PDA

View Full Version : Daddy Duties

highlypotion
03-21-2016, 06:26 PM
My son's wife is currently pregnant with their first, he kept on asking me stuff about pregnancy. I actually can't remember everything (old age maybe), but I want to contribute something to our conversation. Does anyone know here the stages of pregnancy? What happens during the trimesters of pregnancy?

mickey
03-22-2016, 07:41 AM
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum,

Your son is going in the wrong direction (no offense). The best sources of information regarding his wife's pregnancy would be his wife's mother and grandmothers, as well as sister in laws who have already had children. They can best prepare him for every stage of your wife's pregnancy because they have that genetic advantage a textbook cannot provide.

One thing he should look into is in keeping his wife's skin hydrated and healthy. Pregnancy can cause some serious wrinkling and stretch marks (real bad on body tattoos in particular areas). Another is in proper nutrition. His wife's family can assist with that as well, if they have the knowledge.

mickey

PearlWhite
04-05-2016, 08:29 PM
My son's wife is currently pregnant with their first, he kept on asking me stuff about pregnancy. I actually can't remember everything (old age maybe), but I want to contribute something to our conversation. Does anyone know here the stages of pregnancy? What happens during the trimesters of pregnancy?

Maybe, your son is excited for his first baby. By the way, the first trimester of pregnancy is quite crucial because it is the beginning. His pregnant wife must be aware of the signs and symptoms. He must ensure a healthy and balanced diet too for his wife. Lastly, they should know also that pregnancy stages differ from each other. So, I encourage them to read and ask questions of what should be avoided during a certain stage.

-N-
04-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Feed her peanutbutter sandwiches ;)

http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1793699