PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your Favorite Actor?

Liu Kang
01-04-2016, 02:51 AM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3736271/

Jimbo
01-04-2016, 09:09 AM
I don't know if I have a favorite actor.

Although, if you mean a favorite martial arts actor, for me it still depends on the movie or movies. In that case, my two favorites would probably be Shintaro Katsu (as Zatoichi) and Alexander Fu Sheng (when he was at his peak during Chang Cheh's Shaolin series of films, circa 1974-76).

Shintaro Katsu, because he was able to completely embody the Zatoichi character with so much life and complexity. He certainly had a lot of experience at it, with 26 Zatoichi films and a TV series. IMO, nobody even comes close.

Alexander Fu Sheng, because IMO he had the whole package; charisma, acting ability, sense of humor, ability at performing complex Kung Fu onscreen, etc. People who have only seen some of his later work may not think so. In 1978 or 79 he was seriously injured on the set, and when he returned a couple years later he was never the same physically, so he was often directed to overact, especially in a goofball manner very different from his 'Shaolin cycle' era work with Chang Cheh.

He had great movie fu. Was his KF the best? Not necessarily. But he was very good, and was fluid and a natural at it. Plus, he was Lau Kar-Leung's favorite student/disciple, and that means a lot. And he was the prototype that Jackie Chan took after. Fu Sheng was actually the first choice to star in Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, but he was stuck under contract to Shaw Brothers. Otherwise, it's possible that Jackie Chan may not have achieved the popularity/stardom that he has.

boxerbilly
01-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Early Mickey Rourke.

Early Gary Oldman

Sean Connery

Mel Gibson

Max Von Sydow

Kurt Russel

-

Heck, I like them all. There are to many and I don't know everyones name. Dominic Cooper was flat out freaking great in the Devils Double.

I love lots of actresses too.

I always wanted to dress like Mickey Rourke in Pope of Greenwich Village.