PDA

View Full Version : East meets west: finger strikes

jun_erh
11-29-2001, 05:52 AM
Okay that's a corny heading, but it does sort of describe this post. I'm interested in finger strikes like snake and crane fist, but alot of it, actually, alot of kung fu, involves hitting in the crotch and the eyes and stuff. First, it seems rather uncooth to just up and hit someone in the eyeball. I know we're fighting to survive and stuff, but I think it might bring about a dangerous reaction. I mean, a fight is a fight, but if someone tried that **** you'd kill them right? I guess basically I'm saying that alot of the old kung fu stuff may just be seen as unskilled dirty fighting by western standards and may leave you with a more potentially harmfull situation.

Apprentice
11-29-2001, 07:25 AM
Here's some situations, i always wondered this, and it seems like when somebody else asks questions i dont know, i can sometimes figure them out myself...

U on back, opp. on top:

U finger strike to their 1 of their eyes, their immediate reaction, back up, if not, do the other eye, then they will back up, when they do, kick to the groin, heel or shin...

or

u in choke hold from behind, and your legs are impaired somehow..(ie. opp has legs locked, they are broken from an injury, or anything)

Reach back, finger strike and keep pushing into the eye...use other hand to protect your own eyes and get the choke off....

Note: I would only use those in emergency situations and to strangers...why? well, first of all its down right dirty(hehe)...second, when i escape i dont want them to know who i am and ask around about me and find out where i live and...well, u know

"True victory is giving all of yourself without regret"-Ryu

"Your best move is the move you regret not doing"-Fei Long

"Are you prepared to fight today? Someone else is as we speak"-Apprentice

Castlevania
11-29-2001, 12:59 PM
My humble opinion:I have never fought,but as far as I know,it is more powerful to push the eye in after striking,this way you make sure that you disable the opponent.
Thumb and phoenix eye are the best ones for striking eyes.