume. It was all really fast. I was 16 or 17 at that time. The last time I was in a fight I was 32. About 15 years ago. I told myself no more and never had any real issues since. Avoid problem areas. Don't go looking for trouble. Keep your mouth shut. Same things my grandfather tried telling me but I told him he did not know what he was talking about. Times are different. Everything he told me has proven pretty accurate.

I probably responded by punching because it was the what I always trained, my main focus. I analyzed some of them after and later in life. And wondered if I did this or that or trained that, would things have gone different ? Often, I think, man if I knew GJJ then no one would have got hurt or lost teeth etc. We were just kids for the most part. Adults do not fight . Took me a bit longer to grow up I guess. 99 percent happened when I was 17-27. A little before and 1 after. I went into a bar when I was 32 looking for trouble because life was hard or whatever for a moment. I found it ! Lots of guys there just waiting for you.